Author Topic: Why is this so screwed up D:<  (Read 4678 times)

Offline preshus30

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
    • View Profile
    • Hot Maps
Why is this so screwed up D:<
« on: June 02, 2012, 05:42:16 am »
OK So I've made this Custom map for rescue personal (K9 units, rescue units, etc.) and thus so fast access to all the FH Default maps is necessary so I added a portal to every Default map in FH but Something has gone wrong.

When you step through the portal It takes you to the map everything is there except for two things in all of them, other players and working portals. Like for instance In my custom map I went through the portal to the temple of dreams got there, there wasn't anyone around (not that abnormal) , but when i tried to step through the portal back to the Flourite Plains it popped up and said "Map not found!" and so i used my home thing and I went to all the other maps and all the portals inside of them where Doing the same thing, And what really tipped me off was when I went to the Flourite Plains through the portal in my map there was absolutely no one there.

So is there a reason that its doing this? If so, why? Is there anyway to fix it?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 05:45:22 am by Preshus30 »

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
Re: Why is this so screwed up D:<
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 07:39:48 am »
You shouldn't mess with the default maps. >.> Uninstall the game, you /will/ lose all your files, if you don't back them up.
Next time just put the portal into Cape, like you're supposed to do please.

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline preshus30

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • Hot Maps
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 07:46:01 am »
You shouldn't mess with the default maps. >.> Uninstall the game, you /will/ lose all your files, if you don't back them up.
Next time just put the portal into Cape, like you're supposed to do please.

No no no you've misunderstood me i didnt put the portal to my map in the default maps I put portals to the default maps into my map.

If i use the normal portals to navigate through the game its fine but if I go into my custom map and use the portals there to go to the default maps thats when I get the trouble. I dont even know how you would add your own portals to already made default maps <.<
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 07:48:29 am by Preshus30 »

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 07:51:35 am »
As Ramine said it isn't allowed though you have put the default maps into YOUR map, You are still technically not allowed to do so. Remove those portals from your custom map and leave so you simply enter and exit through the cape portal. Then re install your game but make sure you back up your map file or as Ramine said you WILL lose your map completely.
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.

Offline preshus30

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • Hot Maps
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 08:04:25 am »
As Ramine said it isn't allowed though you have put the default maps into YOUR map, You are still technically not allowed to do so. Remove those portals from your custom map and leave so you simply enter and exit through the cape portal. Then re install your game but make sure you back up your map file or as Ramine said you WILL lose your map completely.

And What may I ask is wrong with putting portals to FH maps in your own maps? I see where it can do no harm. And linked is what I'm talking about just to clarify.

http://pmaps.webs.com/Picture.png

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 08:12:17 am »
It's against the rules. Kov doesn't want anyone to mess with his maps.
Would you like it if some totally random person came and put your maps portal into theirs?

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline preshus30

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • Hot Maps
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 08:15:33 am »
Would you like it if some totally random person came and put your maps portal into theirs?

That still makes no sense for

1. People use his maps everyday,
and
2. It's not like I'm editing His maps, they aren't editable by us normal players.

But whatever I'm not going to sit here and waist my time arguing.

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 08:17:38 am »
It doesn't have to make sense, Kov has said that people should not put his map portals into custom maps!
It's his game, his rules.

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline BigSkippy

• Warden Of FH
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • Winter Is Coming
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 08:20:02 am »

That still makes no sense for

1. People use his maps everyday,
and
2. It's not like I'm editing His maps, they aren't editable by us normal players.

But whatever I'm not going to sit here and waist my time arguing.

Well Ramine is the mod speaking here, Do you not think it would be wise to do as she says?. Kov is the game creator and has stated it is against the rules and that is not up for argument.  So please we are trying to help you out do not get cranky.
Never Forget What You Are, The Rest Of The World Will Not. Wear It Like Armor And It Can Never Be Used To Hurt You.

Offline preshus30

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • Hot Maps
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 08:28:47 am »
It doesn't have to make sense, Kov has said that people should not put his map portals into custom maps!
It's his game, his rules.

Well then, (this is me being serious not sarcastic), does there happen to be a list of rules anywhere that I can read and go through for future reference? Seeming as how there are ,rules, that I'm unaware of.