Author Topic: Opinions on the Centers in Bonfire  (Read 3579 times)

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Opinions on the Centers in Bonfire
« on: August 21, 2014, 01:41:26 am »
If you ever set foot in Bonfire, chances are you've seen the many centers that are set up there. The most popular (Based on what I've seen and heard about), are Mate, Adoption, and Fighting. These centers have a huge range of opinions, from the "Ugh, you desperate people making these centers, you need a life." to the "It seems like a great idea, to get people to rp with quickly and easily." and I'm curious as to where the majority of people's opinions lay.
To get this started, my opinions:

Mate Centers- These are probably the ones I disagree with the most. It's not that I dislike them, or the concept, and don't get me wrong, I'm NO hater, but I just think some of it is a bit off. I think it's fun for younger players to find short term people to rp with and start packs, but it could start drama (cheating, infidelity, etc.). For serious rp's I think you should mate with people you know and trust. That's all for the MC's.

Adoption Centers- These, I don't see anything wrong with. Similarly to the mate centers, I think it's good for short term roleplay (or maybe long term if both are experienced roleplayers), and an easy way to start a virtual family. I prefer not to participate in these, as most of my characters are on the younger side, and have no interest of a mate or pups/cubs. The only thing about these are the UNBORNS. *dramatic music* These guys kinda freak me out.  :D

Fighting Centers- Lastly, the fighting centers. These, I will admit, I have participated in a few of these before (out of extreme boredom). Depending on the crowd, they can be a fun, enjoyable way to practice combat rp and learn new techniques, or a gang of annoying powerplayers. Unfortunately, it mostly turns out with powerplayers. I think that these are a good concept, but not the way that most people do it. I think that it should be done away from public areas, or in a private/group chat, considering that some people get a tad gory with their attacks. Also, it could be setting an example for younger players to encourage combat. I also think they should be a bit more organized, but that's not really relevant right now. There's still plenty of alternative ways to engage in active combat, or spar with friends.

Well, that's my perspective. I'm curious to hear yours.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions on the Centers in Bonfire
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 01:48:15 am »
I've actually never ran across a Fighting Center before. I've seen Dance Centers, Twerk Centers, Tanning Centers, and even the dreaded Mating Center... T.T

MATE CENTERS~

I disagree with these. Just becoming mates with some random person that usually only lasts for a short amount of time. Plus, it's a bit hurtful when you go into the center and get 'rejected'. Plus, being the mate center is terrible. People are always whispering you to go and yelling at you and saying "U SKIPPED MEEEH"

Adoption Centers~

I am fine with these. I have gone and become a pup and sat around Adoption Center before, I think it's a cute way for pups to find parents and parents to find pups.

Fighting Centers~

Can't really have an opinion on them, since I haven't seen em' before :P

Offline Codaxunion

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Tralalaa
    • Queen-Zafira
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 01:49:09 am »
Yesterday there was a, You know what center. I believe a mod needs to sit around Bonfire on their free time to catch this stuff.

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 02:05:25 am »
^^ That's odd Crow owo Never seen that kind of center before. You should have screenshot'd it and sent it to a mod. They could deal with it.

I don't really have a specific opinion on Centers, but the other day I saw a Divorce center at 3 am. I was extremely tired so I thought it was beyond funny xD It took me a while to stop laughing.

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 02:15:29 am »
I agree with your mate center opinion, Devy, but a lot of these guys are kids and don't comprehend 'love'. Hmm, a twerk center..... I'd join it.  :D jk, not really.... maybe. 100% agree with your adoption center opinions.
Crow, I've never seen one of those things, but I hope I never come across one in my travels.

I didn't include these in my first post, but here are some other centers I've seen: Neon Center, Party Center, Even a Satanic Center (don't ask, trust me, you don't wanna know)

You know what, these centers, though annoying chatlog-filler-uppers, are better than Mate/Pup beggars in my opinion. I'd rather have a circle of Bachelors/Bachelorettes than creeps stalking you and screaming "LETS MAKE PUPS!" or "BE MY MOTHER! *goes inside of* GIVE BIRTH TO ME!"

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Codaxunion

• Curious Wanderer
  • Tralalaa
    • Queen-Zafira
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 02:28:52 am »
^^ That's odd Crow owo Never seen that kind of center before. You should have screenshot'd it and sent it to a mod. They could deal with it.

I don't really have a specific opinion on Centers, but the other day I saw a Divorce center at 3 am. I was extremely tired so I thought it was beyond funny xD It took me a while to stop laughing.
H-ow? What? -sits and think how that will work-

Offline xdialgaoftimex

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Bonnie will reign supreme above them all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 02:37:12 am »
I have never been fond of Mating Centers, but I have never come across Fight Center, it sounds interesting, but I would probably rage from all of the Power Players. I am fine with Adoption Centers, but in another game I play (-cough-AnimalJam-cough-) there are too many Mate/Adoption beggars, also there is a large number of Power Players, so I never RP'd on there again. Anyway, I am not a hater on these "Centers", but I never really cared for them.
You can call me Silver or Moon.
In-Game: xdialgaoftimex

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 02:42:16 am »
Mate Centers:
To be honest I don't really mind if people are sitting around and finding short term mates to rp with. If that's how they wish to spend their time on FH, let them. However, the things that do annoy me is when everyone at the MC start filling up the chat so it's nearly impossible to read. Another thing is when the MC's turn in an actual mating center; I haven't seen this in a while, but it really bugs me when I end up taking screenies and sending them to a mod

Adoption Centers:
I don't really mind AC's at all; in fact, I support them. I like the idea of people finding pups/cubs homes and parents adopting a family. In my newbie days, I actually used to have an AC character and it somehow the whole center turned into an actual rp xD It was kinda fun tbh. But, you gotta admit that having an Adoption Center is better than random pups/cubs approaching random people and asking them to be their moms/dads

Fighting Centers:
Haven't seen one of these in a while, and when I did see one, I didn't really pay attention to one so I have no idea how they work. But just as you said, I'd imagine that most people that show up at these kinds of centers would be powerplaying in some way
Farewell everyone<3

Offline xdialgaoftimex

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Bonnie will reign supreme above them all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 02:54:43 am »
Mate Centers:
To be honest I don't really mind if people are sitting around and finding short term mates to rp with. If that's how they wish to spend their time on FH, let them. However, the things that do annoy me is when everyone at the MC start filling up the chat so it's nearly impossible to read. Another thing is when the MC's turn in an actual mating center; I haven't seen this in a while, but it really bugs me when I end up taking screenies and sending them to a mod

Adoption Centers:
I don't really mind AC's at all; in fact, I support them. I like the idea of people finding pups/cubs homes and parents adopting a family. In my newbie days, I actually used to have an AC character and it somehow the whole center turned into an actual rp xD It was kinda fun tbh. But, you gotta admit that having an Adoption Center is better than random pups/cubs approaching random people and asking them to be their moms/dads

Fighting Centers:
Haven't seen one of these in a while, and when I did see one, I didn't really pay attention to one so I have no idea how they work. But just as you said, I'd imagine that most people that show up at these kinds of centers would be powerplaying in some way

In -cough-AnimalJam-cough- people do that all the time, and it really bugs me to have them come up to me and be like "cwan ywou bwe mwy mwommy?". A lot of people go to a certain building as an AC though.
You can call me Silver or Moon.
In-Game: xdialgaoftimex

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 04:12:16 am »
But, you gotta admit that having an Adoption Center is better than random pups/cubs approaching random people and asking them to be their moms/dads

Ah, but you see; I always have daily contact with users who be like:

It's almost like they're around every corner >.> I can't escape them D:

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.