Author Topic: Your least favorite type of roleplays!  (Read 4988 times)

-WhereSunRises-

Re: Your least favorite type of roleplays!
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2015, 02:56:21 pm »
Thanks for your opinions guys <3 Iam glad my topics are full of comments, I enjoy reading them all :)

Offline gIittergore

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2015, 07:41:29 pm »
I used to really love roleplaying Warrior Cats, but eventually the majority of WC RPers got incredibly narrow-minded and territorial on public maps, and I kind of left the fandom because of it. I really do miss it, though!

Offline Agentpaws

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Out of Order
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2015, 08:25:08 pm »
Plotted role-plays are definitely a 'no' for me. I enjoy when you join a group & you can kind of 'go with the flow' & figure it out from there. It makes for more interesting events, I think. I also kind of dislike the 'role-play' groups where there is kind of a clique of the 'cool kids' & they create a sort-of barrier between themselves & the other members. I'dunno. It makes me feel very intimidated if your little group are the only ones you'll ever speak to. I enjoy when groups are kind & include every member, not just their ringlet of friends.  :D

Avatar by yours truly! In-game Username: AgentPaws

Offline Queen_Innocent

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2015, 09:31:25 pm »
I'm really loving these multiple discussion posts you're making, very creative.

I don't really like mapless RPs, and unless its a friend's role play you won't ever see me in one. Also role plays that are full of black and white wolves with spike colors and piercings. Just.. no.  As Shurtle said plotted role plays aren't always the best either, but some of them are kind of interesting.

I prefer mapped RPs that give you the free will to choose your own characters path and plan their own lives, y'know? They're just.. better. More interesting.

Mm, but what if it was actually a role-play that you could fit your own character's path, there was just a backstory that everyone goes with. If you think about it, all groups /are/ plotted. It's just that some are more creative than others. Haha~

stuck-up mature roleplays that use fake words every other second

most strictly plotted roleplays that allow no sort of side development and/or straying from it

and roleplays that say they're active but after the first day disappear off the face of the earth

oh and groups that just
are horrible people
who harass people who were forced to leave it

Well, A.) That would be wolf-speak..? I can tolerate it, if it's not that great of an influence...
B.)"most strictly plotted roleplays that allow no sort of side development and/or straying from it" My own personal group lets people set their own path, it's just a backstory..? That they all have to follow in a way, going on with my answer to Hooli's.
C.) "and roleplays that say they're active but after the first day disappear off the face of the earth" Jesus, I hate those. I've made a challenge for people to not leave their group, and to use only three characters for a month or so. Lol
D.)"oh and groups that just
are horrible people
who harass people who were forced to leave it" Dang, I do hate those kinds! I can honestly agree with you. -,-

Offline Tessel.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • and this time, we're gonna get funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2015, 01:29:28 am »
I'm accepting towards all different kinds, but some I can never really get myself into is FNAF roleplays (and anything similar). Just not my cup of tea, I guess. I also can't get myself into human roleplays. Even though we are humans ourselves, and it would be easy because we know everything humans do/know how humans are, it's hard to imagine yourself as a human when you're using a canine or feline model (talking about in game here, not like a roleplay on a forum).
Besides that, I'm not much for wolf-speak. Nothing against it, I just prefer nothing too simple, but not overly detailed. Especially to the point where you're giving details to every little thing with words that are hard to comprehend.

Siggy and avi by me. PM me if you need anything, friends.

Offline PoisonIVy12

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Colin the Cornhusky is Life
    • View Profile
    • Professor Flannigan's Lab
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2015, 10:21:53 pm »
I'm getting ideas for starting my own roleplay, so this is a helpful thread for "what-not-to-do". XD

So, it seems no-one really likes plotted roleplays? I can definitely see why, It's no fun to follow a storyline point-by-point. But what if a storyline develops during the roleplay and unfolds then? Has it become "plotted" or is it just unfolding like a roleplay story should, naturally and unbound?

And what about backstories, or a basic setup for what the roleplay is supposed to be about? I don't mean "this is a wolf pack" or something like that, I mean like "These are the groups here and this is how they interact". It has no control over what stories happen or what characters are like or do but it does help to make things more organized. *shrugs* I wouldn't call that "plotted", just a fairly organized RP.
Find me ingame as PoisonIVy12!

Cy, the eccentric rebel against the world. Oh, and wordsmith. :D

Offline Maknae

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2015, 01:42:58 am »
I hate when it's Like:
First day - their group gas ben created, all OK, nothing against it. But the second day you spent all the time to wait others, and no one come. :(
Ok, ok, if it is only a day it's ok, maybe they were busy. But waiting for a week.... Anyway, I Like too warrior cats' roleplays, and wolves ones too! I love if there is a pack active and realistic that follows wolves "rules" for example the ranks, the fact that the wolves didn't talk, so you shouldn't talk, but maybe just bark. Changing the subject on the warrior cats' roleplays, I Like them, too if In just a novice with warrior cats.
Note: some of the words can be wrong spelled because of the phone, anyway typing errors.

Echoing harmony

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2015, 05:25:45 am »
I enjoy any roleplay. But I will stray from the people who use emojis in their posts.

Offline papayatoot

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • papayatoot
    • papayatoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2015, 12:39:01 am »
I don't like human role-plays. There are so many MMORPGs with /human/ avatars, so why are you on the only canine/feline role-play game?

I also don't like role-plays that use the IC ranking system as a basis for how they treat group members OOC. I don't think it's a very benevolent way to advance your group.

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2015, 03:28:40 am »
I'm trying to understand the concept of disliking plots by the majority of people. From my own personal experience having a flat roleplay that is just like "the day in the life of" constantly is super bland. Like having the same constant without anything interesting sounds boring to me personally. You need something once in awhile to liven things up and bring people together. I actually avoid non-plotted roleplays. Aha.
As a side note, plots don't have to be something that happens in roleplay suddenly. Plots can also refer to a back story of the roleplay. So essentially saying you like plot-less roleplays means just a simple pack/pride/group with no back story development or anything. It'd be like the group just showed up, no goals, history, how it came to be, etc. If you're roleplay has anything like that, then it is indeed plotted.

But I like plots that include EVERYONE. In my own roleplay I've come up with interactive plots that anyone in the group can interact and help shape. Like the basic say could be there's some sort of sickness (over-used I know). But how people react to that shapes how it plays out. Like a healer in the pack mentions needing help gathering herbs. If no one helps; well they wont have the proper supplies to treat everyone. Meaning there will be more casualties as the illness progresses. But if people do roleplay helping the healers; they'll have enough to help properly.

More on topic though, in my own preference I like plotted or themed roleplays that aren't too strict and allow character involvement. Ones that aren't my kind of thing. I also tend to stray from humans, anything way over-cliche or groups that aren't friendly or chatty. Like if you're roleplay is based on some 'evil' group, that's merely insane to be insane, raids others, kills and the majority of you are all dark hued with knives and spikes; I'm avoiding you like the plague. I love dark roleplays and themes that go out of the 'norm' and are creative. So if you're just trying to be edgy and cool with your 'evil' roleplay; count me out, xD Anything with powers is also a no-go for me usually. Unless controlled. Like strictly controlled and managed.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 03:36:09 am by ZombieKitteh »