Author Topic: I really need help with meshes.  (Read 1168 times)

Offline LupusK

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • My desire to inspire
    • LupusKing
    • View Profile
    • Read my stories
I really need help with meshes.
« on: March 01, 2013, 12:35:04 pm »
1st - okay so i know this part is not related to this game or site but i really need to know ASAP. i have some great ideas i want to share in the game and i can't because i cant find any good and easy mesh softwares that can be useful so can i have some help on that please.

2nd - I need soem help to know how to put created meshes onto the game and how to make sure they work. i've never done it before and i want to try as anything is worth a try. the same with animated presets. i kinda know what softwares to use for example GIMP and photoshop. but i dont know how to get them animated on my character on Feral-Heart. if i can have some hellp on them both i will be really thankful.

3rd - please explain in the most easiest way you can. i can get kind of braindead sometimes. i try understand in some cases but i end up confusing myself. mostly on the mesh topics x.x so thank you for helping. I may need help to try make the meshes animate to. I love animtations. i need help to make sure they are lag free. Hope i can get some help. thay you. Wolfykid
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:38:19 pm by duane paton »
Feedback is a blessing.

Good feedback is encouragement.
Bad Feedback is motivation.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: I really need help with meshes.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 08:04:17 pm »
If you want to make meshes I would highly suggest using Blender 2.49 b, it's free and that version works best with games like Feralheart and IT. You can get it here: http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.49b/ Choose the one that suits your computer, windows, OSX (mac), linux.

You will also need python 2.5: http://www.python.org/getit/releases/2.5/

The .xml converter: sourceforge.net/projects/ogre/files/ogre-tools/1.6.0/OgreCommandLineTools_1.6.0.msi/download <== install it somewhere easy to find, you will be using that to convert .blend to .mesh. Copy and paste it into your URL bar to go to the link.

You also need this to export to .xml.mesh: www.xullum.net/lefthand/downloads/temp/BlenderExport.zip

And this to import meshes into Blender if you ever plan on making items: ogreaddons.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ogreaddons/trunk/blenderimport/ogre_import.py

Those are all the tools you need firstly, they are compatible with that version of Blender. Don't worry, I'll tell you how to install them once you get everything downloaded and installed.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 08:07:18 pm by Ingredient »
Will be inactive due to work and exams.