Author Topic: FeralHeart now not responding what so ever?  (Read 3120 times)

Offline cytofin

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • cytofin
    • teahsu
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt/Contact
FeralHeart now not responding what so ever?
« on: June 26, 2016, 07:37:54 pm »
FeralHeart now not responding what so ever?
Problem described here: http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=57362.0

I have tried everything said on that thread to try to and get FeralHeart working. It is now not responding what so ever. I have had the game up for almost an hour and the whole time it has been saying 'Not Responding' and not going to the login page.

What have I tried?
Here is a list:
1) Change rendering systems.
2) Change browsers(There is no problem with the browser, it is the game itself.)
3) Install light version of FeralHeart.
4) Change In-game Settings(I have had them changed to 0 accept for water reflection.)

Note: This has nothing to do with the login now, so please do not post things that revert to logging in. The game should be going in smoothly, not 'Not responding' for about an hour before going to the login page. Most with slight lag and such have had a not responding moment but that does not last almost an hour like mine does. So, there is nothing wrong with the login! I have been trying to make the point out that it is the 'Not responding' thing and not the login and most are saying things that include the login.
Sorry for my complaints, I bet you floofs are ready for me to get out of your fur....

-- S i l v e r
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 12:11:11 am by silver warrior »

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart now not responding what so ever?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 07:41:47 pm »
What do you mean that the other browsers are giving you a virus(?) If you're referring to Chrome / Firefox I haven't gotten no such thing, as long as you downloaded from the site I believe.

Another thing, it could be that since the site is being worked on, there will be random times where it's a possibility that it might be done every now and again.

Have you tried logging into the tab, via cellular device instead? Or maybe even tried using a mobile hotspot if you have access to one?

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline cytofin

• Experienced Traveler
    • cytofin
    • teahsu
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt/Contact
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 07:52:33 pm »
What do you mean that the other browsers are giving you a virus(?) If you're referring to Chrome / Firefox I haven't gotten no such thing, as long as you downloaded from the site I believe.

Another thing, it could be that since the site is being worked on, there will be random times where it's a possibility that it might be done every now and again.

Have you tried logging into the tab, via cellular device instead? Or maybe even tried using a mobile hotspot if you have access to one?

They just gave me a virus when I installed them, and it was downloaded from the site.
Since it states clearly that it is nothing wrong with the browser itself above, I do think it is the game since it should be working fine since you are able to go to the creative den when offline to create maps and such. If that is possible, then it is not the browser. (So, in conclusion, it is not the browser.)
My point is that I cannot get to the login screen, so logging in is not an option currently.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:00:52 pm by silver warrior »

Offline Hakumi

• Honored Hero
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 07:55:55 pm »
I'm able to currently go into the game though along with a few others so it can't be the game itself, it might be the internet or the proxy.

Is the proxy off(?)

Offline cytofin

• Experienced Traveler
    • cytofin
    • teahsu
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt/Contact
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 08:07:31 pm »
I'm able to currently go into the game though along with a few others so it can't be the game itself, it might be the internet or the proxy.

Is the proxy off(?)

Proxy? Currently my internet is up and running perfectly fine. It cut off a few minutes ago, but is back to working.
Still, I should be able to get in-game and go to the creative den easily even if I am offline. Currently, it is not responding on the screen that first pops up when you click on the logo to open up FeralHeart, the one that is black and has a picture of a lion like creature thingy sketched in white.

Offline Hakumi

• Honored Hero
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2016, 08:12:43 pm »
Ah yes, Make sure that your proxy settings is turned off or it might not let you connect to the game. To do this:

Click on the Tool Settings and then select the Internet Options.

From there, click the connections tab and select LAN settings.

Lastly, uncheck the box for the use proxy server for your LAN and click 'Okay' to return to your internet browser.

Edit: Another thing to think about, is seeing if something is messing with the files, like a virus or your anti-virus.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 08:17:40 pm by Hakumi »

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2016, 08:51:14 pm »
It's quite possible you downloaded false browsers. If you got the browsers from an ad on any site and now the site of the official browser you could of gotten a virus. I suggest that you get rid of Feral Heart and those browsers you downloaded completely and then proceed to do a full computer scan in order to erase any possible left over virus issues. Then you can completely reinstall Feral Heart and see if that works. I highly suggest restarting the computer after the full virus scan because it wont run as smooth right afterwards. Also a full scan can take some time, sometimes it can take hours depending on how much you have on your computer, but it's important in the case that you have a virus messing with your programs. Viruses left unattended can lead to allowing more viruses in as well as making it so the computer can only be fixed by a professional, so remember even if it seems tedious, it's an important thing to do to keep your computer safe.

Offline cytofin

• Experienced Traveler
    • cytofin
    • teahsu
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt/Contact
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2016, 12:05:38 am »
It's quite possible you downloaded false browsers. If you got the browsers from an ad on any site and now the site of the official browser you could of gotten a virus. I suggest that you get rid of Feral Heart and those browsers you downloaded completely and then proceed to do a full computer scan in order to erase any possible left over virus issues. Then you can completely reinstall Feral Heart and see if that works. I highly suggest restarting the computer after the full virus scan because it wont run as smooth right afterwards. Also a full scan can take some time, sometimes it can take hours depending on how much you have on your computer, but it's important in the case that you have a virus messing with your programs. Viruses left unattended can lead to allowing more viruses in as well as making it so the computer can only be fixed by a professional, so remember even if it seems tedious, it's an important thing to do to keep your computer safe.

Ah yes, Make sure that your proxy settings is turned off or it might not let you connect to the game. To do this:

Click on the Tool Settings and then select the Internet Options.

From there, click the connections tab and select LAN settings.

Lastly, uncheck the box for the use proxy server for your LAN and click 'Okay' to return to your internet browser.

Edit: Another thing to think about, is seeing if something is messing with the files, like a virus or your anti-virus.

I have no programs to do virus scans, that program subscription expired a long time ago.
I did not get resubscribed to it because I see it as a waist of money as it at times does not let you download things, plus my dad is in charge of that and he doesn't want to spend his money on an anti-virus thing for my laptop as my laptop is old and really crappy anyway. (It is only one year old actual, but it was a very cheap laptop. I am trying to get a much better priced on with a bigger hard drive next time I am allowed to get a new computer, which will probably be never.)
Is it the proxy? No. This has nothing to do what so ever with logging in now, it let me get in game for just a few minor minutes that allowed me to check if it was the login, and it is not. The login works perfectly fine accept for the bad token part which I can handle as long as I can solve what is causing the 'Not Responding' thing to pop up when I press the FH logo and it goes to the black page that has a white sketch of a lion on it while you are waiting for the login screen to come it and also why it takes almost an hour to finally go to the login screen itself. If I can get those figured out and fixed, I can go ahead and get out of everyones fur and go back to being a forum stalker.

Offline DarkLustyHumor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2016, 12:09:02 am »
With the issues involving money, AVG is free and there's also something called glary utilities by glarysoft which is also free where you can use it to scan your computer and clear it of any issues. Both of which are free, unless you buy the professional version and both of these can help with viruses. I wish you all the best of luck floof.

Offline cytofin

• Experienced Traveler
    • cytofin
    • teahsu
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt/Contact
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2016, 12:13:24 am »
With the issues involving money, AVG is free and there's also something called glary utilities by glarysoft which is also free where you can use it to scan your computer and clear it of any issues. Both of which are free, unless you buy the professional version and both of these can help with viruses. I wish you all the best of luck floof.
Oh, I didn't know there was free scanners. I thought they all cost money. Could you possibly give me the links to them if that is not a problem.