Author Topic: Siggy image sizing?  (Read 1281 times)

Offline Allari101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • little-kitteness
    • View Profile
Siggy image sizing?
« on: March 21, 2015, 10:54:47 pm »
What's the best size for a signature image, and where should I get it from, my PC or deviantART?

In-game user is Allari101

DreamerDay

Re: Siggy image sizing?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 10:56:22 pm »
It doesnt matter. If you find a picture to big for signature, then don't worry. The signature would resize it by itself.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 11:16:47 pm »
For size, a common misconception is automatic resizing to exactly what will look perfect. The image does resize automatically when placed into your signature, however for images that are supposed to be lengthy and expand to take up the entire signature box you may need to resize it using this code:
Code: [Select]
[img width=NUMBERHEREex:400 height=NUMBERHEREex:250]That code can be used in signature boxes and anywhere else on the forum.

The same goes for images that you want to be small but end up enlarging. Depending on how you want your signature to appear, it may take a little toying with to perfect.

You could use DeviantART and upload all of your signatures/avatars for quick and easy access, but sites such as Photobucket.com and Tinypic.com are also popular on this site, and since the second site contains the image's URL already in BBCode format.

A side note: If you want the best quality image (for avatars), do not upload your image directly from your computer to the site. The image will become heavily pixelated and illegible.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 11:35:43 pm by AlphaEclipse »

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 11:44:01 pm »
750x250 is the max size for the forum, so if you want the biggest one possible in this forwith highest quality possible, that's the size you want to aim for.

As mentioned above however, all signature pictures will be re-sized when added not to go outside these restrictions.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Allari101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • little-kitteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 12:28:53 am »
Yeah, but my current image re-sized itself and it doesn't look too well.

Thanks Alpha and Red, I'll use those.

I guess you can lock..?

In-game user is Allari101

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 12:36:14 am »
That happens sometimes; make sure you ply around with the sizes to your preference. Good luck. If you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'm sure someone will swoop down and lock this shortly.