Author Topic: Have you ever been stalked by someone in-game?  (Read 7435 times)

Offline angelatorchic

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • woopwoop
    • View Profile
    • F.E.N.N.E.C.'s Official Website
Have you ever been stalked by someone in-game?
« on: January 03, 2015, 12:04:16 am »
Okay, before I say much of anything, I do not mean IRL. I only mean some random person following you around in-game, be it completely harmless or a little creepy/annoying. Please don't mention any users on this topic, I don't want naming and shaming to occur.

So, I'll share my personal experiences. I've only been what I consider 'extensively stalked' by someone in-game once. I'm not going to mention any usernames (and I frankly don't remember the user, it was so long ago). Basically, this was back before I'd created a group I was satisfied with and I was making groups like wildfire and trying to find one that fit me. What was unsettling was that, on several occasions, a person with the same user, (always) the same character name, and almost the same design, character age, and history would attempt to join my group. The first few times were okay and I was like "Hey, maybe this person just enjoys roleplaying with me."

But after the first few times it started getting annoying. Eventually, I confronted the person and politely asked why they joined every. Single. Group. I made. They said that it must have been their sibling since they share accounts (mind you this was when they were trying to join another one of my groups in another character almost exactly like all the other ones that had joined my previous groups). I was like "Oh, okay." but in my mind I was like "Wow that's either true and I'm not believing it or it's a bogus excuse..."

Another, more minor time was when this person with horrible grammar skills came over to my (awesome) group while we were debating some group issues and maintenance details and told us we were on her pack's territory basically and that the alpha would kill her if the alpha found out. We were polite to her and such, and she kept hanging around with us and asking us to play tag with her and when we said we didn't really want to she'd get all emotional and tell us we weren't fun and that she'd leave and find fun people (of course she never left until we all got really sick of her and ran off). Also, in the middle of this I had to go check out something that was going on in another part of the map. She kept trying to follow me until I told her several times to stop. It was just kind of annoying and not really as stalker-ish as the first incident.

Anyways, I want to hear your stories! Have you ever met one of those really, really clingy players that you just couldn't shake? Tell me below!

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: Have you ever been stalked by someone in-game?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 12:20:29 am »
Once I was sitting being all lonely and stuff at the edge of the water in Fluorite and some dude and his friend came and slowly crawled towards me.. so I started crawling away.. so we just were crawling after each other for like 5 minutes until they gave up. I guess that counts as a stalker xD -not really but i guess-

other times I'm usually the stalker who casually sits on a rock staring at my friends or something

Offline angelatorchic

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • woopwoop
    • View Profile
    • F.E.N.N.E.C.'s Official Website
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 12:29:35 am »
XD Sometimes I f3 stalk my friends, and if it looks like they're doing something interesting then I go over and say hi in a very stalkerish way (randomly walking over and sitting on them and then waiting for them to say something)

But I've never seriously stalked someone before, thankfully. I wonder if anyone else here has been stalked?

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 12:37:24 am »
T'is moments like these when that beloved Block Button becomes the savior of the pixel world.

Vespian honestly hasn't been very much stalked before as far as I know. I'm not interestin' enough to be stalked since I just silently roam the public maps.

I actually scarcely come across stalkers much. Spies? Yes, they're everywhere but stalkers? Not so much. Chances are yer second example with a stalker was actually just a young user seekin' entertainment. Thus is why she did her best to peek yer interest (by callin' out that her Alpha was goin' to kill her if they found ye' on their territory, actin' IC I assume) and get ye' 'n yer comrades intrigued with her meager antics. Mayhaps she just sought friendship but didn't quite know how to act. I understand that ye' more than likely wished not to engage with her so I advise whenever users of the such cross yer path again, just block 'em instead of riskin' hurtin' them emotionally. Nobody will judge ye' if ye' do so for ye' have every right but things might escalate if the user becomes offended with bein' requested to go elsewhere. It also relinquishes ye' from the possible tension ye'd have to endure if ye' didn't block 'em beforehand.

Not too sure what to make with the first incident however. That does seem rather sinister and I too would have questioned it but as ye' have stated, mayhaps they just enjoyed yer role-plays?

Gettin' back to my experiences, I have witnessed a few times users "stalk" a certain friend of mine. Although really, stalkin' via the internet can, a majority of the time, be easily solved by blockin' and reportin' 'em to which I have instructed said friend to do so and the problem was more or less situated. Not many users go to the extreme as to make multiple accounts/change IP addresses 'n the like just to stalk someone here on FeralHeart and I pray none will grow that obsessed. That is stalkin' in my book.
gone

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 01:00:07 am »
Eh, I've never really been 'stalked'.
Though, I remember when I was introducing my friend to FeralHeart - we did some playful meandering, heh.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline Yognaught

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • ??
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 05:52:33 pm »
No, but I have to say I am a bit of a stalker. <.<

I'd normally sit around and f3 my friends when they're roleplaying or hanging out. This only happens when I'm really bored and just sitting around, doing something like map-making or w/e

Find me in-game as: mushyroom

Offline whitewolf223

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The casual observationist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 07:04:46 am »
I've ran into my fair share of these kinds of people. They're usually new players who want to make friends, or a mate beggar. I can only remember a few occasions with people just randomly following me. However, I can remember one strange one where someone copied my character exactly, following me around and even sitting right beside of me. He/she copied basically everything I did for a straight hour or so. It was actually quite entertaining.
Back again, let's see how long I stick around this time.

Offline Luna.

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • Fabulous B00ty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 03:25:21 pm »
Hm being stalked by someone? Yes I have been. I honestly don't know why they were 'stalking' me, probarely to talk or something..But where ever I went they were and usually whispered me. Weird. *Shrug* I dunno. LOL

Find me in game as Rava!
Username: luna.
Gift Art Created By: ~Shallow~
DA: Ravalava
Usually flopping about around Flourite Plains and Bonfire.

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 05:27:03 pm »
Every day by Alpha

Hurhur yes indeed I have been stalked a few times in game by people I do not know.
Usually I don't just run away or ignore them. Most commonly I'll say hello and ask them what's up.
But I do admit its a little creepy when I see someone following me.
It's almost never anything serious or worth blockin them for tho
I think I've only had to block someone once but -shrug- it happens.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 09:45:22 pm »
Hmm... I wonder... *slow head turning to Turtle*

Well, yeah. Mostly by my friends, but there's been a few times when some random floofs followed me around.
Nothing too creepy though, mostly just mate/pup/group beggars who made themselves look exactly like me and follow me around while buddy/group request spamming.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya