Poll

Would you still play it?

Yes
49 (94.2%)
No
3 (5.8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: What If Series: Feral Heart was a survival based game?  (Read 6838 times)

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
What If Series: Feral Heart was a survival based game?
« on: July 08, 2014, 07:17:19 pm »
As the title states. What if Feral Heart was a survival game?

Here is a discussion just for a little fun and imagination. Imagine if you had to create your character and start as either a pup or cub each time you created a new character. You could not simply start a game as an adult but rather you had to develop your character's skills to grow. Imagine if everyone in game could be your potential enemy and had the ability to kill you, even the environment itself. Perhaps you'd fall and break a limb or contract a disease. Maybe the prey you were chasing could injure or even kill you. Perhaps the lack of food would weaken you until you eventually die of starvation. Or maybe out of desperation you ate something that was poisonous or toxic. Basically the game would be a free for all.

What if you had the choice to group with friends to form prides or packs to boast your ability to defend, hunt, and survive? Or maybe you could be a loner hiding and fighting in the shadows to survive. Who would you be? What species would you side with?

What if territory claiming became a key aspect for survival? Perhaps some territories have better hiding places and or food supplies and it's worth you fighting for.

Perhaps as your character ages they would gain more experience and the more victories they had the more powerful they would become and the better advantage you'd have at survival. But as your character ages you grow closer to a natural death. How would you feel if your character died and you'd have to start over again? Perhaps if there was an ability to have and play as your own offspring you'd be able to pass on some experience to them and therefore if you main character died you could simply switch to your own offspring and continue from there.

How long would you survive?

Though I can imagine the chaos that would start from people going on killing sprees etc I want to hear all your thoughts on this xD Maybe other ideas or just stuff you want to share about this. Would you keep playing? How would this effect rping etc?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 07:25:25 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
Re: What If Series: Feral Heart was a survival based game?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 07:28:17 pm »

Ohh that would be so cool.
I wouldn't mind if my charrie would start as a pup because, you don't born already as an adult right? It would give more realism.

Welp I think I would be a pack in a charrie and a loner in another. To see what's new and etc. Since FH is more realism-based game I think this would work well.

If territory claiming would be possible... There are some pros and cons. Of course there are more pros than cons but one of the cons is probably not being able to walk at all ingame due to the territory claiming lol.

And with the charries' death... I would be sad, very sad. Because, let's say, I would've spent so many months with this charrie and I would develop an emotional bond with it. (I know it's a fictional charrie but still, I think most of you would have one). Yes I can restart the entire game as another charrie but I think it would be the same as the first charrie... :( Unless I start the 2nd time as a loner.

But overall I think FH would be more interesting. Realistic battles? Realistic hunting? Realistic death? YEPPPP.

What if people from the community made an fan-made version of FH with all those things?

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 07:35:14 pm »
I'd actually be more interested in playing. Maybe it could almost be like Minecraft, there would be large maps and you would have to make your own base somewhere by finding a den or digging underground or something.

I'd probably team up with some friends, and then most likely we'd go and fight other players for territory.

But if you had offspring then you would most likely have to find a mate. (Like, if the game made you find a mate and then do some stuff to confirm that, then the game would bring up a screen letting you make some pups.) I'd feel way too awkward just asking some of my close friends to be mates and have pups.. XD

It would just be so terrible though, since there would be people attacking you and trying to take over your territory and then there's people saying that the entire map is their territory and yeah...

Still would play.

Offline Vask

• #2FAB4U
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • Chaotic Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 08:11:09 pm »
Oooo I never thought of an idea like that!

I think it would be pretty amazing especially with all the new possibilities involved. Anything and everything could potentially kill you, and you would have to get some survival instincts. Imagine that dangerous wild animals, BIGGER than you and more deadly than you lurked at night. You'd need to find shelter at night, fight for your life, or run. What if there were no map portals? After a specific amount of running, it would seep into a new region? You could hunt for fish in the forest, get snow foxes in the arctic, etc. That would really be incredible. What if you could assign people ranks? Like when they join your pack a little thing pops up with all the ranks. You drag their username to the rank you want then to be in. Then when you double click on them it shows their like Survival Level, Days Alive, Username, Character Name, and Rank. If you weren't in a pack it would just say your rank as loner.

