Author Topic: Someone Tell Me the simplest Way to Get the newer patterns Please!  (Read 2488 times)

Offline ColliePup

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
I have tired multiple times to Download and get the newer patterns. I'm tiered of not being able to see the Patterns on Other players. Is there a video I could view to Help me step by step?

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Someone Tell Me the simplest Way to Get the newer patterns Please!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 02:57:45 pm »
I'm guessing by patterns, you mean Markings?

You simply place ALL the .png images into Local Disk (C:) \\ FeralHeart \\ media \\ textures \\ markings

(It will look like this)

You then place the markings.cfg file directly into your FeralHeart folder, so basically Local Disk (C:) \\ FeralHeart and replace when asked.

You then should re-launch your game (if you're not in it already) and the markings will show.

If you need any more help, let me know my dear!

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • http://shay-wolf.deviantart.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/Mid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 07:20:37 pm »
There is also a markings.cfg file inside of your markings folder (or at least in mine there was) so be sure you replace that one as well just to be safe. But if there isn't one, copy it to there anyway and see if that helps.

Offline ColliePup

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 02:47:38 pm »
It seems like I got ity in there I started up my game to make a new Lion i put on a new pattern but it did not show up yellow.
I replaced the files that asked to be, Downloaded the markings 2, and Restarted my game.

Offline ColliePup

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 02:53:25 pm »
Now FH Is not working,.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 03:39:03 pm »
Collie messaged me to say that her markings are now showing up in game, but she cannot connect to FeralHeart (For those who want to know who are reading this thread to keep track).

As for your other problem, hon-- I'm not sure the markings would have anything to do with you not being able to connect to the game. It sometimes takes a while to connect to FeralHeart, sometimes I find especially when you install mods to the game. Like the markings you installed for example. I would just log into the login page and wait a few minutes to connect.

However, if your game is crashing instead (not coming up with a connection error), it is clear that your computer cannot handle the markings. So it might be the case of undoing what you did and replace the FeralHeart markings.cfg and Markings folder you have with the default FeralHeat1.15 ones. If you continue having issues getting ingame of course.

You would need to download the FH contents from
here in order to get the default markings.cfg. You will also need to download the Textures download from the same place in order to get the default markings folder.

Once you have downloaded both, simply place ALL the .png images from the markings foder into Local Disk (C:) \\ FeralHeart \\ media \\ textures \\ markings and replace when asked. Do the same with the markings.cfg but instead place it directly into Local Disk (C:) \\ FeralHeart and replace when asked.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Loco.Motives

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I am not as fine as I seem.
    • Kelli Urie
    • View Profile
    • My WQ Account
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 03:48:22 pm »
Find my tutorial on how to download and install markings here

----
-Credit to icon and signature owners-

Offline ColliePup

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 09:55:20 pm »
Collie messaged me to say that her markings are now showing up in game, but she cannot connect to FeralHeart (For those who want to know who are reading this thread to keep track).

As for your other problem, hon-- I'm not sure the markings would have anything to do with you not being able to connect to the game. It sometimes takes a while to connect to FeralHeart, sometimes I find especially when you install mods to the game. Like the markings you installed for example. I would just log into the login page and wait a few minutes to connect.

However, if your game is crashing instead (not coming up with a connection error), it is clear that your computer cannot handle the markings. So it might be the case of undoing what you did and replace the FeralHeart markings.cfg and Markings folder you have with the default FeralHeat1.15 ones. If you continue having issues getting ingame of course.

You would need to download the FH contents from
here in order to get the default markings.cfg. You will also need to download the Textures download from the same place in order to get the default markings folder.

Once you have downloaded both, simply place ALL the .png images from the markings foder into Local Disk (C:) \\ FeralHeart \\ media \\ textures \\ markings and replace when asked. Do the same with the markings.cfg but instead place it directly into Local Disk (C:) \\ FeralHeart and replace when asked.
It is not crashing yet When I try to get into the server it says ''could not connect to front server'' So I waited a bit and retried then doing the same thing. Could it have something to don with that thing where you chose how long to be logged in? Or is that just the forums? Should I re-download FH?
(Btw Thank you for all this help, It means a-ton! :3)

Offline nureongi

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 12:55:02 am »
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 02:39:47 am by nureongi »