Author Topic: email issue  (Read 860 times)

Offline damiian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
email issue
« on: May 07, 2014, 07:44:37 pm »
a friend of mine changed there email to a mail.com email, they was told to click the re-activation email that never came, so they clicked the "need a new activation email" thing and it said a new one had been sent but they still currently have nothing, they have checked there spam and everything and found nothing
they've multiple times clicked to re-send a new verification to reactivate it for a while and had nothing
we was wondering if anybody could help?
or if there was any other way to get it re-activated on the new email or do another one to change it? (since they cannot get in-game or on the site with the account now...)
Its so so so so SO SO RARE i ever log into the game i am always found around the forums usually at my inbox or the help forums.
My username in game is rink if you find another user using rink it is a fake.
If you  cannot get a hold of me on here you can find me on the IT server dragons den as rink or deviantart as AlphaRink

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: email issue
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 08:06:31 pm »
Movin' this to the Site + Forum Help board.

If what I've read was correct, yer friend is tryin' to set up their new e-mail to their account but it is askin' for a re-registration. Therefore, the transaction is givin' said friend some problems in spite of their multiple attempts. Am I correct?
If so, then tell yer friend to send a message to this e-mail account: [email protected]
Make sure they provide their username and ask for it to be activated.
gone

Offline damiian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 08:26:23 pm »
they have done that a while ago and got the reply of that it would be activated (they sent it from the email they changed it too (the new one), because there old one was an email they didnt own because a friend hacked them to edit the email, but gave them it back), but though they had the reply they still cannot access there account
Its so so so so SO SO RARE i ever log into the game i am always found around the forums usually at my inbox or the help forums.
My username in game is rink if you find another user using rink it is a fake.
If you  cannot get a hold of me on here you can find me on the IT server dragons den as rink or deviantart as AlphaRink

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 08:48:29 pm »
That's not good to hear..
Try messagin' a staff member: >>Click here!<<
Perhaps one of them can take a peek into the user database and see what's up. Although if push comes to shove, yer friend may have to get a new account and next time, it'd be very wise of them not to share their account information whatever it may be (other than somethin' already public like the username).
gone

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 07:56:26 am »
The activation email sends out replies whether it's done correctly or not, that's how it's set up. We could send out a message from a random mail never used for FeralHeart and the activation email address would still reply back with an email saying the same thing regarding activation.

A very important detail to point out is that an email address can only be used for one account, and one account only. If the old email is not removed properly from a previous account I believe that can cause issues in some way.

Another thing is also that your email can be edited in two fields on FH, the forum profile itself that will be just for the forum, but also within the "User panel" by logging into the box next to the banner. The banner login is what contains and decide which email that is actually linked to the IN-GAME account, and is also what the [email protected] goes on when activating account.

I'm rather certain that the issues you're having has something to do with using emails not belonging to them and issues along with just that. They didn't most likely change the actual game accounts email, just the forum profile which is not used for this. Cause to make this very simple.

Account pending activation on a certain email>Send email to feralheart activation mail address>Done

If you/they're still unable to activate properly after correcting anything that might've been off by reading this, I'm afraid there's not much that can be done since this is how the activation works, I'd suggest making a new account when possible in that case, and as always, it's never a good idea to create accounts for others or share login information, especially if you barely know each other.

Hope this helped in some way.
Former community manager of FeralHeart