Author Topic: FH Crashing!  (Read 5409 times)

Offline LilyTheAlphess

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The Memeist
    • View Profile
Re: FH Crashing!
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 08:25:08 pm »
Still won't work, Ritza.

Offline Colors

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 10:31:39 pm »
To all that asked for help, this problem is calles crash.
There are peeps who kept crashing (such as me, Lol) and the only thing you have to do when you have this problem is restart your computer. Don't keep trying to log on FH because you'll keep crashing. And try to not have so many programs opened, such as Sites, or MSN or even Skype. I hope it helped.
Colors

The path to heavens runs through miles of clouded hell right to the top.

Offline fhamanda22

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
  • "It's a very, very mad world" ~Gary Jules
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 05:41:43 pm »
To all that asked for help, this problem is calles crash.
There are peeps who kept crashing (such as me, Lol) and the only thing you have to do when you have this problem is restart your computer. Don't keep trying to log on FH because you'll keep crashing. And try to not have so many programs opened, such as Sites, or MSN or even Skype. I hope it helped.

Thanks, this really did help :) or even waiting a few minutes after the crash helped. As for the Skype thing I don't know how to have it not open all the time because mine is always open even when I try to exit the program >.< Anyway thanks for the help

"All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere"
     ~"Mad World" by Gary Jules

Avatar and signature photos edited by me <3

Offline Flyboy Talfasi

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2011, 08:21:54 pm »
Hai.

I have this problem as well - basically meaning that my game crashes everytime I hit "go" from the character screen, more precisely at the moment when the random deviantart picture is showing. My friends say I appear online briefly, but for me it's just an instant crash the moment the game is supposed to start.

This used to happen before, but I got around it by switching characters, restarting the game etc. However, nowadays nothing seems to work. :| Anyway, I since I run the game in windowed mode, I managed to catch a glimpse at the code parser when it loads the game, and I also successfully took a screenshot of the error that seems to be the cause of the crash for the game at least for me - and I'd be willing to bet it's the reason for many others too. Here it is:

As far as I know, UTF-8 has something to do with the font system - or the way letters are shown, I'm a bit unsure on that. Anyway, I hope someone with technical background (Kov! :D) could have a look at this, since I think this could be the cause for the problems so many of us seemingly are facing.

Hope this was of some use. :) Later folks.

EDIT: To be specific, this is the error that I get in the transition stage between the deviantart picture and when the game is supposed to begin. I do not believe computer restarts and game restarts are ways to go around this - as it seems to be some kind of a programming bug, or something that affects certain kind of hardware (certain graphics cards maybe?) -- so I urge you people not to spend too much time restarting and whatnot - it likely won't do you any good, except increase the frustration. :D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 08:25:12 pm by Antti »

Offline Jessie Dagger

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • There is magic. But we call it Imagination~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2011, 09:30:33 pm »
Mine gets me to the choosing character,then it accually lets me into the game because i see the map in the background,and then it says FH is not responding......WAIT!I figured it out..for me,If it lets you to the map,then as soon as you see the map and the screen goes pale,press ESC and hold it until the screen goes normal and you should be fine.Hope I helped some.

Yea sorry to say this but, that didn't work for me T^T instead it just closes the game
Yeah I will try Ritza's idea...My own didn't work for me just now

xSkyrimx

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2011, 09:34:24 pm »
thank god its not just me i was flipping out D:

Offline Crikey233

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2011, 09:35:51 pm »
Having the same probs today, I made another character and none of my characters are working :( hopefully it will be fixed soon.

xSkyrimx

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2011, 09:36:23 pm »
ied suspose well just have to wait and see till later :l

Offline Aruda

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • peasants
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2011, 10:55:12 pm »
Yeah, whenever I start FH it doesn't even get to the log-in screen before it stops responding. Tried restarting my computer, installing it two more times (both torrent and download)... it still won't work.

>.<

-currently living a supernatural, jared padalecki, lost, breaking bad, heroes, and jake gyllenhaal appreciation life-

misha collins is the troll lord

autumns

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2011, 11:33:01 pm »
Everytime i try to get on it crashes after the adds