Author Topic: Why did he go?  (Read 9942 times)

Offline Allari101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • little-kitteness
    • View Profile
Re: Why did he go?
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2016, 02:20:38 am »
Eh, I don't think it matters truly why he left anymore. The fact is he isn't here and now we're stuck with this source code problem, which could help the game progress. I'm going to stick with the idea of a new game, and hopefully we get enough people to help us do that!

In-game user is Allari101

Echoing harmony

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2016, 04:01:49 am »
Eh, I don't think it matters truly why he left anymore. The fact is he isn't here and now we're stuck with this source code problem, which could help the game progress. I'm going to stick with the idea of a new game, and hopefully we get enough people to help us do that!
Aye, that's a great idea, I'm working a anthro online game that has stories and stuff. But it does not seem so FH-y, besides the character creation and map-making. Then again, this game's code is only 2% finished. :/

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2016, 11:23:20 am »
I will be honest here, but we don't really need Kovu to run this game anymore because we have the staff and Raz and us keeping it alive! We should start appreciating what they are doing for us, rather than looking at the past and seeing the small things that we lost. We have had at least a few changes on the site after he left but even if the game didn't, people are loving it because of who this community is. We are giving a lot of ideas in and supporting them too to make everything happen, that's what we're also here for. There are so many things that we might have done that Kovu didn't, like friendships and memories! He had a reason to leave, and in the end if someone makes a decision like his, he is leaving amazing people behind and memories. So why question so much, rather than seeing what we have now? :3

I do agree with all of your lovley comments but we just have to let him go. Think about it, who knows what he is thinking now. If he did not put the effort to come back or will or even thought about how we are feeling, then what is the point of caring about him continuesly? There are just some things in life we need to let go, and this is an example, and it is probably to show us that we are capable of doing more than he did. Here are a few reasons why we don't need him:

- Our community did not shrink into pieces after he left, it actually grew.
- Our staff did not become depressed after he left, they actually became happier for moving on.
- This game did not die after he left, because the staff lifted it for us and that is enough.
- And I think that this community isn't ashamed that we don't have him, he should be ashamed for leaving us.

I just had to say this, because I have seen many threads talk about this along with rants and I had to say something but I kept it in. There is no purpose anymore, all that matters is that we are happy! I hope this is understood. Thanks to the staff for giving us every security and care that we need to it's tip, look at how much this game has grown because of you. Some people might not know that Kovu has built it along with you, and are still proud and happy to be here. Don't look at the bad things that people will throw at your face, because you do have a big responsibilty to take care for hundreds of users which is mouth opening! :)

Talking about this is getting us no where when you see it now, but it is just making at think and think more about it. It's best to not make complaints now, because we don't know what happening in the future. This might be the best game ever, or a disaster (I'm sure it won't!). You don't know how I feel right now, it just went all out and I know I wrote a little too much but I think when people read it, it might be worth it. This will give some people realization, because they should know.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 11:47:57 am by Ritatalia »

Offline Allari101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • little-kitteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2016, 07:00:32 pm »
Amazing comment. I entirely agree.

In-game user is Allari101

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2016, 09:13:03 pm »
Amazing comment. I entirely agree.

Thanks. <3 As always, we have to see the bright side! :)

Offline Skullfrost

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • @x_skulleh
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2016, 09:17:11 am »
There was a group on Tumblr who were going to remake FH entirely, with a new handmade source and everything, but Kovu actually shut it down for some reason.

So... he doesn't want FH to be improved, apparently, and is entirely against it getting any improvement.

However, there's also a new FH section on KITO- apparently RedEye had been given an earlier version of the FH source by LKD himself and is refining it, and will probably be releasing it to the public... so maybe a new FH is still possible.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 09:24:02 am by Skulleh »

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2016, 10:35:49 am »
There was a group on Tumblr who were going to remake FH entirely, with a new handmade source and everything, but Kovu actually shut it down for some reason.

So... he doesn't want FH to be improved, apparently, and is entirely against it getting any improvement.

However, there's also a new FH section on KITO- apparently RedEye had been given an earlier version of the FH source by LKD himself and is refining it, and will probably be releasing it to the public... so maybe a new FH is still possible.

That's actually weird because if he doesn't want to improve anything in the original one, then what's the point of making a new one? I have a feeling that he didn't retire from FH, there might of been something bothering him here but didn't tell anyone, but ignored everyone. The reason to this is because he is still launching out new servers of impressive title, and most of them are under construction at the moment like Isles of Eventide. When I look at some rants and arguments in the past made in a thread, I start to realise that he might be thinking that the staff team are not enough to help and didn't take their caring into consideration, which results him into thinking that they don't appreciate his work. If he really retired, then he wouldn't be launching other IT servers. But I am also suspecting something else.

