Author Topic: THEFT: Keep an eye out for whoever may have done this, please!  (Read 3264 times)

Offline Motoko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Augen auf- Ich komme!
    • View Profile
THEFT: Keep an eye out for whoever may have done this, please!
« on: September 24, 2012, 04:35:12 am »
I recently found that someone was trying to steal a personal character of mine and post him on forums/sites/etc.
I'm honestly quite offended at this and this person also copied my forum signature from this forum which makes me believe they may be here as well, so I want someone to keep an eye out for ANYONE other than MOTOKO or MUTACLONE using the characters with the aforementioned names.
If anyone else is using these names- which are personal to me and have been in use for almost over ten years now, someone is to contact me IMMEDIATELY. I don't tolerate theft at all, and I want to find who is doing this and hope they stop. This is the second time someone has tried to steal a character of mine, personality and all. PLEASE if you see someone doing this, tell them to contact me. This originally started on the Sordid Secrets forum, and moderators took down ALL their profiles, but the way they copied EVERYTHING makes it seem like they've been stalking around for a LONG time. To be honest, I'm a tad bit creeped out. I only wish to point out that stealing someone's intellectual property is wrong, and to report them to an administrator if anything. If someone else is using this character on a forum, and you think it may be an impersonator, please note me at http://mutaclone.deviantart.com
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 04:37:43 am by Motoko »
Caught quicksand grip
Pull me in
Whisper faith in sickness

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
Re: THEFT: Keep an eye out for whoever may have done this, please!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 07:46:18 am »
You cant claim names for yourself on FH, so this is useless.
Mutaclone is a description or name of Ecco the Dolphin Game, Defender of the Future. So its not even your own created word, along with the japanese word/name motoko.

There is no way you can forbid other to use these names but of course you can do that with art you have drawn yourself.
But since FH does not support or accept that users claim designs on characters that have been made with usual marking, or name claiming.

I am sorry but this will be closed now, and after you got time to read this reply, the thread will be removed.

PS.: Dont think i am rude, i do know how it feels that someone uses "your" name or character in design. Its upsetting but nothing can be done about this.

However. If someone is trying to do what they have done on the other forum, they will be most likely banned.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 08:13:18 am by Tigg »