Author Topic: I would like to share something with you guys  (Read 4724 times)

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
I would like to share something with you guys
« on: February 08, 2015, 03:38:03 am »
I found a song recently, and I can say it could be one of the best songs I have ever listened to. The artist, Modest Mouse, released the single just a few weeks ago for their album that is in fact scheduled to be released on my birthday (they haven't released a studio album since 2007, for your information). I'm looking forward to pre-ordering it or at least buying it when it's released. Admittedly, Modest Mouse is my most favorite band besides Panic! At The Disco, even though their genres are pretty far apart. There's a great reason why I love the band so much.

Here's the song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW5Or7bIVJk

I thought I would share it with you guys because it is about wildlife. It's also very emotional moving if you think about the lyrics being said. Issac Brock (the guy who mainly writes and sings the songs for the band) is said to be an amazing songwriter, and I wholeheartedly believe that. I can say this is one of the best songs he has written and created as far as I know.

I hope you can love this song and music video as much as I do. This needs to be shared.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: I would like to share something with you guys
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 04:15:39 am »
It's not the type of music I'd usually listen to but I really enjoyed this song.

I don't completely understand all the lyrics but I'm aware of the message in the song, yes it is very moving and a little upsetting. I liked how they put a coyote in an urban environment and the statues of animals at the end too.

Thank you for sharing, I might look into songs by Modest Mouse now :)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline .Fallen-Kingdom.

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • One Step At A Time.
    • CatieBug9
    • CatieBug9
    • CatieBug9
    • KittyBug9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 08:59:52 pm »
Yes, I completely agree with Ingredient. I enjoyed this song even though this wouldn't be the usual music I'd listen to. Not to mention I didn't completely understand all the lyrics as well. It's an interesting, and great song. I also enjoyed the little adventure that the Coyote was going on during the video. It's cute. ^w^

"Always remember, it has to be dark for the stars to appear."
I go also go by BugJuice in-game! Feel free to say hi!

Offline .Ghostly.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • help me polarize
    • fzzysocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 10:36:21 pm »
*Wearing a P!ATD shirt and room is filled with MCR and P!ATD posters and other bands*

ANYWAYS
This song is actually pretty cool and I actually like it c:
Thank you for sharing this with us <3

fry bread obsessed smol bean
Ingame user: .Ghostly.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 01:09:50 am »
*Wearing a P!ATD shirt and room is filled with MCR and P!ATD posters and other bands*
gIVE ME YOUR P!ATD POSTERS I ONLY HAVE ONE THAT I DON'T REALLY USE //GETS SHOT
i'm also wearing a p!atd shirt too wow. it's a size or two bigger than what i wear normally and it's super nice to wear!!!

thank everyone for all your replies. the music modest mouse makes isn't really what i favor the most to say myself, but ohmygod their songs are greeaattt af. i'd recommend looking into more of their songs if you like them, but i'd be wary that some of their songs have a sort of mature content i guess??? especially their older ones.

i also found out that their new album is being released in two days instead later in the month?? wow that obliterates my plan on pre-ordering it.