Author Topic: Prepare for the Youtube Rebellion  (Read 5664 times)

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
Re: Prepare for the Youtube Rebellion
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2016, 05:10:31 pm »
I'm not going to say much on this, because others have already made all of my points. I also might like to add that despite the claims that FH is 'dieing' due to the update, we broke the record for most users online right after its release. It's rather offensive to see people lieing in order to get what they want.

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • I might return soon? I dunno
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2016, 07:02:49 pm »
This is actually kind of amusing. I won't say much, as most people have spelled it out already, but I absolutely love the change. Sure, I'll miss the old maps, but they can always be remade. I'm glad FH changed for the better. It's because of the update that I'm back from my hiatus. If I could make videos, I'd make a lot with the update. In fact, the update made making videos BETTER, because the maps are better.

Those 'youtube rebellion' videos are making me laugh.
Oh jeez, uh, I haven't been online in forever. I joined in 2012 lmao, back in the old maps, forgive me for not knowing my way around.
My in-game username is FirecrackerTNT (previously known as amythealpha), but can also be found on lpslover. I used to also be found on the account Amythenightwatch, but I think the account was deleted??? oops lmao

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2016, 08:25:32 pm »
Aaand the comment wars have begun. Someone call Keemstar hehe.
It seems like they're attempting damage control, but so many people are just raging about Red and signal boosting his DA page to get spammed.
Leave the poor guy alone, like seriously.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2016, 10:11:22 pm »
this isn't surprising tbh. i expected some major backlash from upset players because of the update, despite the fact that one was both constantly asked about and needed for years.

miss the old maps? that's fine. i miss them too. but it's pointless and childish to cross the line and tell people to harass someone who's not even a part of the staff team anymore.

Offline SophyTheLioness

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • FUZZY LLAMA COOL LLAMA SEXY LLAMA
    • ValentinaTheWolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2016, 03:52:05 am »
Those people are childish, and i am angry, because i don't want this to end /like this/. What if Red leaves because he gets harrassed by these FH players?. Do you want your totally not laggy and large Fluorite Plains back? Ol' Mate-Center-&-Adoption-Center-flooded Bonfire? EMPTY Last Cave? EMPTY Atlantis? EMPTY Sky's Rim? EMPTY Ascension Island? EMPTY Cape of Distant Worlds? EMPTY Temple of Dreams? ALL of these maps usually didn't surpass 20 members online at the same time. Specially Atlantis and Last Cave. South Pole had many members at once but the map didn't have many things that made it special, yes, it was Kovu's creation, but i don't know why so many attachment to it? literally just a cave and many mountains of the same texture. Change is for the greater good.
I'M YOUR OBSESSIVE SABLE MOMMA.

Signature art by bab number 1 Kiaz <3
Avatar art by bab number 2 Cocoadoq <3

(Psst, check out my free species! If you like canines... Check out this thread ;) http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57355.0

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2016, 08:04:04 am »
lol i am the least adaptable person ever and even i cope with the update just fine.  If people want south pole then there are snowy maps, even i downloaded them.  Sometimes you just have to "Let it go", pun intended.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Drunk

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • The Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 03:27:38 am »
I can't help but feel a rather pretentious vibe coming from the video creator and who ever else keep saying that they want the old maps back. You do realize there is open opportunity to continue another update with a snowy map and it could be in the future? Maybe make one yourself with the new map maker features and host a petition to get it in and have another update, but to say FH is dying when other people feel that life was breathed into it again is rather pretentious and to be frank just an opinion. There is indeed a group of people that want old FH back, I can't see why, but there are some of us who are grateful and excited about these new maps that are so much more immersive for role-play. That again, is only my opinion as well.

Offline cytofin

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • cytofin
    • teahsu
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt/Contact
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2016, 03:45:04 pm »
People have been waiting for an update, asking for it. This is what everyone does when a new update comes?
Complain about it? Yes, the old FeralHeart does hold a lot of memories within the hearts of many within the community,
but.. You have to move on at some point in time.
This may be the time to. It was sad seeing the older version go, but be happy. What if the game was able to be shut down
due to lack of updates just like Impressive World? Which It could or could not happen. I have no idea.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2016, 04:04:11 pm »
I agree with everyone who mentioned how everyone was complaining for change and how the game is dying or was never updated...

