Author Topic: Legendary Items problems  (Read 5085 times)

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary Items problems
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 03:46:05 am »
You may have to reinstall your whole game. Could use a fresh install of the base game, then the items/markings packs to register correctly.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline WinterWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • You only live once.
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 03:58:54 am »
Hey, guys. I recently downloaded the updated Legendary Items and Markings packs and I noticed a few problems.

• The regular antlers that aren't included in the packs are completely black.  This doesn't bother me too much but it's still a problem.
  • Quite a few of the items are missing in the character creator. I can see most of them perfectly fine in-game but they do not show up in the creator. This is the problem that annoys me the most since some of the missing items are the top beak but not the bottom beak. I cannot see the top beak but it's in my files.

Screenshot

I've tried re-downloading the Items pack and re-installing it but that didn't work.
I'm sorry if I'm creating a topic over nothing or a problem that's incredibly easy to fix.

If any of you could help, that'd be great!

Thanks!
I'm having the exact same problem as you. A moderator sent me the recent version and I installed it like the guide said, and some of mine are missing and the antlers are black too.
~Updating~
Signature by TwistedSorrowz
Find me in game as Destiny!

Offline Gryphonebooth

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • brutally gryp-honest
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2016, 04:19:02 am »
Hey, guys. I recently downloaded the updated Legendary Items and Markings packs and I noticed a few problems.

• The regular antlers that aren't included in the packs are completely black.  This doesn't bother me too much but it's still a problem.
  • Quite a few of the items are missing in the character creator. I can see most of them perfectly fine in-game but they do not show up in the creator. This is the problem that annoys me the most since some of the missing items are the top beak but not the bottom beak. I cannot see the top beak but it's in my files.

Screenshot

I've tried re-downloading the Items pack and re-installing it but that didn't work.
I'm sorry if I'm creating a topic over nothing or a problem that's incredibly easy to fix.

If any of you could help, that'd be great!

Thanks!
I'm having the exact same problem as you. A moderator sent me the recent version and I installed it like the guide said, and some of mine are missing and the antlers are black too.

That's at least slightly comforting.

and Morgra, I'm about to try that. Thank you for the suggestion!
Feel free to message me pal

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2016, 06:21:07 am »
and Morgra, I'm about to try that. Thank you for the suggestion!

You're welcome. Hope it helps. That's the only reason I can think of as the zips include all of the files needed to put in the markings folders and such.

Also, there are two different items.cfg files. The one that is in the zip's items folder goes in the media>items folder and the one that is in the zip's main directory goes just straight to the FeralHeart folder (Hope that made sense.)

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2016, 08:32:11 am »
i thought that was normal?   But i looked in the items list and found the material file spec's a .png where the file for it in the folder is a .jpg.  So if someone could investigate that further then the mystery might be solved.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2016, 09:01:26 am »
i thought that was normal?   But i looked in the items list and found the material file spec's a .png where the file for it in the folder is a .jpg.  So if someone could investigate that further then the mystery might be solved.

What specific material is it for? Was it for the antlers specified above?

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2016, 10:02:47 am »
If someone could link me the download for this I will be able to look into it during the day.
Unless someone is already working on it and finished before I've managed to get back from work.
RETIRED.

Offline Gryphonebooth

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • brutally gryp-honest
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2016, 02:13:39 pm »
Redownloading FeralHeart and reinstalling the Legendary Items pack has definitely helped with the missing items. The only problem is some items have gone and disappeared, such as the Barghest helm, sapphire antlers and the brown and white long antlers. And a texture for the blade and guard seems to have disappeared or is glitched on the masamune, which is quite a pity since I use that on my main character.

I fear I may have to redownload FH and reinstall the pack again and I do not want to do that.
Feel free to message me pal

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2016, 06:25:27 pm »

What specific material is it for? Was it for the antlers specified above?

Yes.  Missing items i'm not sure about, i know i swapped some meshes and had that problem but doesn't sound like they did mesh swapping.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Zemalene

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • EdgierThanA90DegreeAngle
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2016, 07:24:18 pm »
Try to delete the files in your folder, then put them back in. It worked for me when I had only one fourth of the items in Legendary Items Pack in my game, but I still had all the files. I hope this helps!