Author Topic: Overreactions?  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
Overreactions?
« on: August 18, 2014, 04:20:07 am »
So, I've been hanging around StoneBridge more often, especially at later times (since no-one's really on, I don't have to worry about lagging too much), and every night I - more often than not - run into different members, obviously. We sometimes discuss things, though there's almost always an overreaction towards me. Well, not as much as it is me, but rather my opinions and/or facts. I'm not pointing out specific members (for two reasons), but I always feel slightly pushed around whenever they do this.
Now, they could be younger than me as they might not understand what I was trying to say, but if they were, they could've re-read what I was trying to say (as I often try to explain myself when explaining something, due to obvious reasons) and maybe come at a level-understanding. But, instead, they bash what I say and use caps lock against me. In real life, whenever I get this reaction via online, I normally laugh it off, especially since it doesn't happen to me often. But now, I used my personal opinion and experience behind a reasoning, and was hurtfully bashed - I don't often express my opinion unless I feel the need to, so yes, this hurt me more than it probably should've.
I was called a "moron" and that I didn't "know anything about the topic", but once I blocked them, I was told that I offended them - told from a friend of their's via Whisper. Now, their friend was calm and I was perfectly fine with them talking to me, what I wasn't fine with was their friend bashing me. I scoffed at their answer, but then said, "Can you please tell them to calm down, it was only my opinion." I was then blocked by their friend.
-Sigh- I don't even know what I did to even deserve to get blocked; I only wanted the possible younger to calm down! Instead, I had a person on my blocked list and was put on someone else's.
-Wolfie

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
Re: Overreactions?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 04:35:48 am »
Honestly I see that as very immature, and rude of them to do. People have done the same to me before as well, but I tend to let them throw their hissy fits. I am not much for people who act that way, but there is nothing we can really do though when it comes to people like that. Just let them be, and have their moments.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 04:42:20 am »
I was going to explain myself to them, though I was blocked for "offending" their friend. It is very, very immature, I agree. I didn't want them running around, calling me names and/or bashing me in public though, which is one reason why I felt the need to block. Hissy fits may be horribly hissy, though I felt embarrassed. uwu
-Wolfie

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 04:49:26 am »
I would understand that feeling.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 05:01:19 am »
As said before, that was very immature of them. People shouldn't criticize you for your opinions like that and throw a huge fit (unless, of course, you were being rude). Hearing your point of view of things you seem like a calm person who's mature and doesn't lose their temper easily. In my personal opinion, I think you handled the situation in the best possible way; you didn't let the argument escalate, instead you blocked the person and tried to move on. (Unfortunately the person's friend also got dragged into it.) If this continues to happen to you I think you should be extra careful in what you say and if they get offended try to reason with them. If they still caps rage and continue to throw a tantrum, then block them and be done with them
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 05:08:39 am »
I normally do try to control myself, and often go quiet if I don't need to say anything. Thank you for the advice, too, I very much appreciate it.
-Wolfie

Offline Codaxunion

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Tralalaa
    • Queen-Zafira
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 11:49:50 pm »
Those my dear friend are what I like to call, "MY way or the high way" people. Don't give them what they want and they act like that.

Offline SnappleApple

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • An inkling irl
    • SnappleZeApple
    • cherry-gore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 11:56:09 pm »
Yes, people can be like that. They think that because they're on a game meand they can bully people and get away with it.
Well it's not like that.
Hope things get better for you, Hun.
~Snapple
Find me In-Game as CandyGore/ Thunderbirds!

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 12:22:02 am »
Oi! These guys... *censorship beep lasts about 5 minutes*
Excuse my "language". :D This occasionally happens to me during roleplays when we have the "What can we do to make our rp better" discussions. It's not happening in any of my current rp's but it happened in the past.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline TouchOfMadness

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • "Tommi"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 12:21:33 pm »
The human race. That's all I can say.
It's been three freakin' years and I have no idea what I'm doing.