Author Topic: Some things I noticed  (Read 2343 times)

Offline StarBurst

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I can't think what to put here...
    • View Profile
Some things I noticed
« on: June 21, 2016, 08:34:05 am »
I've been away from FH for a long time now, but this update prompted me to come back. When I did, I noticed that now, for roleplays, people are using 'recruiter' characters. How long has this been going on? Also, there seem to be less warrior cat clans and TLK roleplayers around.
There are 3 things I know about you:
1. You cannot touch all your teeth at once with your tongue.
2. You just tried it so you know its not true.
3. You are copying and pasting this into your own siggy.
Don't click this, really don't.  http://tinyurl.com/fhroleplay

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Some things I noticed
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 08:39:45 am »
I've seen quite a few recruiters before and after the update. As for Warrior Cats and TLK rpers, I have seen a couple of clans in Cherika and Seaside, but I have yet to actually see TLK rpers. Could be just because we hang in the wrong maps. xD

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 08:42:38 am »
Ooh yes, I have to agree with Arctic on this one. I've seen plenty of RECs around before the update and some of the WC clans have been scattered a bit throughout the place.
As for the TLK roleplayers, I have actually spotted them in the Eastern Pass once before, but there was only about... one or two characters there at the time when I was just walking around. Whom knows, they might make a comeback when we least expect it. Lol.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Raddlegoose

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 12:36:45 pm »
  Ive spotted most WC and TLK rpers in Eastern Pass.(Just like anyone else) And a few wolf rpers in Cherika.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 12:49:45 pm »
As these maps are rather new, and there's quite some change there's not really a "default" place for Lion King roleplays or roleplayers, and same most likely goes for other common types that had their default hang out places.

What made the bonfire den and cliff the spot for Lion King related roleplays had to do with not only that it was the one place that could by "some stretch of imagination" look like pride rock, and that it used to be the old spawn map with tons of players in it, but mostly because once the snowball got rolling people knew that's where to look for Lion King roleplays. Even if no lion king characters were on, it would just take one or two and shortly after more people would show as everyone knew that's where they're at.

Right now people are still adapting and don't know where to look as there is no location like this "yet". Not to mention that a good majority of the users who did roleplay TLK in bonfire are people just introduced to roleplaying or of young age, trying to organize a TLK roleplay is most likely a daunting task for some of them as advertising such a roleplay will get the edgiest of edges to shun them if they do it next to the "wrong" people as they might not live up to the same standards. Many of you know how mate centers got the cold shoulder when just showing up in Fluorite, and it's basically the same idea here. Opinions aside about mate centers, they don't really have a default spot just yet either hence the lack there of. A mate center needs users interested in their activities and if users don't know where to find said mate center there's no dice. I've seen some mate centers try, but nothing that really got the ball rolling yet.

I'd give this some time and we'll most likely see them pop up in certain spots or maybe even discover new ways that people locate and find their activities.

Regarding the recruiter accounts, I do not know when you joined but I've seen them on and off for as long as I can remember. Granted the first months in the game I cannot say they were common but neither were the default advertising spots as we got used to. It's a thing people do really, but the downsides are many unless there's only 1 user running the recruiter account. I know some people made the account to share it with some higher ups within the roleplay to share the work of advertising and boost member count in an easier way, but as it might be simple way to get recruiting done it can become problematic if someone steps over the game rules and gets in trouble, because of the notices regarding account sharing and what not.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 12:51:20 pm by Redlinelies »
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline StarBurst

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I can't think what to put here...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 04:01:44 pm »
Last time I played regularly was about a year ago and I never noticed any recruiters :o
Btw, do map downloads still work for this version or do you need to download a new version of the map compatible with this?
There are 3 things I know about you:
1. You cannot touch all your teeth at once with your tongue.
2. You just tried it so you know its not true.
3. You are copying and pasting this into your own siggy.
Don't click this, really don't.  http://tinyurl.com/fhroleplay

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 04:16:38 pm »
I think the recruiter characters have been around for quite some time, but it is true that I've seen a lot more pop up in recent days. Have yet to see the surplus of TLK Rpers that existed back in Bonfire though. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough xD
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Kalaban

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • #TooLazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 05:18:38 pm »
Seeing as the recruiter usernames are popping up, I see this as a bit of convenience. Anyone who has the password and trust of the leader can use a common password, and a bio is freed up for the recruiter character to play and show off more than what Feral-heart group bios are like. Adding on that having so many friends on your personal username is a bit of an inconvenience, the recruiter can friend any possible or full members of the group.

Unsure about the rest, though!
In-game Username: Kalaban

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 07:57:55 pm »
It might be that they just come on at different times now. (The warrior cat rps) And as far as the recruiters, that has been going on for a while now, I've seen a lot more of them the past two years and it seems to work better than the original way of recruiting.