Author Topic: Advertising Words?  (Read 3184 times)

EnderStar

Advertising Words?
« on: June 03, 2013, 10:16:22 pm »
I've been seeing this for a while now and I'd like to see what you guys think of it. Every time I post something or look at a post there is always at least one word that is in yellow, bolded, underlined twice and linked to an advertisement. When I scroll over it pops up on my computer and doesn't go away until I click out of it. Super annoying if I am in the middle of reading something. This has probably been happening to all of you and I'm sure you've noticed.

I use red as the color of my posts and I can clearly see if an advertisement is hidden in my posts. Even a few days ago I looked up to see how many people were online and Game Server had an advertisement hidden in it.

I know this is a free website and advertisements are meant to be on here so everyone can enjoy this site but the advertisements in the words are new and annoying. I'm fine with the little advertisements at the bottom of the screen and on the side but I don't like it in the post when I'm reading something. I'm just saying.

What do you think about them?

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: Advertising Words?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 11:36:33 pm »
I feel your pain. On LG mobile, it gets real annoying. I don't get why they have to up up the most oddest advertisements, in and out of posts.
We can't do anything about them being everywhere sadly though.
I hate that they are everywhere too on posts. I mean seriously?
No offense to anyone, I just dislike them pesky ads sometimes.

EnderStar

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 12:58:14 am »
I feel your pain. On LG mobile, it gets real annoying. I don't get why they have to up up the most oddest advertisements, in and out of posts.
We can't do anything about them being everywhere sadly though.
I hate that they are everywhere too on posts. I mean seriously?
No offense to anyone, I just dislike them pesky ads sometimes.

I don't mind them being here and there but the fact that they are on every post I see on the forum is irritating me a bit. But I know, we can't do anything about because I'm happy I don't have to pay to view this forum. So we'll just have to live with it. It's not that bothersome until you scroll over it slightly.

BouncyLion101

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 03:40:19 am »
Yeah, those little word advertisements can get really annoying. e.e
I found that if you just accidentally scroll over one, the ad that pops up will go away if you don't hover the mouse over it. At least that's how it is on the computer, I think.

But this is a free game, and we can't really complain that much. Money pays for the server, money is taken from advertisements.

Offline Chemistry

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Aemuli Novum Creator
    • View Profile
    • Aemuli Novum Website
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 03:06:04 am »
I feel like the advertisement words that have started to pop up happened at the same time on many websites. Some other websites I enjoy to be on also have the same thing appear -- It's odd. Everyone get the same idea at the same time? x3
"Everyone says love hurts, but that isn't true.
Loneliness hurts.
Rejection hurts.
Losing someone hurts.
Envy hurts.
... Everyone gets these things confused with love,
but in reality love is the only thing in this world that covers up all pain
and makes someone feel wonderful again.
Love is the only thing in this world that does not hurt."

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 05:24:10 am »
The ads don't very much bug me but I have been noticing they're popping up everywhere. Er, I guess it's the advertisements' new way of catching our attention I suppose. Like Alice has said, the same thing happens on other sites I generally tend to lurk around on.
gone

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 11:26:43 am »
I don't see them because I have an ad blocker for google chrome, but I could see it being annoying. I downloaded it for youtube but it works great with everything, haven't seen one slip through yet. I can't stand the advertising business, they called your house, knock on your door, interrupt your tv programs and now bother us on websites! We cannot escape! 

Offline kiaz1st

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • The Rogue
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • kiaz1st
    • View Profile
    • Kiaz Site
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 12:36:18 pm »
I hate these small advertisements. I mean, when its on a specific word, like from a sentence for a map download, I instinctively believe that it is the link to the download, but become disappointed to turn up on an advertisement website. It really bugs me, especially if I accidentally press it (On a laptop, this is easily done xD)

I must get what Nathan has.......

Offline Kona

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Glitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 01:09:53 pm »
Yes, this can be very annoying, especially when you accidentally click on one of those words... -.-

Signature by ISeeYou/GoldRadium