Author Topic: Preset Rant  (Read 3311 times)

Offline forks

• tiny silverware enthusiast
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • icon by reudiart
    • soupforks
    • View Profile
Preset Rant
« on: August 30, 2014, 09:04:06 pm »
FIRST OF ALL, BY ALL MEANS I AM NOT TRYING TO INSULT ANYONE
So. Sometimes someone will request a preset. But you can make it in the original FH creator or with MM. I mean, is it worth asking for a preset that you can make originally? I don't think so. Why request something that will take up someone's time for something that you can have without using their time? Why not request something you cant make in game? Doesn't it defeat the purpose? I mean, unless you want a different texture or something, but really?
I do not mean to insult a single soul at all. This is just how I feel.

signature by g0thic_vibes1

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
Re: Preset Rant
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 10:34:48 pm »
I do see you point here, also I need to point out that for now you are not allowed to use some in-game markings in your own presets:
Markings not allowed to be used for presets

This rule is only for the markings that Nala_91 has created though.

Usually when you want a preset it's because you want something original - that no one else has.
Then again I understand that some might like the character they have created with the FH character creator, and then only want to add a few personal things that can only be made by a preset.

But as I said, I do see your point Echoz.

Offline forks

• Finest Floof
  • icon by reudiart
    • soupforks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 11:08:33 pm »
Oh yeah I see you're point, Shally, EX, if someone wanted a snow leopard with a metallic tail tip and glowing spots that would be fine, as long as you didn't completely copy the FH markings. But if they wanted just a plain snow leopard it would be riddiculous because there are already S. Leopard markings. Yeah, I see what ya mean. Or, say someone wanted a snow leopard preset but a different detail to the spots or whatnot. Yeah, they could make markings, too, but doing a preset would be fine, methinks.

Offline Sherlockian

• Yes, it means I'm bread
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • Lynxy nuzzles <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 12:22:33 pm »
I hope I can rectify a different view on this considering I've done this in the past a few times. :]
Although I never request users to make these sort of presets for me, when I make these, it's usually because I want other users to see my character the same way that I see it. It's no superstition that around 50% (if not more) users have modded their game, so they might have different fur textures, eye textures, shading mods etc. and to me, one very pretty character in the default FH textures can look very.. different and potentially 'ugly' in another fur texture. For example if you have a very detailed fur texture mod on a character with subtle lighter markings, then most likely the detailed and heavy fur texture will make it so that's it's very hard to see the markings whereas if you were using something like the default FH fur texture, then it'd be easier to see. Hope that makes sense. X3
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 12:29:42 pm by Sherlockian »
Please, feel free to call me Genny. x)

Offline forks

• Finest Floof
  • icon by reudiart
    • soupforks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 12:28:03 pm »
Oh mhm I think I see what you're saying. I wouldn't like it if Hermione's markings/features didn't show up well. Yeah, I see.

Offline anahel

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • the matrix has you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 10:05:16 pm »
I do this. All my used-more-than-once characters have presets, even if I could easily make them with markings. I simply prefer to have them be one-of-a-kind. I make my own presets for the most part, though, so it's not like I get anyone else to do them.

returning 2011 player on a new account. just trying to remember how it all works c:
avi from here

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2015, 10:51:50 pm »
Please don't bump/bring back old threads/rants. This was made a year ago.

Thank you.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone