Author Topic: RESOLVED  (Read 1968 times)

Offline Allari101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • little-kitteness
    • View Profile
RESOLVED
« on: July 19, 2015, 04:47:01 am »
Does anyone know any good anti-virus programs? I'm not having any issues with the game, it's just my laptop no longer has Norton do to internal errors, and I need a new one. Since everyone keeps discussing them on here for the game, I decided someone would come up with something good to use.

Preferably a cheaper system that's not Norton or MacAfee, and works good with laptops. (My screen froze and started flashing. Turns out it's Norton's fault.) So I need something that won't do that..?

Thanks. Sorry that it doesn't match what the forum's for; I have no where else to ask.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 05:46:29 am by Huskeh »

In-game user is Allari101

AlphaEclipse

Re: Good anti-virus program?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 05:45:12 am »
Hello, Huskeh! Some of my antivirus recommendations would include Avast, Trend Micro, Kaspersky, and Bitdefender. Be sure to check the system requirements to see if a certain program will run on your computer.

Along with a running antivirus program, it's a wise idea to have a anti-malware program for anything your antivirus misses. A very popular, reliable program is MalwareBytes. They do have a free version, however they also offer a premium version.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 05:49:19 am by AlphaEclipse »

Offline FizzyPaws

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I'm too obsessed with Telephone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 01:11:44 pm »
Heh, I was going to suggest MalwareBytes as well, although I don't use it myself, (and my home computers can't even get viruses, because I'm running a Chromebook, but my dad's runs Norton) but I know some people who do, and works fine for them!

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 04:02:44 pm »
A few of my recommendations are Kaspersky and Webroot, but the anti-malware program, MalwareBytes (as mentioned above) has a history of doing well, also. I'm not exactly sure how much each program costs, but before you consider downloading one, make sure they will run on your computer. Good luck finding a program that works for you. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 10:54:09 pm »
Avast! + Malwarebytes does really well for me

Offline Myzig

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
    • Dawn of Eternity
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 08:40:23 pm »
If you want something free that doesn't impact performance and try to get you to buy something:
If you're using Vista/Win7 just get Microsoft Security Essentials, it's entirely free and does a good enough job.
If you're on Win8 just enable Windows Defender, it's good enough.

If you want something free that does a better job than Windows:
Free editions of Avast or AVG

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 08:27:27 pm »
My recommendation is Kaspersky, and it is the one I use. If you want to run it, you need to buy its CD. It stays active on your computer for a whole year so when it has expired you can renew it. :) It scans everything on your computer, including your USB that you plug in. It blocks any viruses immediately but usually you are notified to update some stuff.

Offline Allari101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • little-kitteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 05:46:03 am »
Thanks everyone, I've ended up with just installing Windows Defender.
Mods may now lock, thanks again~!

In-game user is Allari101