Author Topic: Can't download..  (Read 2738 times)

AlphaEclipse

Re: Can't download..
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2015, 01:54:47 am »
Thank you. So, do I just keep clicking skip ad and proceed to download?
Yep! Do just that and you should be able to download the game easily from this site.

Offline Allari101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • little-kitteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 04:42:47 pm »
Thank you. So, do I just keep clicking skip ad and proceed to download?

Yes, just keep doing it. If you need a true guide, I made one myself for a friend. If you'd like to see it, here: http://huskeh-h.deviantart.com/art/How-To-Download-FH-Tutorial-for-Icy-514388224

It's nothing official; just something to help you get by. c:

(Note: Everything here on FH sends you to Adf.ly. I don't know why; just click "Skip Ad" when the timer runs out.

In-game user is Allari101

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 07:16:29 pm »
(Note: Everything here on FH sends you to Adf.ly. I don't know why; just click "Skip Ad" when the timer runs out.

That must be because Raz wants money to keep running the server. know it's a bit shady but with adf.ly and ads, you help him running the server. If it didn't have adf.ly, FH would probably be dead by now lol

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline Allari101

• Experienced Traveler
    • little-kitteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 08:18:13 pm »
Ohh right. I wondered how this worked; it's a totally non-profit game!

Offline TheProttyNumbers

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • hi you can find me in-game as TheProttyNumbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2015, 03:26:18 am »
FH does not contain any viruses, therefore it is a clean site. And as you were asking, yes you do proceed to download the game. Here are some steps cx

Step 1. Click Download (if you are using Windows) once it sends you to adfly, skip the ad in the Top-Right hand corner.
Step 2. It will take you back to FeralHeart.com and click 'Proceed Download'
Step 3. It will take you back to adfly, so click SKIP AD in the top right had corner again at least 5 times. And then your download should be ready.
 If you suspect you have a virus, check any of your programs that detect viruses.
 Have fun playing Floof~

Offline Allari101

• Experienced Traveler
    • little-kitteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2015, 02:33:52 pm »
And Ad on to Febrifacient's statement:

Yes, FH is entirely clean. I think what you did was either downloaded it off of adf.ly or another pop-up. On my Windows 8.1 laptop, it pops up on the bottom when you start a download: "Download ___ from ___?" If you don't get "download feralheart.exe from feral-heart.com", don't download! I you want to stay safe, try getting a protection program such at Norton 360 or Macafee. (I use Norton 360 and I recommend it from Symantec. I don't know why everyone says it sucks; it's protected me on 2 computers for like 4 years without a single issue.)

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 08:00:09 pm »
Norton has many false positives I believe. And many other things.

Either way, use Avira or, even better, Kaspersky. Also Bitdefender, etc., just choose any except Norton and McAffee. Both those have caused problems. :\

Only choose one antivirus though! You can have 2 or 3 installed, as long as one is deactivated and the other is active. If both antivirus are on it may cause problems with the PC. As an additional layer of protection, get MalwareBytes. It's 100% safe as long as you download it from the official website.

Oh, and don't forget uBlock & NoScript, if you have Firefox that is. If you use Chrome, you can use NoScript as well, but if only uBlock was compatible with Chrome... (chromium is the open source program of chrome btw, chrome was based on that, it won't work with chrome)

This went from a download problem to an antivirus thread, but whatever. :P

In-game name as: Whinp