Author Topic: Some other good forums?  (Read 1240 times)

Offline malachitelace

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Always Tired
    • Malachitenecklace
    • Chinapandaru
    • View Profile
Some other good forums?
« on: June 23, 2016, 07:17:29 pm »
(I wasn't sure if this belonged here or in the "other games" section. This isn't talking about games as much as it is websites, and I've seen posts in this board about websites that aren't FH before, so I figured this was the right board. I tried my best to see if this kinda thread has been done before too, but there are a lot of posts here with the keywords "forum" and "other."  If this thread isn't ok, mods feel free to lock it or move it- I totally understand.)

So after spending a little bit of time stalking and posting on the FH forums, I forgot how much in love I am with forum communities. I've admittedly been lurking on the forums much more than I have been playing the actual game. I recently went to check out some of my old forum communities too, but sadly most of them are dead besides ChickenSmoothie's forums, which are just super big and busy. (Which is definitely nice when I'm feeling it, but not what I want 100% of the time, and so I'm usually constantly stuck refreshing fh.)

I just wanna join some more forum communities, preferably ones that aren't 100% roleplaying based since I'm not nearly that active (however I don't mind if there's a large or even dominating rp section.) Pet games/misc sites are totally fine too as long as they have a pretty decent forum that offers content other than game help or site discussion.

So, do any of you have other forum communities that you really like? Maybe even some that you own? I'd love to hear about them and even possibly join! And hey, even if I don't personally like something, someone else browsing this thread might enjoy it, so don't be afraid to share. ouo

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Some other good forums?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 05:12:01 pm »
I've kinda spent so much here the last couple of years that my interest for other forums and community has suffered, where time restraints has been the biggest problem.

If you're interested in some more techy stuff and things around computer hardware I'd suggest things like tek syndicates forum or LTT forum.
https://forum.teksyndicate.com/
https://linustechtips.com/main/

But they are probably a little too big to fill that room you were looking for and I'm certain it's probably not the first place people around here look for. Do you have any particular interests?
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline malachitelace

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Always Tired
    • Malachitenecklace
    • Chinapandaru
    • View Profile
Re: Some other good forums?
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 03:44:15 pm »
Those are a little big/much for me personally, but I definitely know some people who would be into those, and I know some people on here would enjoy those too!

Personally, I'm looking for some more casual communities. Not really worried about the specific topic of the forum, but I'd prefer it be pretty open to outsiders and casual fans. Of course I'd want the forum's topic to appeal to me and be something I'd enjoy. I've actually been looking for some pokemon and etc. fandom forums, but most of them seem to either be strictly roleplaying, inactive, or have unfriendly staff. That's why I'm trying to broaden my horizons, haha. Maybe use a forum as an excuse to get into something I've never even really looked at before!