Author Topic: How do I use Feralheart Items?  (Read 8464 times)

Offline leafpaws

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • My mom's picture she took of a wolf.
    • View Profile
How do I use Feralheart Items?
« on: August 25, 2012, 03:21:28 am »
I have no clue how to use items... I'm a newb XD.  Anyways, I downloaded several wearable items and none of them were there when i went on.  I don't know about this kind of stuff so please help me... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline animals_rock

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • Lilly teh Lioness
    • View Profile
Re: How do I use Feralheart Items?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 03:23:40 am »
Did you place all the files in C:\FeralHeart\media\items?  If you did, then I wouldn't know..they should be in character creator...
Call me Lilly or Animal or Animals or Lillyfloof...I dun really care o3o Call me whatever you want... .3.

dA: Lacey186
Youtube: Lacey186
oovoo: Lacey186
Siggy made by the wonderful Nair~

Offline morallydefunct

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • Brother.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 03:25:48 am »
Yeah just simply,drag all those files into C:/Feralheart/media/items and then restart FH and go to charater creator.GO to IIII and the items should be there.

>mfw i see internet arguments

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 03:33:56 am »
Well like the others said all you usually have to do is copy the downloaded files into the C:/Feralheart/media/items area of your pc. Usually the creators of the mods put a little notepad with an explanation of where to put the files. You can always check for one of those if you get stumped. I hope you were able to fix your problem. Goodluck.

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 04:56:48 pm »
Yeah, like everybody else has already said, copy all the files in the item pack into FeralHeart/Media/Items (with Windows, the FeralHeart folder is under Computer/Hard Disk Drives. I don't know how it works with a Mac.)

Also, your item pack should come with something called a ReadMe. In this ReadMe is a code that you need to be able to use the items in-game. Open the ReadMe, copy the code, and paste it into your items.cfg (which is in the main FeralHeart folder). Then you will be able to go into your character creator and equip those items to your characters.

By the way, if you're using Ringo & Delay's item pack, you don't need to do that whole business of opening the ReadMe and copy/pasting the code. Ringo & Delay's items already come with their own items.cfg, so you can just drag it into your main FeralHeart folder and override the old items.cfg.

And another thing...

Items can be a little difficult sometimes. For instance, my character may be wearing caribou antlers and a pearl necklace on my end, but you might see my character as wearing a jack'o'lantern mask and a rainbow necktie on your end. That's because you and I have different items downloaded to our respective FH games, possibly in different orders on the item list in Character Creator. Just keep that in mind.

One way that I try to prevent mix-ups in items is that I download these item packs in this order: Ringo & Delay's Item Pack first, and Tetsu's Wearable Items pack second (with any other item packs after that, you just got to hope for the best). A lot of FeralHearters do it this way, so if you see a character with horns or carrying a keyblade in its mouth, you're probably seeing the right item.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 05:07:23 pm by Abomine »

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline leafpaws

• Forum Newcomer
  • My mom's picture she took of a wolf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 03:07:39 am »
okay, i did it but some of the wearable items dont appear on my charrie.  whats wrong with it?

Offline Abomine

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • I'm that weird chick who's obsessed with deer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 04:42:05 am »
If you can't see some of the items, it could be one of two things: the item pack itself has issues (sometimes they're like that), or you didn't put ALL of the items in the item pack folder into your FeralHeart/Media/Items folder.

I'm afraid I'm not an expert on this sort of thing...

To Isengard! To Isengard!

My deviantART

Offline Ambertail2

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 08:28:53 pm »
I have the same problem, but i drag them into items, and their not there. and its IV... so....
I downloaded a bunch, but none are in items.

JackobLoveu

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 08:32:28 pm »
First off,Please dont post in other threads, especially old threads.Second off,Okay..Did you put 'Item.cfg' in the Main FeralHeart Folder? And put 'Items' folder in FeralHeart>Media?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 08:34:29 pm by Thrillex »

Offline PyroFallon017

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • "I may dance on fire, but I am walking on air."
    • DarkenedWolfSoul
    • View Profile
Items.cfg
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 12:38:49 am »
I know how to download items and everything but what do I do if my items.cfg is missing from my main feralheart folder? :-\
"Not all angels are holy, and not all demons are evil. Maybe we're a little of both, but you're too quick to judge."