Personally I think I'd have several characters. Amg what if Expectant Mothers could sign up to get a pup. When someone makes a character, and has to enter as a pup, they can choose a from a list of usernames that are expectant mothers. If nobody picks that mothers username by the time the pregnant stage is up, they'd have an NPC pup, who they could play as once their old character dies. If you enter as a pup, but want to be a loner you can just like click a button that says 'Loner' on it while looking at a list of mothers. Then you'd enter as a sort of abandoned pup. *SOMANYIDEAS*

Lol but I definitely think it would bring much more unity with packs/prides since they rely on each other to survive. Id probably have two wolves and two lions. It would be such a cool game omg.

Obviously killing sprees would be an issue, but I imagine you could just ignore that person and then you'd no longer see them, and they'd no longer effect you. Territory claiming would also be an issue. But maybe There would be like a map tab that had different territories to choose from and only pack Alphas can pick territories, and their pack must have more than like two. If the territory is taken it would just be greyed out on the map and say 'Talen'. But if the pack is inactive for say...more than 48 hours then the territory would be open again for whoever wants it, and the pack would no longer have that territory.

HNNNGGGG I'm too obsessed with this idea *calms myself*
I'm fine.

Offline 101wolfgirl

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Feel free to ask me to RP with you :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 08:33:28 pm »
I love the Idea! But sadly knowing some members of feral heart. They might start fighting (OOC) with each other.
And I'm sure I would most likely die within a few hours xD
Vidurnakti was here!

wolfdog01

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 08:35:17 pm »
Huuurmmmm.....it sounds like a awesome idea but a lot of things worry me since I am paranoid when it comes to the perfection of my chars. Staring out as a cub/pup would be pretty cool but I would like them to grow up to be what they look like now...and then sadly die of old age ;~;
Plus I would hope you could choose the accurate height of the char, like Thyme. She's 8 feet tall, if I used the default setting she may be shorter than a bear or something that is eight feet tall and it would bug me a lot. PLUS she is a demon so I would like to let her have powers but that may be asking too much. >.<
It sounds good though! Would I still play the game? Idk, depending on how the growth process went along I might if it goes as planned.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 08:37:06 pm by ~Thyme~ »

Offline DevXVI

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • These memories won't fade
    • EventineXVI
    • DevXVI
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 08:46:24 pm »
That would be so interesting and unique. :o

It's sounds like it could be a cool add-on, like an option, but it would be quite interesting to indulge yourself into a fantasy world of survival.

I like this idea alot.

Signature by HellVix

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 08:49:04 pm »
Now that I think about it, this would be extremely fun!
I'd be a feline, for sure.  I always seem to side with them because I feel like they're on the more powerful side compared to canines.
Mostly just because they are bigger in size and such~
If territory became a main aspect of survival then that would make things a lot harder for rogues/loners
but also a lot more interesting at the same time.
I'm not sure how long I would survive to be honest.
Most of my characters have good surviving skills but if I were to actually put them to the test..
Eh, well It would be very interesting to see how it would all play out.
If only this were a real game.. ;3;

Offline Furry-Heart

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 12:05:19 am »
If would be interesting, but it just wouldn't be the same. I used to play wolfQuest but I got bored, so I probably wouldn't still play it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 12:07:58 am by Furry-Heart »

Offline TouchOfMadness

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • "Tommi"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 03:28:43 am »
Chaos? Constant battle and bloodshed? Count me in! :D Yes, I could see this being a very engaging, exciting game. I would definitely still play it, especially for the battling and rivalries. AND, if you could only fight and kill other characters with a set menu and amount of combat moves, it would also get rid of powerplaying! And now I'm thinking of the possibilities if you still had the option of creating winged characters. I'm imagining a region filled with towering mountains, with numerous caves and hollows in cliffs for them to inhabit. And what airborne adversaries would hunt them? Rocs? Dragons? I could envision it all so clearly. So many ideas...TOO MANY!
It's been three freakin' years and I have no idea what I'm doing.