Author Topic: Prepare for the Youtube Rebellion  (Read 5663 times)

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
Re: Prepare for the Youtube Rebellion
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2016, 10:48:21 pm »
Honestly, I'm getting really sick and tired of all of these people going around thinking spamming Red and trying to start a new "Hashtag Trend" just to get the old game back. That isn't going to work. Never will. This update is here to stay. I know everyone had good memories and favorite spots in the old update, but this is a chance to make new memories, to forge paths for new players. Nobody will even give this update a chance. They just automatically scream out that all of their memories are just gone.

This update was took years to actually get around to becoming public. Everyone was always complaining about how the FeralHeart was dying after Kovu left and no new updates were coming out and after certain "events" last Thanksgiving. Yes, the login page is a butt. But honestly, I would rather deal with that than personal information leaking out. Or better yet, the game getting shout down entirely, which the mods could have done a lot easier. But no, they choose to go through all of this to keep the game running. And now they have brought us this wonderful new update, and all people can do is complain. They finally get what they want....and they just throw it down and crush. it. Honestly now that it's been a month...I really don't want the old maps back. I love all of the new ones. I've found my favorite spots and I know this map like the back of my hand. I show others around even. If everyone could just be more understanding of that and ask for help, the wouldn't be having as many problems.

So basically people need to either suck it up and actual give this update a chance, or they need to find them a new game to play and stop trying to start stuff here. Rant over.

I agree, the people that keep trying to get the old game back are being childish. Not everyone wants the old game back for one thing, and we have gained a lot more users since it upgraded. People really need to understand that it's not something that's going to go away, and if they don't like it they can leave. Anyone that goes after Red is technically Cyberstalking which is illegal. I never thought I would have to post this but I think it's important now after everything I've seen. This is a law that I will be quoting that people on Feral Heart need to be aware of, for many reasons. (Parts of it have been removed due to adult content)

"Cyberstalking is the use of the Internet or other electronic means to stalk or harass an individual, a group, or an organization.[1] It may include false accusations, defamation, slander and libel. It may also include monitoring, identity theft, threats, vandalism, or gathering information that may be used to threaten or harass.

Cyberstalking is often accompanied by realtime or offline stalking.[2] Both are criminal offenses.[3] Both are motivated by a desire to control, intimidate or influence a victim.[4] A stalker may be an online stranger or a person whom the target knows. He may be anonymous and solicit involvement of other people online who do not even know the target.

Cyberstalking is a criminal offense under various state anti-stalking, slander and harassment laws. A conviction can result in a restraining order, probation, or criminal penalties against the assailant, including jail."

Ref: "Cyberstalking". Oxford University Press. Retrieved 2013-12-10.

I really hope people will realize that a game is a game, and bothering people about it is actually a criminal offense. Why risk being a criminal just for a FREE game?

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2016, 02:41:39 am »
People really need to understand that it's not something that's going to go away, and if they don't like it they can leave. Anyone that goes after Red is technically Cyberstalking

Aye. Let's also not forget how extremely difficult it is to be an admin of a game. I'm sure there are a few video game entrepreneurs out in this community as well, and as we know, managing an online game is not an easy feat. For someone to sit down and be an administrator to an MMO is a very painstaking task. Not only do they have to set aside time to maintain the game and the community, taking time out of their own lives, but they have to deal with all of the social stress of their players not being satisfied, etc. As Sura already stated in her previous post, you can't make everyone 100% happy and in agreement. But Red tried to get pretty darn close to that 100%, and in that process he allowed the game to eat into his own real life, and take time away from things that were important. As he explained to us, that was one of the reasons he decided to take his well deserved vacation.

For someone like Red to have that kind of dedication to sit down, spend hours upon hours making sure players are enjoying their experience with their game is quite the task on its own. But what's even more admirable is that he did it in such a selfless fashion. He did what was best for the game, even if it wasn't the best for him. And now, for players to go around bashing him for doing what he saw as right and fit, is totally unacceptable. Not only is it rude and selfish, but its uncalled for. Its apparent that the people going around making these videos either do not understand the kind of work, effort, and time that go into an online game, or they are simply not willing to be understanding, compromise, etc.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2016, 07:13:12 am »
honestly, if someone wants the 'old FH' back, they can get off their butts and make it themselves. It shouldn't be too hard to just recreate the old maps as a map pack, remake podium to resemble the old one, replace the new markings with the old ones, etc and call it 'old FH'.

honestly, spamming an ex-staff member isn't gonna do anything. you want the old game back, you can make it yourself. don't have the skills? well too bad. commission someone.