Author Topic: Your Roleplay Requirements?  (Read 2897 times)

Offline morallydefunct

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Brother.
    • View Profile
Your Roleplay Requirements?
« on: May 18, 2013, 01:37:12 pm »
Now, I have a question for all of you.
What are your roleplay requirements?
For example, you're doing a One-on-One roleplay with someone in a group or not, what do you require them to have?
Now, besides from being semi-literate to literate, I actually require the person I'm going roleplay with to:

1:Correct grammar, punctuation, and capitaliztion.
2:Use quotation marks.
3:Make the post at least a full sentence to two sentences if you aren't as literate.
4:PLEASE, spell correctly. Not all words have to be spelled correctly, but at least some.
I wish I had that screenshot.. It sure would've came in handy. Anyway...

I require those things because have you ever met someone who is so illiterate that your mind wants to blow up? That might be only me. :L
But seriously, my friend was roleplaying with me in Bonfire (Don't ask), and he met a cub. *Names are changed.*
Jack (My friend):-Roleplays sitting on a rock.-
Jen (Some.. cub):hi
Jack:Hi. o.o
Jen:wana play? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Jack:-Roleplays- "I don't think so..." He walked away.
Jen: o cum on. less play!!!

My friend and I are literate and semi-literate in Bonfire. I don't mean to be excluding anyone or anything like that, but I simply want someone literate to roleplay with, as I really don't like to roleplay with someone who isn't literate.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 01:40:34 pm by PieStar »

>mfw i see internet arguments

Offline Killian

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Something smart and mysterious.
    • View Profile
Re: Your Roleplay Requirements?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 02:14:51 pm »
Personally, I don't like RPing with someone that puts no effort into their posts what so ever. For example, I was sitting on the ramp thingy you go up to get to temple and this vampire wolf ran up to me and..

<Vampire wolf> -Drains all your blood- Don't worry I keep my victims alive!

First, you drained -all- my blood, so no I am now dead. Second, I wasn't planning on RPing. Third, auto-hitting much?! and last, I hate it when RPers just want to get their post out as quickly as possible so no effort is put forward and they end up with half a sentence of dribble.

This doesn't mean I won't RP with them, if I have nothing better to do... I'm teaching someone at the moment who uses short posts like that. But it's not all about the length of paragraphs, I am dead against using post length as an excuse to call yourself literate. I believe as long as it's a bit descriptive and has all the basic RP rules down it's fine.

I stand by the fact that literate RPers can be a lot worse then illiterates it terms of acceptance. An illiterate will RP with anyone, literates are normally too stuck up for that. I once watched a literate person whip out three posts about himself looking at a pack of wolves and call it short! The fact that people can be impressed by this is beyond me, I would hate RPing with that person, waiting for his long/short posts would bore me to death.  

Offline Nemena

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 02:59:35 pm »
My roleplaying requirements:

• I can read your post.
  • OOC friendliness

I don't care whether you're literate, illiterate, a wolfspeaker or not, providing I can understand what you've written, I'll reply! Everyone starts off somewhere and ignoring inexperienced roleplayers isn't good for the community. Whilst I prefer a bit of multi-paragraph banter, I can easily get that with friends! When I'm out and about, if I can read the basics of your post, I'll interact with you. The only people who fall outside this category are extremely heavy wolfspeakers and leet-speakers. Granted, some days it's a little disheartening to receive a one-word reply to a paragraph, and it leaves me especially vulnerable to powerplayers, but-... Well. Seeing other's improvement far outweighs any negative experiences, in all honesty!

The player's friendliness, too, is pivotal. I don't care if you're an upcoming author who's writing is literary genius; if you're unnecessarily demeaning and cruel, I won't roleplay with you. I find it far more rewarding to interact with a friendly newbie than a pompous, experienced roleplayer! Whilst the line between OOC/IC should never really be crossed, I personally find it difficult to enjoy roleplay with someone I know is cruel to other players.

I care more about the player behind the character than the quality of the roleplay. If they're enjoying themselves, I'm happy to interact with them regardless of their roleplaying ability! :D
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 03:03:04 pm by Nemena »

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 08:53:17 pm »
I have some rp requirements, in other words, if you don't follow these requirements I (sadly) can't rp with you

* I can understand what you are posting
* You can see my items, If you cannot you can at least understand they are there (ex. Someone bites my character right where a sharp item is placed)
* You can spell decently
* No hard powerplaying or godmodding (ex. KILLS NO MISS OR DODGE NOW YOU ARE DEAD!!!!!11!)
* You follow the rules (Link here)
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=18317.msg244689#msg244689* You are friendly towards other players, OOC and IC (ex. (OOC) I AM RPING WITH MY FRIEND GET OUT NOW!! (IC) "YOU THERE! GET OUT BEFORE I RIP YOUR HEAD OFF!" MERCILESSLY RIPS HEAD OFF AND LAUGHS AT VICTORY!!NO MISS!)
* You can understand literate words

I don't want to be strict by my rp rules, but everyone that can decently follow these rules can have as much RP fun with me until you fall asleep!

BouncyLion101

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 09:53:17 pm »
Normally I do not like roleplay with people that roleplay like this:
-sits on rock- hi hows it going

I found that type of roleplay very boring and awkward. I've tried to roleplay with people that roleplay like that and I just found very young players that didn't like reading rules, powerplayers, autohitters, and people that didn't know the OOC and IC difference.
I have tried multiple times to roleplay with these people. But I just don't like roelplaying with powerplayers and so on.

So, I guess me requirements for me to roleplay with someone are as follows I guess:

1. Don't autohit or powerplayer
2. Put at least some effort into the roleplay posts so they aren't just a few words
3. Know the difference between your character and IC
4. Don't be attention seeking and almost dying all the time

Of course, when it is a newer player my standards change. I'll probably roleplay with the newbie and try to teach him/her about roleplay and all that. o3o

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 10:03:48 pm »
Because I'm big on writing, I love writing. But if you can't give me something to reply with, I usually lose interest emediatly. Like BouncyLion said. The '-sits on rock- hi hows it going' boring.

So my 'requirements' are these:
1. Basic grammar and spelling, I'd like to be able to tell what I'm reading. It's okay if there's a few mistakes but absolutely no text speaking and leet speak.
2. I don't require a lot of sentences, but you have to give me something to reply with.
3. No powerplaying, auto-hits, instant deaths, etc.
4. Be able to tell the difference between IC and OOC. I don't like arguments so hate the characters, not the players.
5. Absolutely no racial slurs and bashing against gender, race, or sexuality in their posts.

Probably seems like a lot but that's what I'd like to go for when it comes to my rp partners. It makes the roleplay much more enjoyable when there aren't problems all around.

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran