Author Topic: Some weird problems..  (Read 858 times)

Offline morallydefunct

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Brother.
    • View Profile
Some weird problems..
« on: February 19, 2013, 06:42:46 am »
To start off, I want to say this:Don't ask if I have FH+ because I just don't. -.o

FH was being really laggy for me, and even if I turned off the Water Reflection and it still didn't stop the lag. I also heard if you turned the View Distance down it would help and it  didn't. For FH to run smoothly for me, I restart my laptop and I did just that, but when I got onto FH, the login screen had no tree, rocks, or anything at all! I shrugged it off actually, and got onto the charcter screen, my chars were there, but it was all black. I then knew something HAD to be wrong and continued forward, picking a random char and logging in.
  Loading screens were fines but I accessed Flourite Plains and everything was black, though General was still booming with ads and chat. I asked some friends and they asked if I had FH+ or if I did something with the files and I didn't. I changed rendering systems, nothing but black. I re-installed, the login screen was still nothing but land and water. What did I do? I messed with no files, I just restarted my laptop.

>mfw i see internet arguments

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: Some weird problems..
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 06:49:05 am »
Turning off your water reflection and turning down your view distance don't really work when you're in-game, it's more for Map Maker. Best to stay away from crowded areas since it's usually the amount of players that cause lag.

As for the blackness, have you tried switching your rendering system to Direct3D? Options>> Video>> Rendering System>> Direct3D.

You could also try deleting the Feralheart folder and re-downloading the game. If you have any downloaded maps/presets/objects be sure to create a backup folder on your desktop so you don't lose them ;)

Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Some weird problems..
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 08:41:00 am »
You also seem to have some texture and object files missing also. Follow ingredients advise and re-download the game but making sure you uninstall it first to clear more space and to decrease the chances of this happening again. If it works then make a back up of the FH folder and be sure you have no missing textures and objects. :)

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone