Author Topic: DeviantArt Virus Pop Up  (Read 2157 times)

Offline Cypress

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
DeviantArt Virus Pop Up
« on: November 07, 2015, 03:50:00 pm »
I don't know if I put this in the right place or not but when I visit the DeviantArt page I get suspicious virus messages on there. Does anyone else get these?

Preach

Re: DeviantArt Virus Pop Up
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 03:51:06 pm »
What does the virus look like?

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 03:53:05 pm »
This isn't the right place for you to put your DeviantART help needs. You should take that up to DeviantART itself instead of FeralHeart, thank you.

If you mean you get actual viruses from DeviantART, then: Don't go on, don't click the ad's and/or put up a sort of security program for your device.
If you mean you get ad's talking about having a virus on your computer, ignore them. Those things aren't accurate, they're just ad's.

Offline Cypress

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 03:54:40 pm »
The virus pop up thing popped up with a separate page and made some weird noise then I pressed ctrl and alt and closed the web browser and everything was fine. I used my virus scanner to check for any viruses and it said 0 threats detected am I ok? Also I never pressed any ads I was looking at a picture on there and then a separate page popped up. Sorry for putting this on the wrong section.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 03:57:02 pm by Danova »

Preach

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 03:56:42 pm »
If it said 0 tbreats, then you're fine.

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 03:58:35 pm »
I don't think you have a virus.
I get pop-up's every once in a while that make sound and I'll close it and I'll still be fine with 0 threats eto my computer.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 04:24:46 pm »
Since this does not really seem like a Feral-Heart related question, I will move this to the "Other Games" board. Topics posted in the Help section should generally be somewhat related to Feral Heart, and if you're having an issue with another site or game, I would suggest looking to their own forum (if they have one.) Members on the Deviantart forum are more likely to find you some good help there, since it is an issue with their own website. In fact, Deviantart even as a Forum and Help & FAQ page here and here, which may even answer your question.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Meadowstar01

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2015, 09:55:28 pm »
I've had the same problem before, actually. I did get the pop-ups once, and it said that I had two trojans and one other virus. Though once I got Ad-Blocker, I quit getting the pop-ups.

Recently, however, I got on DeviantArt, and my computer completely froze. I had to force shut down the computer, and I tried setting the computer a day back, hoping that it would fix the problem. But as a result, my main computer account got corrupted (which means that I was unable to get into my own account), and I was also locked out of the hidden administrator account (it had a password that I did not know about). The only way I was able to even use the computer was to get on "Safe Mode". My little brother eventually messed with my computer for awhile, and he said that he deleted a bunch of stuff EXCEPT for the operating system. I was eventually able to make a new computer account (and get into the one that got corrupted), which is the only reason I'm able to type this now.

I've been on DeviantArt for three years, but I suppose I came off as lucky until the last time I was on (or ever will be on).

I'm just clearing up that what you're saying, Danova, is not nonsense, as you're not the only one who had a problem with DeviantArt.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 09:57:39 pm by Meadowstar01 »