Author Topic: FeralHeart 1.15 Stops Working?  (Read 1438 times)

I Ship It!

FeralHeart 1.15 Stops Working?
« on: June 21, 2016, 04:30:01 pm »
Hello.
I'm not new to the forum nor FH, so I was looking through other help threads and I've done what they some people suggest to do. I've tried just about everything, let it be re-downloading FH, or trying to fix the render system. Feral Heart upon start up Stops Working and I don't know what's causing this.
Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart 1.15 Stops Working?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 04:47:53 pm »
If you make a clean install onto another location on your computer and not where your old FH is located, it cannot really give you a crash upon startup unless it's due to the rendering mode selected being wrong, or that your computer itself cannot handle the game(Which shouldn't be the case if you have a computer from the recent 6 years and all drivers installed for it).

-Install FH to another location on your computer and not C:\FeralHeart which is the default.

-Do not install any modifications(mods) what so ever

-Start the game, and if it crashes, change the rendering mode inside ogre.cfg, it's the top line and can either be Direct3D9 or OpenGL Rendering Subsystem. Be sure to save the config after made changes, and also do make sure you edit the text file correctly(There's tutorials on doing this I believe)

Your game should then run as you install it to a location that has had no FH related files in it before, and you install it with the same installer everyone else uses.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 04:56:55 pm »
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 04:58:58 pm by Moontwist »

Signature art by Kynvuu

I Ship It!

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 06:06:05 pm »
Actually, I solved my own problem by running as a Administrator for the download.
But thanks for the solutions anyway, they were helpful to me ^-^
(You can go ahead and lock this topic now, it's solved ^-^)

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 07:38:57 pm »
Good luck and have fun in the game! I'll lock this up for you since you've fixed your problem.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.