Author Topic: [Unsolved]: Keys not working, Browser Login Screen To Game Issue.  (Read 2752 times)

Offline SP00K5T3R

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Problem
Attempting to use the keyboard keys and nothing happens.

E.x 1
When I go to log into the game, I type and the game doesn't
register I'm typing, so the carret simply blinks and the space remains blank.

E.x 2
When in-game, if I try to move my character the game wont register
I clicked the keys and the character remains in it's place, as though never moved.

E.x 3
In-game chat does the same as logging in.

Reason
The Browser's Login Screen is glitched- logging in causes the problem, and logging
out fixes the problem... at the cost of not being able to access the server, of course.

Edit: If you log into any other website, the same thing occurs.

Solution
From what I have found, when the Browser Login Screen is glitched, you have to
restart the browser. I am unsure if it only happens with this browser [FireFox],
but I'll try it out the next time it happens. Restarting the computer works as well.

Edit: Refreshing does not work.

If you log into other sites, the temporary solution above does not work either.
[Though apparently if you go to make a forum post on FeralHeart, it starts working again?]

Things I Have Tried
Uninstall-Reinstall
[4 times, to be precise]

Changing my Rendering System
[it actually gave me the transparent-chat texture glitch as well, LOL]

Refreshing Page

Clearing history

Restarting browser
[if logging in to other sites]

Thank you to everyone who post[s/ed]. c:
If anyone has any more solutions, or an actual fix, that would be nice to post.

[Updated; reworded to make better sense.]
[PS: Considering the problem was noticed in the game first, I posted
in the Game Help forums, even though this could go into both help forums.]
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 05:07:15 am by SP00K5T3R »

ArcticGalaxy

Re: [Unsolved]: Keys not working?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 12:36:39 am »
Maybe try changing your rendering system?

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 12:41:51 am »
Maybe your keyboard isn't set up like the English standard keyboards so the game isn't recognizing it and seeing it as foreign.

You can try this link Here and seeing if this helps ~!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 12:43:27 am by Hakumi »

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline SP00K5T3R

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 12:48:24 am »
Well, I was about to try that- but for some odd reason it's begun working again.
I'll try it the next time it happens, as I know it'll happen again.

Edit: Tried that, still nothing. As a matter of fact, that transparent-chat texture glitch appeared again, LOL.

Maybe your keyboard isn't set up like the English standard keyboards so the game isn't recognizing it and seeing it as foreign.
I have used this computer for the longest time with FeralHeart [before the update] and have never had this problem before.

It should be set up like the standard English keyboard, considering I am from the U.S and this computer was bought in the U.S, lol. It seems to 'flicker' though as, like I said to Arc, it just suddenly started working again. Don't really know why, but I know that it hasn't been fixed and that it'll happen again sometime in the future.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 12:59:33 am by SP00K5T3R »

Offline ThatRandomTypo

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • being active is hard :(
    • vidrosfault
    • dogmeat tamale
    • View Profile
Re: [Unsolved]: Keys not working? [FOUND THE PROBLEM, NEED SOLUTION]
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 01:09:46 am »
Well, I was about to try that- but for some odd reason it's begun working again.

Edit: Tried that, still nothing. As a matter of fact, that transparent-chat texture glitch appeared again, LOL.

I have used this computer for the longest time with FeralHeart [before the update] and have never had this problem before.

It should be set up like the standard English keyboard, considering I am from the U.S and this computer was bought in the U.S, lol. It seems to 'flicker' though as, like I said to Arc, it just suddenly started working again. Don't really know why, but I know that it hasn't been fixed and that it'll happen again sometime in the future.

I'm no computer guru, but I'd like to give my thoughts on this, if you don't mind:
Perhaps when you log in somehow your keyboard is still registered for the login typing-area(can't remember the name for it) and so whenever you go to play the game, your keyboard is being registered for the typing field for logging in on the "Play Game" page.
again, I could be entirely off track, but I'd like to help if I can
I am ThatRandomTypo in game, and you can also find me on Deviant Art as VidrosFault!

i've been very inactive for a very long time :(

Offline SP00K5T3R

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile

I'm no computer guru, but I'd like to give my thoughts on this, if you don't mind:
Perhaps when you log in somehow your keyboard is still registered for the login typing-area(can't remember the name for it) and so whenever you go to play the game, your keyboard is being registered for the typing field for logging in on the "Play Game" page.
again, I could be entirely off track, but I'd like to help if I can

Thank you for helping, but it seems that was not the problem- turns out, the problem is that the Browser Login Screen is glitched and that a simple restart of my browser and re-login fixed the issue. As for if it can be fixed with a refresh of the page or changing browsers, I am unsure, but that's something I'll figure out when it happens again, haha.

Again, thanks for trying to help. c:

Offline Hakumi

• Honored Hero
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
What do you mean by 'glitched'? Does it just kick you off? If so, try getting a tab refresher or simply switching browsers altogether. Google Chrome is also a good choice since so far you have only said Firefox.

Offline SP00K5T3R

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
What do you mean by 'glitched'? Does it just kick you off? If so, try getting a tab refresher or simply switching browsers altogether. Google Chrome is also a good choice since so far you have only said Firefox.

'Glitched' as in, something must be up with the coding between the two- perhaps, when this problem occurs, the site's coding is 'glitched' and doesn't allow the site-to-game communication when it's needed. It is not the random log-outs, as the page is still open and the log'd-in page is still there. It could be a result of them working on the site, but that's just a small thought of mine.

My only problem about Chrome is the amount of space it takes up, only further lagging my game out when open [heck, having anything else opened causes my computer to lag out while playing games]. If the problem happens again, I will try out the other browser and see if it occurs on that one too, haha.

Offline Hakumi

• Honored Hero
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Oooh,
Ja, they mentioned that the site might be a bit wonky and a few things might happen during the maintenance so the login tab 'glitching' might be the reason for this ( even though I haven't encounter the problem yet ).

Hopefully the switch will work and you can try maybe a mobile device to see if anything changes as well.

Offline FreakAccident

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • http://tophatlady.deviantart.com
    • TortDoll
    • FilthyDrood
    • View Profile
    • Primitive Call
Have you tried re-installing it? Do you have an anti-virus or an ad-block (or firewall) of sorts?

- Try disabling your anti-virus during the install process. A file that is used as the "command" to type might not be installing right, be sure you are also installing your FeralHeart in your "OC://" and no where else and always make sure you have enough GB, otherwise your computer may compensate and simply not download all of the credentials.

- Be sure you're not touching anything else, just install and leave it as that (Adding markings/items are fine!), anything that changes GUI MAT or .dll files, don't touch. This could also be your 'caret off-set, but a re-install should fix that. What resolution is it at?

- If you provide a screenshot of when you run FeralHeart as an Admin, that'd be helpful too! You know, when ya start it up and some options pop-up (like rendering system)? Thanks!

- If you'd like to try some browser cleaning, etc, there is a link in my signature to "Connection Issues". It will clean your browser/DNS!
No, I'm not new.
DeviantArt | TopHatLady
Connection Issues? Click me!
Sig By Arborath