Author Topic: Feralheart keeps crashing  (Read 8323 times)

Offline Midgetsc

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Feralheart keeps crashing
« on: March 06, 2012, 02:27:55 pm »
Today I was home sick and decided to play Feralheart. I played for a while, met a new friend, and began a mapped fox RP with them. Then they had to go, but said they would be back later, so I went downstairs to watch a movie. The movie just finished, and I came back up to play some more of my favorite video game, Feralheart. I opened it up, it showed me the black box thingy that loads the game or whatever, then showed me the white thing that tells you your rendering system and some other stuff. I hit 'okay', then nothing happened. I clicked on the Feralheart icon again. This time it showed my the game starting up, then it crashed altogether. I thought maybe this was just a problem that when I clicked on it again it would be fine, but the game keeps continuing to crash. I tried logging off my computer (not turning it off, logging off.) but it still continues to crash. Anyone know how this could be fixed, or is this a problem that has happened to other people? More importantly, can it be fixed WITHOUT having to reinstall Feralheart? I'm getting tired of uninstalling and reinstalling, because it means redownloading the item pack and markings I have, as well as getting all the maps I forget to save.

CloudFish

Re: Feralheart keeps crashing
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 03:19:16 pm »
You shouldn't have to redownload item packs and markings as long as when you're downloading them, you're saving them to your downloads folder, or documents. However, straight up downloading them to the desired folders WILL cause to have to redownload. Simply moving them back isn't that big of a hassle. You can also make a copy of your exports folder for when you reinstall.

Despite all that, I'd say it'd be in your best interest TO reinstall. Delete all of your Feral Heart related media, (making sure to make copies of the things you wish to keep) and then redownload the latest set up.

A quick alternative to this might be double particles. Go to your particle folder and make sure they're aren't any copies of any files.

Hope you feel better, now that the day's gone on.

Offline Midgetsc

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 11:41:16 am »
Alright, this is very late, but I actually restarted my comp and it worked fine. :P

Offline kikiwolf17

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 01:55:35 am »
my game crashes after i load my character in the world then in a few secs if crashes

Offline kikiwolf17

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 01:59:19 am »
 basically i log on select my character i get in the world then it crashes :-[

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 02:11:19 am »
basically i log on select my character i get in the world then it crashes :-[
In the future, please make your own Help Thread when you're havign game issues. This thread died back in 2012, so there's no reason to necro it.

I'm locking this thread, but I'll PM you, Kiki, so we can get this fixed for you. c:
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||