Author Topic: [SOLVED!] Crashing issues.  (Read 2774 times)

Offline Colors

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
[SOLVED!] Crashing issues.
« on: February 02, 2012, 07:02:58 pm »
So, I just started to get this problem. I have no idea of what's going on.
When I click on my desktop shortcut to open FH, before even showing up the KovuLKD Logo, I randomly crash. It opens a small window, saying 'FeralHeart.exe has stopped working'. Usually when that happens to me, I just stay off FH for some 30 minutes or so, or I turn my computer off and then turn it on again. It always worked, but this time, it's not working. I even tried to reinstall. Nada.
I heard that the Servers are down, but I don't think that's even related to the problems I'm having.
I'd really appreciate your help. c:
[/s]
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 06:28:36 pm by Leila »
Colors

The path to heavens runs through miles of clouded hell right to the top.

Offline heartsgirl99

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
    • View Profile
Re: Crashing issues.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 07:19:53 pm »
Try installing feralheart on another computer/laptop and see if that works. It works for me.
Signature by Green

Offline Colors

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 07:25:09 pm »
Try installing feralheart on another computer/laptop and see if that works. It works for me.

The only other computer I have is a laptop, which makes FeralHeart pretty laggy and slow. I can only play on this computer I'm using now, which is my 'Gamer Computer', as I call it.
Colors

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 07:33:33 pm »
Try changing your rendering system, manually.

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline Colors

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 07:41:25 pm »
Try changing your rendering system, manually.

Tried to a while ago. I tried changing via the 'OGRE Engine Rendering Setup' window that shows up when you open FH, but the only option available there is the OpenGL one, which I'm already using.
Colors

Offline myimyi

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 07:48:45 pm »
the same happens to me and i love love love feral heart! and i havent been on over a year because of this problem!!!!

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 08:12:46 pm »
Try this.

There's 2 ways you can change this setting.

How to fix it!
Either you start the game, go into the options menu, click the Video tab, and then change the rendering subsystem and restart the game.

Sometimes you aren't able to even enter the game, and all you can hear is the menu music, or it just crashes directly after launch. Those who experience this can enter the feralheart folder located in C:\FeralHeart at standard, find the file called "Ogre.cfg" and open it with wordpad.

This file works just as the ingame options menu, but instead of buttons and sliders, there's text.

What we're interested in is the top row

Set the top row text so it is just like in the picture with the text
Code: [Select]
Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem
Save the file, and close it. Next time you run the game it should boot with the new settings you applied.

Even though this solves the graphical problems for most, there's still some unlucky ferals out there that the problems still remain for, but there's still 1 more thing you can try, and that is to update your graphic card drivers.

A computer is hardware, and with time it gets old just like any other thing in this world. If you had your computer for a while, and never updated the drivers, this might be the cause for FeralHeart not to work correctly. Installing Drivers for your computer is like installing any other program that it might need, though knowing how to do this might be tricky, so check the tutorial on how to Here!

If you already tried this and it's not working, chances are that your computer is getting old and can't handle the game. Installing drivers might help, but you're still running the same hardware. Try the game on another computer instead.

End~[/left]

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline WolfgangtheHusky

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 08:29:05 pm »
My game works, however, sometimes it will just randomly crash with "Feral Heart.exe has stopped working"

:/

I delete particles and it works (when I have extra, un needed ones) but I am unsure why else it would be crashing. Is it a bug?
If you wish to contact me please seek my Deviant Art account~ WolfgangtheHusky.

Offline Colors

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 12:12:53 am »
Try this.

There's 2 ways you can change this setting.

How to fix it!
Either you start the game, go into the options menu, click the Video tab, and then change the rendering subsystem and restart the game.

Sometimes you aren't able to even enter the game, and all you can hear is the menu music, or it just crashes directly after launch. Those who experience this can enter the feralheart folder located in C:\FeralHeart at standard, find the file called "Ogre.cfg" and open it with wordpad.

This file works just as the ingame options menu, but instead of buttons and sliders, there's text.

What we're interested in is the top row

Set the top row text so it is just like in the picture with the text
Code: [Select]
Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem
Save the file, and close it. Next time you run the game it should boot with the new settings you applied.

Even though this solves the graphical problems for most, there's still some unlucky ferals out there that the problems still remain for, but there's still 1 more thing you can try, and that is to update your graphic card drivers.

A computer is hardware, and with time it gets old just like any other thing in this world. If you had your computer for a while, and never updated the drivers, this might be the cause for FeralHeart not to work correctly. Installing Drivers for your computer is like installing any other program that it might need, though knowing how to do this might be tricky, so check the tutorial on how to Here!

If you already tried this and it's not working, chances are that your computer is getting old and can't handle the game. Installing drivers might help, but you're still running the same hardware. Try the game on another computer instead.

End~[/left]

I did and changed the rendering subsystem, but I'm still crashing. So, maybe is the Driver. I tried to update it, but I just get stuck on the 'Installing' screen on the Intel website.
But, if is the Driver, how the heck can from one day to another give me so many problems? I was playing on FH normaly last night.
Thanks for all the help untill now, though.
Colors

Offline Colors

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 12:35:00 am »
Okay, forget my last post, I was able to get off the loading screen, but it says that my Driver is already up to date, but I'm still crashing. Any more suggestions?
Colors