Author Topic: Keeping A Good In-Game Reputation  (Read 6049 times)

Offline darkknight

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • Ask Questions
    • View Profile
Re: Keeping A Good In-Game Reputation
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2013, 07:34:28 pm »
I don't mind being couched on. I don't even mind being a "bridge" at times for people. As long as it's not so random like I am in the middle an intense role-play session and then someone I don't know comes up and crawls under me. I would feel a bit awkward then.
Image © Mikita Kavalenka

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 09:11:17 pm »
16. Do not talk down "illiterates." (Sometimes they do not know what "literate" is, and you may discourage them from playing the game. And it's just not nice and respectful. )
Added
What if the person allows people to couch them?
That's fine
I don't mind being couched on. I don't even mind being a "bridge" at times for people. As long as it's not so random like I am in the middle an intense role-play session and then someone I don't know comes up and crawls under me. I would feel a bit awkward then.
As long as you don't mind being couched on I guess it's ok, but it's sometimes not appreciated :I So...
<.<
>.>
-le sits on Hugrf anyways- muhahahaha >:D
Very very informative Stargazer cB
Thank you Baba c8
6. Don't map claim, your playing in a public map, the space is public. Seriously, that is the ONLY things that annoys me about feral heart community. This is just so idiotic. People here are much better than in other games I've played and I think mainly because of strict rules this game has and also because it's a roleplay game, without pvp or pve which usually makes people go against each other and caps rage. But territory claiming is something I will never understand
I already did that ^^
And true, though if someone made one of the rule things on the list, can you put (By [MEMBER])? ^^ Just asking.
Sure c8

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Sir Equius

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 10:56:53 pm »
D--> Very good list you got here, Stargazer. This will be really helpful to new members of the community. Well done.

D--> Does being a Homestuck troll count as being a troll?
   >:D

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 12:32:20 am »
D--> Very good list you got here, Stargazer. This will be really helpful to new members of the community. Well done.

D--> Does being a Homestuck troll count as being a troll?
   >:D
Thanks and no, Homestuck doesn't count xD

Preset Download

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 04:08:42 am »
How about:
Don't try and win fights both sides know that you will lose at
Don't make neons. Nuff Said
If you are invited to an rp you aren't interested in but your friend wants you to rp it, politely tell them you don't want to don't yell at them you don't want too.
Upon seeing someone famous or popular, it is ok to 'fangirl squeal' but don't go over the top.. (Ex. couching them, asking for autograph, spamming friend requests)

Offline hellensilverwolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
    • babayagaga
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 04:48:48 am »
well I just commented on that, not asked you to add and I have nothing against being a couch either *derp*

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 12:49:32 pm »
How about:
If you are invited to an rp you aren't interested in but your friend wants you to rp it, politely tell them you don't want to don't yell at them you don't want too.
Upon seeing someone famous or popular, it is ok to 'fangirl squeal' but don't go over the top.. (Ex. couching them, asking for autograph, spamming friend requests)
I will put those up but im not sure about the neon one. Just because you may not particually like neons doesnt mean the "neon" Would be hated. I can still put it up, but would you mind if i rephrased it?

Preset Download

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 01:26:43 pm »
One thing that stands out in this that I really consider important if you don't want to make a bad impression on someone.

The couching part.

I can't stress enough about this rather small, but what I consider it very important thing. Endless amount of times there's been users(that honestly doesn't seem that bad) that start talking with you politely, but it doesn't take long before they just sit their big rump right on top of you with their response "Free couch :D". In all honesty I can see where the fun can be in this, but I just see this as rude and disrespectful to whoever you sit upon. But why one might ask?

As much as it's a joke, thinking of what you actually say, you are calling someone a "couch". A furniture made for nothing but sitting on, and that should be enough to explain it in this case. Counting away what it actually is you end up calling someone, you are also placing your furry butt right on top of someone else and their character, many of the times you don't even know well. It is a game, I know this very well but you wouldn't sit down ontop of someone reading a book on a bench in your local park. If your friend enjoys being a couch it's fine, but people really need to consider what they are doing when they couch random users like nothing, and worst of all is when these users become rude for being told to get off.

Couching is such a small thing, but it leaves a very big impact on the people around you. If anyone is the slightest serious about their characters and socializing with people, getting to know them, they wouldn't want to be couched the first thing in a conversation with a new "friend". Not to drag this on for too long, but it's really people talking to you as if you are a tool of some sort, and there's more ways than couching I believe.

It's really just to keep in the back of your head that not maybe everyone approves of the couching, and combine that with someone having a bad day, and maybe not good control of themselves, it might get less fun. There's even times when I need to go afk, and avoid any of the lay or curl animations due to users doing this from time to time, can get quite annoying.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 01:40:25 pm »
How about:
I will put those up but im not sure about the neon one. Just because you may not particually like neons doesnt mean the "neon" Would be hated. I can still put it up, but would you mind if i rephrased it?
I don't mind at all

Offline F a t a l

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2013, 12:24:40 am »
These are some very great tips. I'll try to come up with a few myself, but right now I've got nothing. :p
Found in-game as F a t a l
Frequently hanging around on characters Daiquiri and Paenitere.