Author Topic: Is FH Dying?  (Read 13011 times)

Offline Darkx12121

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • dtlfan23
    • View Profile
Is FH Dying?
« on: March 14, 2018, 09:22:23 pm »
Honestly...I feel like the game's starting to die. I'm not saying it IS, I'm just saying I FEEL like it is.
And I can kind of see why. Despite it being an awesome game, I feel like it just gets a little dull after a few hours. I feel like new content should be added into it. I'm not saying add PVP or make a story mode or anything, I just feel like the game would thrive from more content. So what do you guys think? Is Feral-Heart dying or is it just suffering from a lack of content? Put your opinion in the comments. And please, no flame wars. I just want to see your guy's opinion on this matter.
REEEE

Offline teanovai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • . care for a spot of tea?
    • teanovai
    • View Profile
Re: Is FH Dying?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 09:32:33 pm »
the problem with updating the game is that the staff cannot do so without the source code, which has been gone for quite some time now. although it'd be nice to maybe have a bit more features and even updated graphics, with what the staff has that isn't possible.

there is another map update coming, though information about it has been scarce, but seemingly fairly soon!

as for feralheart dying, i haven't been on for a few weeks due to me being busy with school and other things, but from my understanding i don't believe feralheart has had a drop of players active. a lot of players are in mapped roleplays, and therefor in private maps. the public maps, yes, they can be a little barren from time to time, especially around exam season which is now-ish, as it always has been. if you wait until the summer though, folk should be more frequent.

in my opinion, i think feralheart is doing as well as it can. there's many willing roleplayers and friendly people to chat with in the game, and the holiday events the staff holds helps grow our little community here. interesting topic!

signature by me | icon by raspbearies
my preset!

Valar.Morghulis

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 09:44:46 pm »
It's funny how people always say that the game needs new content and new updates, and when they actually happen, everyone talks about how they miss the old FH.(not saying that this is you,of course, this post just reminded me of what people do)
Also,I don't think that the game is dying, people are just busy and actually these few months are pretty hectic. College and school exams are coming up, finals are coming up soon and things are getting busy.
A lot of people are online during the holidays and the weekend though

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 10:21:08 pm »
Well, in a way.  Busy people, lack of creativity at this very moment in time is also observable.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Erhiia

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Insert interesting text here
    • Erhiia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 07:10:55 pm »
I don't necessarily believe it is dying, I think people are just growing up. Take for example myself; I started playing this game when I was 9, and that was over 7 years ago. I think it has to do with the generations that grew up with this game. Newer generations are nearly as exposed to games such as these primarily due to the newer, action-filled games that are on rise. Those people who played several years ago are mostly all in late highschool - early college, which makes it difficult to come on and play. Also, the interest in role-play games like FeralHeart seems to have taken a decline with the rise of the new action-filled, and amazing graphics filled games which base their models off of humans, rather than animals.

Maybe in the future, there may be a rise in another set of generations who will take interest in this once again, but for now, although we may be a smaller community, it is still doing well for how long its been around!
- Erhiia -
Lineart (c) Eredhys on DA

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 09:15:54 pm »
Nobody really knows if it's dying. Yes the population may be slowly decreasing, but what if we're lucky and suddenly some FH video goes viral on YouTube and then then game gets more attention?
Anyone remember "Monster" by Meg and Dia? (you can watch it here) It has reached approximately half a million views, and I think those views explains the thousands of members there were registrered back in those years.

I hope this makes sense.
sorry I'm pretty sick at the time lol
doing what i feel like

Valar.Morghulis

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 09:45:50 pm »
Nobody really knows if it's dying. Yes the population may be slowly decreasing, but what if we're lucky and suddenly some FH video goes viral on YouTube and then then game gets more attention?
Anyone remember "Monster" by Meg and Dia? (you can watch it here) It has reached approximately half a million views, and I think those views explains the thousands of members there were registrered back in those years.

I hope this makes sense.
sorry I'm pretty sick at the time lol

Also to add onto what you said (Yea I agree with FH videos,
we should have more funny FH videos and not just those 30 second ones that are heavily edited.
Also as I wanted to add, I think that FH is still very popular and people are constantly trying to register,
just that they can't find the registration open.
If the registration was open constantly, the server would break because as I said, FH is VERY popular.
So yea, the game is not going to die anytime soon xD
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 09:51:42 pm by Valar.Morghulis »

Offline JackalBlaze

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 09:54:52 am »
I don't necessarily believe it is dying, I think people are just growing up. Take for example myself; I started playing this game when I was 9, and that was over 7 years ago. I think it has to do with the generations that grew up with this game. Newer generations are nearly as exposed to games such as these primarily due to the newer, action-filled games that are on rise. Those people who played several years ago are mostly all in late highschool - early college, which makes it difficult to come on and play. Also, the interest in role-play games like FeralHeart seems to have taken a decline with the rise of the new action-filled, and amazing graphics filled games which base their models off of humans, rather than animals.

Maybe in the future, there may be a rise in another set of generations who will take interest in this once again, but for now, although we may be a smaller community, it is still doing well for how long its been around!

I've never posted in the fh forums but tonight was the first night I decided to do so because I decided to lurk for the first time. I started playing fh in...I'm..not sure? Maybe 2011? But I'd have to try and get into an old account of mine to check. The problem now is the massive log-in change. I understand that its a massive deal. But unfortunately, I've found many would-be players who just didn't play because they didn't know how to get into the game or it was too much of a hassle. I personally think the mods and admins need to find a better way of handling this or else the player count is just going to keep dropping because people just have no idea how to play. It's not the fault of those games, of course there is a rise in popularity of them. I play them myself. But there will always be a new generation of people to play. But this 'new generation' doesn't know how to log in. It's not like most games where you log in through the game and you're done with it. I just personally feel like there could be a better way of handling this...you know? There has to be another way out there.  I've played for so long, I'm in college now. I major in game design and one thing I've learned is that there is typically but not always more than one way to do things. To me, it just seems like FH decided to go around the mountain instead of using the path that leads straight through it, a much longer path that is costing them players.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 09:58:50 am by JackalBlaze »

Offline Arandomperson

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 12:41:56 pm »
Ive noticed FH has had its ups and downs with this kinda thing. But most of the time it feels like its dying. Maybe part of the reason is that ppl get scared away from all the jerks in the game. Ya know. The ones that whisper you random falsely accusing you of something you never did CoughcoughShadowNightmareCoughcough. Or the ppl that straight up rude just cause you expressed your option. Or the ppl that report you just for sitting near them and/or talking to them. Frankly. I don't think its the game. Just the rotten eggs that play it.
Merrp

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2018, 03:22:39 pm »
Well, in a way yes. All things come to an end, and FeralHeart is no different. However, I feel that the new update may reverse that and may even spark it up for quite awhile longer.