Author Topic: Game Crashing  (Read 828 times)

Offline RustedRaven

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Game Crashing
« on: June 23, 2016, 08:27:29 pm »
Okay, so I have been working on a map for a roleplay, and it's been doing just fine. But, I started work on an add-on map and everything started to crash. At first, it worked just like it was supposed to, then I went to edit some things in the heightmap, and when I tried to load it up again, the game froze and quit. There were no "feralheart.exe has stopped working" messages or crash reports either, it just closed down. I went back and got rid of the changes to see if that was it, and it wasn't. I've made sure that it is 512x512, grayscale, and on one layer. Just in case, I renamed the file, it didn't work. Then I made a plain white heightmap as an example, and it crashed again. I have tried everything that I can think of, including re-downloading the game. [The first map that I was working on was saved before this problem started, and it's working fine still]

This is the map that started the glitch, just in case that has something to do with it
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 08:30:32 pm by RustedRaven »

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Game Crashing
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 11:13:49 pm »
Hmmm....have you put any meshes in it yet? Could be a corrupted mesh somewhere. Or maybe some duplicate particles. If that is the case, I would go through and give it a look.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 11:16:26 pm »
Are you sure that's really in greyscale(?)
Also, I don't think there should hr any 'white' around the borders and such, I could be wrong.
Is the map a .PNG?

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 12:12:01 am »
Downloaded the image, it's not in the correct format.

It cannot be a layer, it must be flattened as a background. If it's not it will crash your game as you load it. Not sure what you use but in photoshop you will see it say "background" when it's correct, usually there's some sort of lock on the layer, think it is in gimp too.

I think I gimp, you right click the layer and select "remove alpha channel". And make sure you save it over the old one.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline RustedRaven

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 12:35:15 am »
thank all of you so much for helping ;v; It turns out that it was ridiculously simple, i thought that 512x512 was the right size for the heightmap