Author Topic: Brainstorming help: FH comedy group  (Read 3577 times)

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
Brainstorming help: FH comedy group
« on: December 31, 2016, 12:39:28 am »
So, I have been thinking about having a sitcom style RP in FH, and maybe even record it. I had to think about what situation would be funniest to exaggerate for a theme, and then I realized: just make FH itself the theme. I was thinking some of the characters could be:

Sparkle le Sparkle: I think the name gives away what this character is a satire of. Bright, clashing colors, hyperactive, non-serious personality, uses the OMG face the entire time, and anything else the person playing such a character could think of that goes with the theme.

Brutus: Based off of bad godmodders. A pup that is annoying (in a funny way) because he keeps thinking he can take on anything and kill it with one shot, often without reason or consideration for size or experience. Most characters usually respond to his attacks with "Hi Sparky." I would reserve this character for a skilled comedian, however, because such a character could easily just become annoying, as the real versions are.

Demon of Evilness: Stereotypical demon RPer. Tries to be edgy with a good heart, but ends up not being too different from all the other characters.

I don't have ideas for names for the following, but here were a few other ideas I had:

Stereotypical hyper-serious player. Calls out how everything is unrealistic. Best name suggestion I have heard so far: Mr. Wolfspeak.

TLK RPer. To be honest, I don't know the stereotypes floating around about them. I think TLK RPers are a significant enough part of the community to be part of the parody though, so I would be counting on commenters here and the people doing the satire to generate ideas regarding how to exaggerate the tendencies in this community (or their reputation) in a way that would be funny for everyone. Best name suggestion I have heard so far: Official TLK.

If we could get this going regularly, maybe a bunch of guest characters would be awesome.

The trick would be finding people that can make this funny without being offensive. I mean, people are always going to find something to be offended over even outside of humor, but keep it within reason. As in, not Family Guy post-2010.

If things go really well, maybe we could get someone to stream it to Twitch, and/or upload to YouTube.

Thoughts? Volunteers? Ideas? I welcome whatever feedback people have. Just an idea that's been swimming around in my mind for a while.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 03:09:04 pm by starkwolf »
Been away for a while. When I come back, I have an ambitious RP in mind. PM me if interested.

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Brainstorming help: FH comedy group
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 12:47:55 am »
This sounds like the best idea EVER! I would totally volunteer if it gets going! I'm not so much for ideas, but if I happen to get any, I'll let you know! 8D

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 12:52:18 am »
I might volunteer.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 12:58:26 am »
This sounds like so much fun!! :D The TLK rper could be named like.. TLK Official (because in bonfire you always had Simba Official, Scar Official, etc.)

The person who takes things too seriously could be "Mr. Wolfspeak" lolol I'd love to guest sometime as...something. I'd find much enjoyment if this were a thing<3

You are amazing <3

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 02:10:27 am »
This sounds like a wonderful idea! I'm not sure if I'd be able to regularly help out but if you're ever short on anything feel free to approach me every once in a while c:
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 04:43:48 am »
This definitely seems like something worth checking out. I hope you're able to find enough people!
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline TwistedSorrowzz

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • The one and only Pongo
    • RonnoBoy
    • Faline
    • TheBlairWiitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 09:05:29 am »
This sounds like a great idea; I'd be willing to volunteer.
On leave.
Information Regarding Wirhonte
http://i.imgur.com/Sm35ntA.png

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2016, 09:46:57 am »
Woah, this is a really unique idea! I could probably volunteer sometime if you need any volunteers c:

Good luck with this! I'm really interested to see how this works out.

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 03:06:54 pm »
This sounds like so much fun!! :D The TLK rper could be named like.. TLK Official (because in bonfire you always had Simba Official, Scar Official, etc.)

The person who takes things too seriously could be "Mr. Wolfspeak" lolol I'd love to guest sometime as...something. I'd find much enjoyment if this were a thing<3
I like those ideas, especially Mr. Wolfspeak!

Maybe I could just make another thread in this same subforum, or maybe just use this thread? Idk, what do people think?

And in regards to volunteers, glad to see so many that are willing! While I love the idea, I'm not really that funny myself. I will see if I can find a place (probably on these forums, but maybe something like Discord if people want) for the volunteers to get together and discuss times to meet.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 03:12:13 pm by starkwolf »
Been away for a while. When I come back, I have an ambitious RP in mind. PM me if interested.

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • I might return soon? I dunno
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2016, 05:46:21 pm »
Ooooh, I'd love to see something like this!
Oh jeez, uh, I haven't been online in forever. I joined in 2012 lmao, back in the old maps, forgive me for not knowing my way around.
My in-game username is FirecrackerTNT (previously known as amythealpha), but can also be found on lpslover. I used to also be found on the account Amythenightwatch, but I think the account was deleted??? oops lmao