Author Topic: Tips to handle a team filled with the opposite gender?  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
Tips to handle a team filled with the opposite gender?
« on: February 07, 2018, 11:11:48 pm »
I know this is a preeetty wild question that seems kinda off or maybe personal, but please, I just need answers and suggestions from people ;_; I chose to ask here because most of you floofs I’ve met here seems to be filled with sweet compassion, good understanding and I just trust you. I’ve trusted this community since early 2012, okay? :o

Alright so let’s get to it...

Just this week I was taken as a new student in this production school. A production school is built up with different kinds of workshops, and you find out what you want to educate with and study. You must be aged 25 or younger to start at a production school, and at least 16 years old (I believe)

So I started at this Game Workshop where you can design your own games, do coding and test new games. In this workshop there are 15 males, and 2 females (including me). I also have 2 teachers that are men. I’m very happy there is another girl, but I find it difficult to socialize with her since she’s unable to use speech. She can’t use her voice. (Maybe I just have to let time pass by about that)
But I mean... 15 boys xD Don’t get me wrong they are extremely kind towards me but... There are a few that I think has got a crush on me, just because I’m into the same stuff as them. They stare at me many times, and come over to me a lot.
The problem with that for me is that I get uncomfortable and I just find it very embarassing for the other person to act so differently towards me... But I don’t want to be rude to them and tell them to stop doing those things. I am too afraid to make them feel bad and maybe get them depressed or feeling unwanted...

Is there maybe a way that I can deal with these situations in a better way? I mean I tend to just pretend nothing is affecting me by them doing that... But it is affecting me, as described.

And to make sure I actually start off a discussion here: Have YOU ever been out in a similar situation, where you have to be among a group of the opposite sex? If tell, care to tell me how you handle it? Is it no big deal? :p

Thank you for reading! <3
*Rests my fingers as I wrote all this on my small iphone lol*
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:19:26 pm by Ellen11v »
doing what i feel like

Valar.Morghulis

Re: Tips to handle a team filled with the opposite gender?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 11:18:43 pm »
Sometimes I think It's just easier to talk about stuff with boys and hang out with them, than it is with girls.
Also, maybe these guys see you as a good friend? Lot's of things can actually be seen differently from a person to person. If they ever try to make a move on you and you don't like them, just tell them you only want to be friends. Also, try not to think of these guys that are 'staring at you' as they actually like you in that way. And also if they do like you in that way; honestly, boys are boys, most of them (same as girls) will be attracted to anything that is opposite sex XD.  So just try to brush it off, things like that happen a lot xD

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 11:26:18 pm »
Sometimes I think It's just easier to talk about stuff with boys and hang out with them, than it is with girls.
Also, maybe these guys see you as a good friend? Lot's of things can actually be seen differently from a person to person. If they ever try to make a move on you and you don't like them, just tell them you only want to be friends. Also, try not to think of these guys that are 'staring at you' as they actually like you in that way. And also if they do like you in that way; honestly, boys are boys, most of them (same as girls) will be attracted to anything that is opposite sex XD.  So just try to brush it off, things like that happen a lot xD
Thank you Grace :)
Of course I know people have different attitudes and view on people. So just regardless of that, I’m just saying it :p (If that makes sense... I’m danish, so xD)
Again thank you for this.
doing what i feel like

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 04:06:17 am »
have i ever been in situation?  Well there was this one time....  uh

Act the same way you normally do.   If you notice one is coming to ask you things about the same subject and it becomes a bit predictable try saying something to the effect of "You ask me about that a lot." before you give them a normal response.
And if one is staring at you, and you get bothered by it, try looking back at them for a moment, pretend to go back to what you're doing and then look slowly back as if you were suspicious of being watched.  If they were looking at you they'll probably notice that you're noticing them staring and they would probably stop.  If they were looking at something behind you they might not.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"