Author Topic: Mass markings and crap load markings  (Read 6244 times)

Arjen2

Mass markings and crap load markings
« on: June 12, 2012, 03:01:06 pm »
Hello, I'm Arjen as you can see and I acctually have a question about tthe markings.

My friend has the crap load thing markigns, and I have the mass markings, the normal one. But we can't see each others markings as they shoud be. We both think this is kind of sad and so I would be pleased if someone could answer me on both following questions:

- Is there a download so you can have both the crap load markings and the normal mass markings?
- If the answer is no: Is there another way you can get them both?

Thanks guys, I hope someone will soon reply with a yes answer :D

Offline QueenOfKarma

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Now you see me, and now you don't.
    • SpottedLeaves
    • Guilty Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mass markings and crap load markings
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 11:59:50 pm »
There is a way to get both, yes, but sometimes they wont show up the same to a regular mass markings user compared to the crap load mass markings. Its because the coding isn't in the same order.

Offline Pakhet

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
    • Forbbiden Lands forum - (c) CloudFish
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 04:09:38 am »
What Broken said is true, but there IS a way if you're willing to edit the code.

- First, and foremost, Copy And Paste Your FH .cfg file to SOMEWHERE else incase you screw it up and need to replace!

- Make a folder on your desktop. (Right click, add new..., folder)

- Then install the markings pack you don't have to said folder.

- Find the .cfg file and open it. (Open with..., Microsoft word)

- Now open the main FH folder (Start button, Run, Browse, (C:), FeralHeart. Make sure you right click the FH folder and choose open.

- Now, you see the lists of coding? Fbody means Feline Body markings. The order the codes are listed in is how they'll show up in game. The first is the Cheetah mark. It's like this Cheetah;fmarkCheetahBody.png
The part up to the ; is the name of the marking.
"fmark" means it's for felines.
CheetahBody.png is the image file name.
It is cap sensitive and if it doesn't show, make sure there is NO space after the end of the name.

- You have Hammy's markings already, so after copying and pasting the image files from the crap load one into C:/FeralHeart/Media/Textures, go to the crap load .cfg

- Find the codes for all of it's markings and copy/paste them in to FH's .cfg. Make sure you
a) put the right codes under the right lists (Fhead under Fhead and so on)
b) DO NOT put any of FH's default marking codes in the list.

- Save your changes and load FH

~~~~~

If not, I can do the coding if you'll post the crap load marks link here. Then I can do a download for you.

~Pakhet

Offline BlackWolf13

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 11:09:41 pm »
What is the FH.cfg?? im confused and i really want the crap load! D:
The party has now started.

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 06:05:22 am »
@ kylie:
The markings.cfg is in the main FeralHeart folder. In Windows 7, you'll find the main FeralHeart folder under My Computer>Hard Disk Drives. Open the folder that says FeralHeart, scroll down some, and you'll find a file that says markings.cfg. Open that file and you'll see a bunch of letters and numbers. Those are the codes that enable the markings to work in-game.

All proper marking packs come with a file called a ReadMe. Those ReadMes contain the codes for that specific custom marking pack to work in-game. You simply copy/paste the codes from the ReadMe into the markings.cfg, and those custom markings will show up in Character Creation in-game.

I personally use this marking pack. It's has a wide range of popular markings, and it's completely legal (meaning Ouka got all of those artists' permissions to use those markings for her marking pack). http://www.mediafire.com/?r4tkee3473p82h8

And to make things easier, this marking pack already comes with its own installer that does all the complex stuff for you, so you don't need to worry about copy/pasting all those codes. http://www.mediafire.com/?a5y2o0qrdbq9a15

Hope this helps! ;D

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline Draggonne

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 09:46:47 am »
Thanks that helped me! :)

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 10:11:36 pm »
You're welcome, fanghorn. ;D

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART