Author Topic: R.I.P Eel Eye, Dearest Friend  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Twee

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
R.I.P Eel Eye, Dearest Friend
« on: October 20, 2013, 02:51:11 am »
I don't even really know where to start something like this, but I will try regardless.

A few days ago I discovered that one of my best friends had passed away. I don't know how well-known Eel Eye was around here, but I know that he had a few dear friends way back when he was an active member of the FeralHeart community. He loved this place dearly, as I did him. He was practically my family, both online and in real life.

Eli was a great friend, and one of the sweetest people I have ever met. He comforted me when I was down, cheered me up when I was feeling irate and was generally one of the best friends I have ever had. He was such a big silly, and I don't think I knew anyone who was as cheerful and optimistic as he was.

On the 6th of July, 2013, Eli committed suicide after his mother's passing sometime last year.

I am still in a deep mourning for my friend, as I have only just received the news due to complications at his home. I don't really know how I have the courage to keep typing all this, if I'm being completely honest with anyone reading as well as myself. All I know is that Eli had good friends within this community and I felt it was wrong to mourn him alone. I thought his friends - which is everyone here, as I know he considered this place as good as home - deserved to know.

Wherever he is now, I just hope he has found peace at last. I love you, I miss you, my dear friend.

Art by Kalambo @ dA
My dA

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: R.I.P Eel Eye, Dearest Friend
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 03:08:46 am »
I really hate it when people commit suicide. Poor dear, did they have to die like that?

I'm sorry for your lose, Twee. There's been many thoughts of suicide lately as I've noticed, or is it just me? It's a little heartbreaking at the same time. I probably never felt that kind of pain, but really... it feels like no one is truly strong, even if a parent died... there are still ways of getting over it. Call me cruel, as I hate this lose too.

I've felt slightly suicidal before, and again, I'm sorry for your lose Twee.

Rest in peace, Eel Eye. I know this post seems kind of pointless, but I truly feel sorry about this lose.

Offline Paitai

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I like cuddles, CUDDLE ME!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 03:10:08 am »
R.I.P! Yew will be missed :'c

Sorry for your loss Twee
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 03:11:53 am by Taiira »

Offline Twee

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 03:23:30 am »
I appreciate the thoughts, guys <3 thank you. Lately it has felt like that, Hugrf, it's really disheartening.

I don't think it's properly hit me yet, at the moment I'm just... numb. Like I can't believe it's really happened.

I'm going to visit his gravestone sometime in the next couple of weeks. I imagine it will hit me properly then, but until then I suppose it's just trying to come to terms with it.

Art by Kalambo @ dA
My dA

Offline Moss823

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Le Derp
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 03:24:41 am »
Aw gees... My deepest sympathies. There seem to have been many deaths around recently... too many... I'm so sorry for your loss. T.T My thoughts go out to you. Rest in peace, Eel Eye.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 03:28:51 am »
I know there aren't much words that can soothe a heart in mourning but know that we are here for you Twee, for however long you need us. I am sorry to hear that such a beautiful person would take their own life and leave us nothing but shadows of sweet memories behind. I pray that he has found comfort wherever he is now and that he knows that he is not alone and is still loved very much. I'm sure the first person to welcome him into heaven was his mother and I'm sure she was there to soothe his injured soul. God bless him and all that he was in life. I pray that his family and friends find comfort and that he watches over you all during this sad time.

Offline Twee

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 03:32:31 am »
He was a great person. I have no doubt that he's looking out for everyone in this community now, like a FeralHeart guardian angel. He loved - loves - this place and its people dearly, and that would never change. I hope you're right, Sura, and that he was reunited with his mother. I think that losing her was just too much for him, but I hope that he is happy now, with her.

Art by Kalambo @ dA
My dA

Offline OreoHeroz

• Taco-Hat
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 142
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 05:22:59 pm »
I'm utterly shocked by this. There has been so many death on FH and in life. Though I never knew Eli, I hope he rests in peace and is united with his mother. I understand he has been through a rough time, but suicide is never the answer to anything at all. I will pray for his family and friends and may they be comforted and blessed in this hard time. </3

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 09:37:17 pm »
I'm sorry to hear you've lost a friend, and it really pains me to hear about someones passing.
Sometimes it happens that you blame yourself for someone else's death, which is something I hope you 'n other friends of his don't.
It's very difficult to tell something like this is about to happen, nearly impossible.
It happens very sudden, and it leaves us others hurting.

He seemed to have been a very nice person, to have made a friend like yourself.
I hope you're doing alright.
Remember not to be sad because it's over, but to be happy because you met.
RETIRED.