Author Topic: A little worried? (If in wrong spot, please move/Alert me.)  (Read 1328 times)

Offline TheDeathRealm

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
A little worried? (If in wrong spot, please move/Alert me.)
« on: March 14, 2014, 04:30:43 am »
 So I was in Fluorite at the Plus/Cross about to begin advertising for my pack, I noticed a group of new/young players in the middle of RP nearby. At first it was just the spelling problems that urged me but then one of the Kiddos asked the others for their phone numbers - which of course set my little red flashing alarm right off. So I did what anyone might do, I told them to be careful, giving out personal information is dangerous all that hot caramel.

But the one who had asked for the phone numbers began to push back at me. She persisted to spill a little information on herself (Full name as well as some other.. Back up name I suppose?.. Claiming she had it from a "Accident".) and one or two others supported her. She went offline shortly after but I was just at a loss of what to do y'know?.. I didn't feel i could just leave something like that. And I still don't.

I don't want new members to run through FeralHeart thinking it's okay to give out and Receive personal Information. We all see FeralHeart as a safe environment but it's never the less still the internet - and who knows who's signed up. There was no one else in the area as far as i could tell but it gave me a bit of a nervous break-down.

Should I just leave it be and let the mods catch it when they catch it or is this something that should be patched up real quick?

Anywho, ya'll have a nice day.~

(I do have usernames, pack names and character names.)

- TDR
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 04:35:25 am by Sacha »

baltowolflover

Re: A little worried? (If in wrong spot, please move/Alert me.)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 05:36:16 am »
You did the right thing telling them to stop. People on FeralHeart can be quite rude.

I think you should contact the staff for this. Rule breakers should not be on FeralHeart. Unless they learn they're lesson.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 06:35:55 am by Baltowolflover »

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 06:08:40 am »
Best thing to do whenever you catch rule breaking or suspicious behavior is to take screenshots of the conversation, individuals, and their usernames. Giving out personal information is very dangerous indeed and no one should be going around asking for that kind of stuff either. If you have screenshots or further information on who this individual might be etc please feel free to send either me or one of the other moderators a message about this and we will certainly look into this. Remember it's always better to be safe than sorry. You did a good job warning that user to be more careful.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 06:10:54 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline TheDeathRealm

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 07:45:18 pm »
Alright, Thank you vey much you two. c: I only have two screenies but I'll send em' right over, Suraraha.~

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 09:27:01 pm »
Thanks ^^ I'll lock this thread in the meantime. We can discuss the rest in private message.