Author Topic: Why did he go?  (Read 9934 times)

Offline Allari101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • little-kitteness
    • View Profile
Why did he go?
« on: December 19, 2015, 10:02:34 pm »
So the reason FH can't fully be altered is due to the original maker leaving and taking all the important files with him.

Why did he leave, when did he leave, and what motivated Red to take FH into his own paws?

I'm just interested in hearing the full story. :)

In-game user is Allari101

Offline Dex-Hart

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Why did he go?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 10:19:02 pm »
This doesn't exactly belong in the Help section of the forums. It should probably go in the Game Discussion.
In-Game User: Dex-Hart

Preach

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 10:23:48 pm »
Kovu hasn't been in communication with the staff in quite some time. It looks as though he is working on a Facebook game, however nobody on the staff has been able to confirm this. He just isn't talking with us anymore

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 10:25:39 pm »
Moving this to the game discussion board.

As for the answer as to why KovuLKD left, no one but him knows. He never gave an official statement.

Raz kept the server running because LKD never gave him word to shut it down and the staff continues to work with the game because we love the community and continue to see its potential even in LKD's absence.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 10:45:37 pm »
who the hell knows

even the facebook game he had begun work on is for the most part broken, and he's only come back one 1/2 times to say something

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Preach

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 11:19:42 pm »
Has the staff ever consider making a sticky thread based on the creator's disappearance?

Offline papayatoot

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • papayatoot
    • papayatoot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 11:53:49 pm »
Yeah I think about this and people say "we can't get into contact with him" but like smh are y'all even trying? go call him up, call up his friends, knock on his doors (lmao jk)

But what I actually want to know is if the guy abandoned his game and didn't plan on returning or working on it ever again, why didn't he leave the source code so other people who still cared about it could? Or he could make a copy of the game so his original work could be saved and then another version could also be developed? Isn't it the same deal with IT? like come on if he had left the code, this came could literally be Aro'Kai.

Offline Allari101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • little-kitteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 01:14:47 am »
I agree with papayatoot. The staff should make a better effort to contact him, if they haven't already. Keep trying. The source code is obviously a necessary piece of FH, and it could greatly help us expand.

Not trying to be pushy, but it would help. We can try lol??

In-game user is Allari101

Preach

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 01:22:37 am »
I agree with papayatoot. The staff should make a better effort to contact him, if they haven't already. Keep trying. The source code is obviously a necessary piece of FH, and it could greatly help us expand.

I would agree but disagree at the same time. No matter how much the staff tries we can't push them to be better and expect  them to have the code. If the creator want to be stingy, let him be. There's no reason to hide the code - I agree, but it's his game. Y'all should be at least grateful he left the game opened. Point being, they can call me 24/7 and still get nothing good in return. However, they can try making their own?

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 01:28:47 am »
Yeah I think about this and people say "we can't get into contact with him" but like smh are y'all even trying? go call him up, call up his friends, knock on his doors (lmao jk)

But what I actually want to know is if the guy abandoned his game and didn't plan on returning or working on it ever again, why didn't he leave the source code so other people who still cared about it could? Or he could make a copy of the game so his original work could be saved and then another version could also be developed? Isn't it the same deal with IT? like come on if he had left the code, this came could literally be Aro'Kai.

Are you assuming we aren't trying hard enough? xD Cause it seems like you are.

I've spoken directly with LKD already and even his friends and LKD has made it apparent that he is not parting with the source code. He hasn't made it clear why he doesn't want to give up the source code yet nor if he ever will. He is a busy man. He doesn't seem to have much interest in Feral Heart anymore. It's not the Feral Heart staffs' problem if he isn't decided with what to do with his game. We are just here keeping the community alive and running in his absence. We're not here to force him to do anything he doesn't want to do with his own game.

So yeah. Staff has made efforts to speak with him in all ways... It's KovuLKD who wants nothing to do with Feral Heart as of now. You guys are free to go try and reach him yourselves if you think it so necessary.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 01:30:51 am by LordSuragaha »