Author Topic: Are items free to use as map objects?  (Read 1590 times)

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: Are items free to use as map objects?
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 05:42:36 pm »
So you're just using objects that you've retextured?

You are amazing <3

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2018, 08:11:54 pm »
No, some of the objects I'm using were created from scratch using the basic shape meshes, those objects I created also use textures I made(Well, photographed from real life things like the bottom of a pan, or part of my computer, or the sidewalk outside), but I don't own the basic shapes I put my objects together with.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2018, 08:30:05 pm »
You can use "All objects belong to their rightful owners" if the original owner(s)/creator(s) have not asked for personal credit in their release (i.e. "Please credit me if use is involved"). However, it is always polite to give credit to the source even if credit isn't requested. Whether it's a link to where you got things from, or a name mention (if you know), mention it.

As said before, people usually make text documents to provide credit in their .zip downloads for users to see as soon as they open it up. Maybe provide names and links to the source of the object/item. If you don't know of any names, then as long as you know you're permitted to use them, just provide a link to the source. In FH, a lot of people convert objects. If this is the case, then it'd be best for you to credit the game the objects came from (for example; WoW/Blizzard) and then the name of the user who converted them.

But most importantly, always check that you are permitted to use something, usually though the owner(s)/creator(s) written permission (to you personally, or publicly if it's open for public use).

Keep in mind:

If you don't know where it came from, who made it, or if the creator's license for said items includes rules saying not to, it's best not to use it.

In general, don't touch stuff you don't know anything about if you ever come across that scenario.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2018, 07:41:46 am »
Thank you, everyone! All my questions in this topic are now answered, and I'll bookmark this topic for future reference.

I've credited the creator names and added links to where I got the meshes from in a text document for my upcoming map(Which is an update of an older map of mine).

This topic may now be locked.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 02:44:38 am »
Locking this topic now that the problem has been resolved and discussed!
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.