Author Topic: Every Computer I Touch Dies  (Read 915 times)

Offline GigglesTheHyena

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • AuBurneyTheHyena
    • GigglesTheHyena
    • View Profile
Every Computer I Touch Dies
« on: September 16, 2019, 01:33:12 am »
Every time I download FH on another computer and get my items, markings, textures, the game either fails to work. It's like FH kills every computer I get it on. My Lenovo laptop had issues from when I first got it, but when I got FH on a Blue Evoo All-In-One, it worked fine, and now, all of the sudden, the computer has problems. My brother for a bunch of other games on it, but whenever I try to get FH on a laptop, it breaks the game or kills the laptop. The only things I've ever had FH work on are that blue EVOO All-On-One desktop I'm currently using and a Dell All-In-One desktop I used to have (before I accidentally cracked the screen DX). I'm hoping to get a gaming laptop to see if FH (or me) doesn't kill that because my mother is thinking that FH itself is killing these computers. But I wanna keep playing FH so badly. I just can't leave the game for another 5-6 years. Plus, I have rp friends I would never get to see again if I ended up having to leave. Besides Dragons Den (which I can't get on that PC I'm using), FH us the only mmorpg I love to play. I've tried others in the past, and they're not as good. My mother thinks FH is causing these computers to fail, but I'm hoping it's not. I know I'm terrible with PCs and every one of them hates me so much that they die if I even own one, but I can't let FH be the issue. I can't give up my childhood game.

Meet Chubster! © ChekachekaFisi/GigglesTheHyena
T.U.F.F. Puppy © Butch Hartman
What's up, y'all! T.U.F.F. Puppy Fan & Animal Lover here! Like This Adorable Genderless OC? Check out my deviantart! @AuBurneyTheHyena.deviantart.com/

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: Every Computer I Touch Dies
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 01:35:31 am »
What exactly is happening?

1. When your game fails, do you get an error message or does it just crash when you start it up?

2. When your computer fails...how exactly is it failing? What happens to your computer upon installing and/or trying to run FH?

You are amazing <3

Offline GigglesTheHyena

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • AuBurneyTheHyena
    • GigglesTheHyena
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 01:39:10 am »
When the game fails after getting my markings, items, textures, etc., the game just crashes whenever I try to start it up, and that's on the crappy lenovo laptop I just got bad for the fourth/fifth time from being fixed. The EVOO Desktop had gotten a .explorer error message and went to a black screen with the audio still playing twice yesterday. It worked fine until that. My brother also has abunch of other games on it like Steam, Undertake, Minecraft, so I'm hoping that it's one of his games and not FH because my mother is suspecting FH since I'm having trouble with all these computers. .

Meet Chubster! © ChekachekaFisi/GigglesTheHyena
T.U.F.F. Puppy © Butch Hartman
What's up, y'all! T.U.F.F. Puppy Fan & Animal Lover here! Like This Adorable Genderless OC? Check out my deviantart! @AuBurneyTheHyena.deviantart.com/

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 05:48:09 am »
FH is most likely not the reason why your computers are failing. Trust me I used to run FH on a tiny laptop and it was decent enough.

Does FH crash your computer or does only the game crash? Does it slow down your computer in any way? Does it only happen when you download markings, items, textures, etc?

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2019, 04:26:45 pm »
Steam is not a game in and of itself, but a bunch of games pretty much, some of which can take up over 60 GB of space(Such as Elder Scrolls Online, and Ark Survival Evolved). How much harddrive space is on the C drive of a computer that is malfunctioning? And how much RAM do the computers have?(RAM helps the multitasking capability of the PC) And how many tasks are usually running at the same time?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 04:33:42 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 04:12:40 pm »
I'd suggest fully uninstalling FH on your Lenovo and reinstalling it. Run it without downloading any markings, items, textures, etc. and see if it opens without crashing. It could be one of the modifications your downloading that's crashing your game, I know there are a few that don't work with the new update such as some animations.

You are amazing <3