Author Topic: Bonfire Island Moderation  (Read 3250 times)

Offline fhamanda22

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
  • "It's a very, very mad world" ~Gary Jules
    • View Profile
Bonfire Island Moderation
« on: December 05, 2011, 03:38:44 am »

"All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere"
     ~"Mad World" by Gary Jules

Avatar and signature photos edited by me <3

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
Re: Bonfire Island Moderation
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 03:48:23 am »
  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE report these people! Mods can't be everywhere, and if you would just report these people things would be easier. Sure, it's easy for you to say, "MOD, be on Bonfire NAOW" But it's not always that easy for them! They might be having trouble getting on, they might be busy offline, there simply might not be anyone on. That, and the fact that the report button doesn't work at all doesn't help.

All you have to do is get screenshots, like the ones you ALREADY have, and send them to a mod or admin here on the forum! They will be taken care of! It's as simple as that. If you truly wish to see things start getting clear, we need more people reporting the people causing issues, less people mini modding and assuming they are helping by causing a hassle, less people who just rant rather than help.
  There would be less issues if people simply didn't assume that the mods are going to instantly take care of issues and just watch rather than do something about it. Mods can't do anything unless they are right there watching as well. So if something is happening, then you know a mod can't see what is going on, and you should report!

I'm not saying that the mods are perfect, they could also be around a little more, but there would be less issues if people actually reported these things when they know mods aren't around!

Sorry for the rant XD

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline fhamanda22

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 04:50:19 pm »
All that I'm saying is that mods should check up on Bonfire more frequently. Not everyone knows how to report people in the game, and its simply just unacceptable that there are rarely mods there to protect the people who play FH that are younger.

(Oh yes and just to re-state this Is a re-post from http://my-lonely-wolf.deviantart.com/art/FH-Bonfire-Island-272267855)

Please don't take this in the wrong way, but many others feel that the moderation of Bonfire is lacking and could be a little better if mods who are online just checked a little bit more everyday.

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 05:35:05 pm »
Most moderators simply can't do anything, I have also seen this a lot and as I noticed in the screenshots, the people who are raping/being raped are mostly the same, someone new comes once in a while, but leaves soon.

I live in a different timezone and I see them often, when it's morning here.. I have rarely seen any mods online then.. That's why they ask that we report the rapists.. it's the best we can do.. c:

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 01:10:08 am »
All that I'm saying is that mods should check up on Bonfire more frequently. Not everyone knows how to report people in the game, and its simply just unacceptable that there are rarely mods there to protect the people who play FH that are younger.

(Oh yes and just to re-state this Is a re-post from http://my-lonely-wolf.deviantart.com/art/FH-Bonfire-Island-272267855)

Please don't take this in the wrong way, but many others feel that the moderation of Bonfire is lacking and could be a little better if mods who are online just checked a little bit more everyday.

You seemed to have missed the point of what I was saying. The mods can't really do anything unless they see it or get a report about it. So if nothing is being done, REPORT IT. I don't know how many people come on teh forum and have a whinge about teh lack of mods and how things are out of control, and yet refuse to report these people.  It's a two way thing here. Yes, mods could be on a little more, but if you refuse to help out as well, nothing will change. A mod can NOT be every where, see everything, so you have to help out.

And with the addition of FH+, the mods are stretched to the extreme. They have more maps than ever to moderate, they can't just focus on bonfire only, or the people would just swarm elsewhere once they figure out that the mod moved to bonfire. Which is where member reporting comes in! If you see it, report it!

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline fhamanda22

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 07:29:53 pm »
I do report people and I have done it many times in the past, It's not the player's job to moderate the game. It's the player's job to play the game and the moderators job to make sure it is a safe environment for everyone. If time zone's are an issue maybe there should be other mods from those areas that could moderate at those times.

I totally understand that mods can't be on watching 24/7 but you know it would always be nice for them to check in more often.

CrimCanis

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 07:49:09 pm »
I do report people and I have done it many times in the past, It's not the player's job to moderate the game. It's the player's job to play the game and the moderators job to make sure it is a safe environment for everyone.

You do realize this is a free to play game without any income whatsoever? Technically, the moderators don't have a job, they volunteer to do what they do. They're not getting paid and you're not paying. You don't really have a right to complain about free service.

And imo, it's not just the player's job to play. If a player loves a game and continues to play then they should at least take part in trying to keep it up to par as best they can.

If time zone's are an issue maybe there should be other mods from those areas that could moderate at those times.

It has been mentioned and is my understanding that the issue is not time zones but the bread being too wide for the butter, so to speak. The mod team is spread too thin. They could just "hire" more mods, yes, but I'm sure they want to get the right people to do things right. If they got the wrong people then it would become only more chaotic than it is now. Until they do find the right people, they are relying on us to help them.

JazzForLife

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 09:01:59 pm »
Wonderful post, CrimCanis.

Please, please listen to me. Mods do the best they can. It's not like they avoid Bonfire at all. But mods want to actually play the game, too. Go in private maps, roleplay, hang with friends. So even if there is a mod online, it doesn't mean they'll be watching everywhere, waiting for something to happen.

I'm not saying that if they see raping they will say "oh I'm not on duty I don't have to do anything". No. That doesn't happen.

And players do have a little responsibility to report others' actions. Mods try theiry best to keep FH safe and clean, that's why they were hired and that's why there are there. We could just hire random people who seem okay from different time zones, but it's not really that simple. You're trusting a user with the power to ban people. The staff does not want people to abuse that power.

So please, if you see stuff like this, take screen shots  and send them in right away to any staff member. Even if none is online, pick an admin or something. It really helps us keep FH safe and lets users enjoy the game instead of getting raped every time they roll over.

Offline fhamanda22

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2011, 03:36:56 am »
Please everyone understand I do get what you are saying and I'm not trying to attack anyone or the current mods. It's only a suggestion that someone else gave me permission to post on the forum.