Author Topic: Feral Heart Character Gifs  (Read 4017 times)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Feral Heart Character Gifs
« on: August 01, 2012, 11:33:39 pm »
Hey everyone I'm really really sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I've seen a few people on here with really cool moving gifs of their Feral Heart characters and IT characters. I do not have alot of experience working certain art programs etc but I was wondering how do you make those? I would love to make a gif of my main character Suragaha.

SoulRevenge

Re: Feral Heart Character Gifs
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 11:35:56 pm »
If you send me a video file of you character moving, I could make it into a GIF X3. (I used Hypercam 3 for mine~)

Aweu

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 11:39:56 pm »
Well, you need a lot of screenshots... I'm not that experienced with gifs, but I can tell you you need a program called 'Frames' I think. Not sure, or something that has to do with frames. And you put the screenshots in Frames and you can resize it into a gif. I do know that you need a program called 'Frames' or something similar to that.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 11:44:09 pm »
B-Rabbit if you would do that for me I'd be so grateful to you. I used to use Hypercam up until my first laptop got damaged. I will definately try to start making vid clips again. Where can I contact you for it any way when I finally have a clip?
Thank you Aweu for telling me that. I will look into that program because my goal is to eventually learn how to make them myself so I will not have to ask people for gif making favors. Thank you both for helpful replies  :D
Also if you wouldn't mind B-Rabbit but could you explain to me how you made the gif with Hyper Cam?

SoulRevenge

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 12:55:40 am »
I actually used more then just hypercam, Hypercam was just to film lil' Blacki down there, GIMP and Video converted were also used- Video Converted made the orginal video into a GIF, and GIMP allowed me to edit X3

Offline Sibb

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • #BusinessCat
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Sibb
    • http://sibblet.deviantart.com/
    • STEAM_0:0:71732532
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 01:18:45 am »
What I learned in college is that if you grab a bag load of screenshots, place them in order on a program designed to follow the pictures in an order and capable of editing and designing beside it, then you are guaranteed your GIF.

Personally I would use Adobe Flash Player which is sometimes used in class to design video GIFs.

By doing this, you simply go into the timeline and post the pictures in the movement order, play the GIF to make sure it's all in order, make edits and then save as a GIF file.

So:
1. Post pictures in order on the timeline.
2. Play the order to check it's correct.
3. Make edits. (Optional)
4. Save as a GIF file format.

Someone do correct me if i'm wrong. ~Sibby.

Signatures    |    Avatars

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 06:46:55 pm »
You all are so awesome! :) Thank you guys so much for having the patience to explain this all to me. I will look into all the programs you mentioned and start experimenting with things. Very helpful.

Offline Sibb

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • #BusinessCat
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Sibb
    • http://sibblet.deviantart.com/
    • STEAM_0:0:71732532
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 07:23:51 pm »
Happy to help. :)

Signatures    |    Avatars