Author Topic: activation email not working?  (Read 1881 times)

Offline Karouselle

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
activation email not working?
« on: November 23, 2012, 09:17:59 pm »
I clicked the activation email and it won't work. I made the account for a friend this morning while the registration was open. however when I went to activate the email it said it was not working. Is there any way for you to resend the activation to the email so that she can play? I need a response asap please :3

JackobLoveu

Re: activation email not working?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 09:21:59 pm »
Do you mean in your profile? If yes, You forgot to put your password for that. ;)

Offline Karouselle

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 09:28:42 pm »
you've confused me. I had the email sent, i clicked the link, it didn't work. it says error 403.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 09:40:31 pm »
The 403 error occurs for numerous reasons. Basically all that's happening is that the server refuses to respond to a request although your request is valid and correct and understood by the server. The server just will not accept your request for some reason. Sometime it's a server issue but sometimes its also caused by a possible malware program that is attempting to sneak it's way into the directory structure of sites you commonly visit. If you just can't get on no matter what you do and it's the case of malaware you will have to run an anti virus on your computer but usually it's just the server. Simply consider changing your address at top to ex: http://feral-heart.com/index.html. by just adding the ""/index.html" at the end of whatever the website is. If that does not work another reason for this message could be that your IP is blacklisted. If that is the case you'll either have to get a new one or contact one of the admins about it.
As quoted by Red if you are blacklisted:

Different IPs get blacklisted for a reason, as mentioned earlier, it could have been something like the SMF database have seen your IP been put on the blacklist somewhere else, and it moved on here since we use SMF.

Some internet providers give out the same ips on different instances, for example, if you are at a college network, they sometimes have 1 single IP for a wider area in the college that more than 1 person use. Some towns or houses use the same connections at times, depending on the internet provider.

If refreshing doesn't help nor anything listed above, best bet is probably to contact an admin. I'm sure they can give you more advice on it and how to fix it. Sorry I can't explain this better. It's late here and I'm working from mobile D;.
Use this link to contact any one of the staff via private message:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=28&Itemid=52

You are amazing <3

JackobLoveu

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 04:46:54 am »
you've confused me. I had the email sent, i clicked the link, it didn't work. it says error 403.
Omg -_- sorry

Offline Sarogon

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 04:58:03 am »

This server derp is one I had to deal with, I just kept trying until it accepted me.
Of course maybe asking a admin or one of the mods for help maybe the best option if it still wont let you through.

Need only call and I shall answer
In-game: Sarogon