Author Topic: Signature Help.  (Read 1080 times)

Offline YouFoundCali

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Get Rickrolled, boi
    • View Profile
Signature Help.
« on: November 23, 2017, 01:03:47 am »
                                                                                                                                         Hello! I need a tiny bit of help with the signatures!                                                                                                               
                                         I don't really understand from what i have looked up to help me, so i just came here instead. Anyways, I need a little help understanding how to make one and how to upload it to show whenever you make a forum post.                                         It would be great if someone could help me! Thanks!  :D                                                   
                                                                                                                                      Oh, and sorry if I sound like an old lady behind a computer screen!

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Signature Help.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 01:20:37 am »
The signature works pretty much like the rest of the forum. You can put text and images/gifs in your signature, although you do have a character limit to prevent it from being too long. If you're wanting to add an image to your signature, you'll have to do the same thing you would if you wanted to post a picture on the forum-- upload the image to someplace like Imgur.com, where it will generate a new URL code for you to use.

If you decide to use Imgur.com, simply "Upload a Photo," and browse through your pictures to select which picture you want. Once it uploads the picture, move your mouse over the image, and you'll see an arrow button; click that, then "Get share links." From there, copy the BBCode URL it gives you, and paste it into your signature. If you want your signature centered, use this code:

Code: [Select]
[center]PUT TEXT HERE[/center]
If you want to get fancy, you can add different colors and text styles. All of the little icons you see when posting on the forum (such as the boldface, italic, font size, change color, etc) will help with the fancy parts. In most cases, all you have to do is click on them, and it will give you the code. With any images or gifs, though, the little picture icon at the top won't do anything unless you actually upload the picture to an uploading website (ex. Imgur). Keep in mind that you won't see those little icons when you're editing your signature, but if you don't know the coding, you can always pull up an extra tab on your browser and test out the functions.

There are many great tutorials here for help with the forum's coding. Perhaps there will be something of interest to you there. c:

Hopefully this helps!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 01:26:33 am by Warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.