Author Topic: Do I Still Need To Credit This  (Read 1444 times)

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
Do I Still Need To Credit This
« on: October 07, 2013, 02:18:34 am »
Just a quick question, I don't think it fits in the help forums.
I have a species based of Bionical but I changed it so much the only thing the same is the tall and the name.  Would I still need to say I based it off them or just say it is my own species?

My Species

What They Are Based Off Of.
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
Re: Do I Still Need To Credit This
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 02:30:07 am »
Well, for one, these are certainly very different creatures than the LEGO line of Bionicle toys. xD

On one hand, it wouldn't matter quite as much unless you were making money off of this species-- which you aren't (I don't think).

On the other hand, if you're still concerned, you could do one of two things:
1.) Change the species name-- just the tail itself is nothing to worry about. Or
2.) Simply post in the species thread, "These guys were inspired by Bionicle," perhaps also giving a link to the Bionicle site, that way you're still giving the nod to the creatures that inspired them.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
Re: Do I Still Need To Credit This
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 03:11:51 am »
Honestly im having a hard time seeing slight similarities from them both to be credited to that. I mean its a animal and the lower picture is a Bionical. Usually when you are making a profit on something you made and it has about 40-50% of another persons idea then its best to credit. But since this is a non profit kinda thing I don't see any wrong doing since what you are going to credit is Bionicals. Im sure when people see it they would know who influenced ya.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358