Author Topic: "Wolfspeak" equals good post?  (Read 5782 times)

~Firepool~

Re: "Wolfspeak" equals good post?
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 04:40:18 pm »
I don't exactly "hate" wolfspeakers, rather I find it difficult to understand what they're saying. Of course, I'll use some of the words like "banner","Orbs" ect. I ultimately prefer a more creative aspect of roleplaying, as in describing a story to what is going on, unlike describing physical appearance using larger words. I have absolutely nothing against wolfspeakers or practically anyone who uses the form of RP to a certain extent. (Because I do, on occasion.) I just think it takes away from the creativity of RP.

Offline Blueyi

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • omf Len Kagamine x Miku Hatsune is my OTP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 10:00:45 pm »
Does anyone else remember the days when literate people role-played normally?
Whoever brought Wolf-speak to FH.. hah, I will not want to meet them and start saying what they have done to the officially literate role-players who now use Wolf-speak.

I ship the VOCALOIDs Miku Hatsune and Len Kagamine together. Problem?

Offline Chemistry

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Aemuli Novum Creator
    • View Profile
    • Aemuli Novum Website
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2013, 01:12:38 am »
As my opinion, I disagree. My roleplay is not based off of if you use the word "head" or "helmet". Others might have different opinions, and that's fine. I suppose it depends on what roleplay you join. I'm mostly curious on where the term "wolfspeak" originated from.
"Everyone says love hurts, but that isn't true.
Loneliness hurts.
Rejection hurts.
Losing someone hurts.
Envy hurts.
... Everyone gets these things confused with love,
but in reality love is the only thing in this world that covers up all pain
and makes someone feel wonderful again.
Love is the only thing in this world that does not hurt."

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2013, 01:27:00 am »
I don't care for wolfspeak. Personally I disagree and think it makes you the exact opposite of literate.  Literacy is a term for using proper grammar, punctuation and words. How can you be literate when using terms and words out of context? Being creative is another. I'm ok with that, but I don't think "wolf speak" counts as literate roleplaying. Because it simply doesn't.

I've personally kicked people from my roleplays for using it, so- o-o Yeah.