None of the server's websites mention anything about Feralheart and I have a feeling he has spoken to the staff members there about what he has done or felt, I am not saying this has happened, but might of.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2016, 10:41:11 am »
The reason to this is because he is still launching out new servers of impressive title, and most of them are under construction at the moment like Isles of Eventide.

Isles of Eventide is in no alliance with KovuLKD and never has been since they began making their own games. IoE is not an IT server anymore, it is an entirely new game that is being made from scratch. Their old IT server was Sanctum of Eventide, and because the Staff of that server now believe they're capable of making their own game, they've moved on from it and went on with their plans.
I have my doubts that KovuLKD would have ever felt like the rest of the Staff didn't appreciate his work. Instead of leaving, Kovu could've easily removed them from their position, so no I don't actually think it cold have been anything to do with the Staff team in general. It just seems like Kovu must have liked FH how it is now and up and left due to not wanting any further updates. Sad really, FH would be all the more amazing to have had more put into the game.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2016, 11:01:40 am »
The reason to this is because he is still launching out new servers of impressive title, and most of them are under construction at the moment like Isles of Eventide.

Isles of Eventide is in no alliance with KovuLKD and never has been since they began making their own games. IoE is not an IT server anymore, it is an entirely new game that is being made from scratch. Their old IT server was Sanctum of Eventide, and because the Staff of that server now believe they're capable of making their own game, they've moved on from it and went on with their plans.
I have my doubts that KovuLKD would have ever felt like the rest of the Staff didn't appreciate his work. Instead of leaving, Kovu could've easily removed them from their position, so no I don't actually think it cold have been anything to do with the Staff team in general. It just seems like Kovu must have liked FH how it is now and up and left due to not wanting any further updates. Sad really, FH would be all the more amazing to have had more put into the game.

Oh yes, my bad! x3 Sanctum of Eventide, you're right. And that just means he only cared about the game rather than the people, which isn't a very good thing. Just imagine you're working on a project with a group of people and you are the person who does most of the work, and suddenly you leave? If that was the reason then I would be disappointed at him but this also proves my point, that he ignored how people would feel and just left. If he really cared about the people, he would of at least handed the source code and said "I must go, but you can continue the upcoming updates." Now that my friends, is an example of how he could of left.

But in the end, we must move on and appreciate everything that we have.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2016, 03:19:22 pm »

I had seen the whole Kito FH thing and to be honest I don't see any true good coming from it xD They're claiming that they're going to release some version of the FH source code and even if they do do that you can all just wave good bye to Feral Heart as you know it. Feral Heart is just going to turn into Impressive Title again lol. The community will be split apart amongst numerous tiny servers and then these communities will start having rivalries of which community/game/staff is better blah blah blah. Not to mention you'll have inexperienced folks making servers who are unable to handle their communities need for aid with trouble shooting etc so you'll have people complaining how they can't get help and how terrible the game is etc. If that does happen you can all thank immature, prideful, and greedy folks who can't work together under one community to improve a single game. Oh my this does sound so much like what originally happened with IT. You're lucky if an Impressive Title server can manage even 100 loyal users in their game at any given time, yet alone manage their game for more than a year. Sadly most Impressive Title servers are a joke. Impressive Title now of days isn't even a shadow of its former self due to how broken that community is. The game itself has also been totally twisted up from its creators original vision.

All I care about is LKD's opinion on FH. What does LKD want and think. I'm curious did he give RedEye permission to "refine" or touch his codes in general? If LKD has been so against people like the Tumblr group starting a new FH then why would he let them edit his code yet alone release it publically? There's a difference between LKD giving his code to a friend for safe keeping and giving his code for fiddling.

I don't want to hear from middle men anymore but rather LKD himself. It doesn't take hours for him to simply pop by and say "Hey guys! Here are my plans for FH, etc etc. Am I coming back? etc etc." I find it incredibly careless that he hasn't bothered to address his game's loyal fandom especially when he knows all the confusion the community has had about his where abouts and his game. Anyone who truly cares about their "fans" and appreciates them would care enough to at least keep them updated on things, they don't just up and disappear and become impossible to reach. It's really sad how he has left his community... a community that still continues to support his broken game since 2011. Shameful. Everyone will make excuses that he's gone off to work but as I said we staff work and go to school and can still make time for a community that isn't even our responsibility. It does not even take 5 minutes to show some care sometimes. LKD is still welcome here and no one ever pushed him out. I've reached out to him in many ways too and all he does is make excuses and disappear. It's a childish game and it's the community that suffers because of it.