And yet the moment we try to please the vast majority now people want to go back to complaining. Sometimes I feel like people just come up with things to have a reason to complain honestly. It's really silly.

EMPTY Last Cave? EMPTY Atlantis? EMPTY Sky's Rim? EMPTY Ascension Island? EMPTY Cape of Distant Worlds? EMPTY Temple of Dreams?

^ Thank you. This is exactly what I was thinking. As a staff member for Feral Heart I've spent a great amount of time in game at numerous different hours, days, and times of the year... For the last year or so (probably more than that) it has been quite apparent that most of the maps outside of Fluorite, Ficho, and Bonfire were dead zones.

I recall when Ascension used to be a busy hub of anime fandoms and roleplays. Remember all the Hetalia roleplays? It all died. At any hour I'm lucky if I saw even one or two people on that map.

South Pole use to be very busy with a number of people grouped up and sitting close to the Lonely Cave portal entrance. Then there we scattered groups amongst the snowy hills. That all died too. On several occasions I went online and South Pole was a literal waste land with no one on the map.

Specially Atlantis and Last Cave. South Pole had many members at once but the map didn't have many things that made it special, yes, it was Kovu's creation, but i don't know why so many attachment to it? literally just a cave and many mountains of the same texture.

Exactly. It was literally just a height map with a bunch of the same round bumps just randomly scattered around and a snow texture slapped on to it... I can guarantee that it wasn't hard to make at all and that little to no actual effort went into that map to actually make it look or feel like a real snowing environment. We intend on actually giving the community an enjoyable and thoughtful version of these maps.

Last Cave rarely ever had anyone in it just like Atlantis. Those maps were well known to be the maps where people ran to to try to get away in private to most often roleplay inappropriate things or buttswing on each other. And when there were normal roleplayers there, at most it was like three people on the entire map...

Skyrim used to be a hub of dragon roleplayers and just many friends hanging out together and that died too. Lucky if you saw three people there.

Cape had died substantially too. There used to be tons of people sitting up in the tip of the hill chatting away and goofing off, and in the last year or so that was all gone. The TEC group that used to chill there on the rocks was gone. Most of the Spanish roleplayers had substantially decreased. Cape was on its brink as well.

Fluorite Plains was barely alive itself, most people were gathered by the Cape portal, or Stone Bridge. If you ran out anywhere else most dens were unoccupied if not by just one or two people. There were sporadic few people still clinging on out there roleplaying but it was nothing like Feral Heart's early days. The L/J island lion roleplays were a rare sight now. N/Z used to be a huge hub of activity and hang out and that was dead.

To me Bonfire and Ficho were the last true surviving hubs of Feral Heart activity and even there I was seeing the changes occurring.

Truth is interests in the same old stale maps dies at some point after several years of no updates. The maps barely had room for imagination with the amount of dead space in them. We are trying to start fresh and give the maps a little more life and depth to help spur the imagination and interests again to fuel roleplays etc. We're also trying to provide something to look forward to in updates from a game that has long been abandoned and not updated yet alone fixed. Memories of old times will not be enough to keep an ever changing community alive and thriving. Memories are highly valued but the overall function and quality of the game, it's server, and community takes priority before sentimental value. The game will simply become nothing but a memory if users do not support changes that keep the game up and running hopefully for more years to come. We all have great memories of the old FH and that will never change... It's those memories of FH that make wanting to keep FH alive and thriving soo much more important. I do hope users can understand this. Change may hurt or feel weird at first but in due time things will eventually become the norm again as people find their places in the new world and pave the path to new memories.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 04:17:19 pm by SoulScarredStray »

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2016, 06:46:09 pm »
Keep in mind that FH was an unfinished game for five years and has not had an official update since the beginning of 2012, until this recent refurbish. If nothing had gone wrong, then this update would have been done years ago.