Author Topic: |Tempestatem Silva|(Forest Animal RP. Open & Accepting)  (Read 19798 times)

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
Re: |Tempestatem Silva|(Forest Animal RP. Open & Accepting)
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2014, 10:20:53 am »

Riana

As the day slowly moved on Rianas hunger level slowly raised to the point where it began to grumble and groan, a pain soon followed this burst of hunger. Stopping for a moment in the open forests the she-wolf glanced around, her snout raised up into the air taking in any scents of potential prey near by-of course there was. Strong scents drifted back from the direction the meadow was in an abvious place for prey to visit because of the food and water source near by. Running her tongue across her lips Riana set off, her tail swaying gently back and forth as she once again picked up the pace.

A few minutes of traveling and Riana could already see the meadow in the distance-large flowers poking from the ground with herbivores and ombivores eating peacefully. The meadow was always a good place to look for an easy meal most of the animals weren't alert and more focussed on grazing-which gave the predators a great advantage. As the black canid grew nearer to the grasslands prey began to come into view Rabbits, Deers, Birds, Mice and maybe a Fox or a Coyote would make a good meal if they wondered to close. With her hunger increasing Riana needed food in order to survive and with all these opportunities around where could she go wrong. Sharply turning missing a tree by inches Riana leant back slightly on her hind quarters, digging them into the ground whilst her front end lifted from the ground-allowing her rear end to life she was not standing on top of a rock observing each and every animal.

Luckily the rock was hidden in the shadows so the only thing visable would be her shape and obviously her birght, shining eyes. Letting out an almost silent whimper Riana lowered herself to her haunches as she glanced around-examining every animal in her sight. At this time in day it was mostly Rabbits and Deer that ventured into the meadows so her variety of food wasn't open until the day moved on. But something caught her attention, something seemed hidden in the grass-although it wasn't doing a very good job at hiding as the grass swayed back and forth causing a grin to creep across her face. Craning her neck slightly she watched and out hoppen a quite large, plump Rabbit that seemed to have a gash on its like-probably from a previous predator encounter. Now she had her target.

Leaping swiftly from the rock Riana crouched down low in the long grass-now completely hidden from the Rabbits sight and with the wind blowing in the opposite direction that was a bonus. Eyes narrowed she watched the small, furred creature with interest-the pain of hunger still in her stomach. Stupidly the creature turned its back and now was her chance. Lunging forward towards the small creature that only had time to turn its head before large paws slammed into its back causing it to sprawl across the floor gasping for air. Paws on the creature pushing all the air out its last sightings were a black figure. Looking down at the suffering creature Riana quickly ended its life with a quick bite to the throat-only a few animals had been startled by the quick scene.

Now, with a Rabbit hanging limp from her jaws Riana rose to all fours-her large figure now noticible over the grass. Looking around she growled as a few animals glanced at her, but it didn't bother her to much. Setting off once more Riana headed towards a rock that was more in direct sunlight-just what she loved. Quite proud of her kill she continued trotting through the grass, her head held high as she hurried towards the rick to dig into her kill.

Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

Offline kayla1235

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2014, 11:44:12 am »
((Me: D:! WABBIT! Scotch: WHAT IS WITH YOU PEOPLE AND RABBITS STILL! XD
How you guys are like prefering to hunt rabbits makes me laugh, I'm not even joking x3. And thanks Oreo for some more proof, I feel a lot better. I also need to wait for Bo to reply before I can post again))

Thanks for the great sig Tinytail!
What's wrong? I like to smile that's all. I'm quite a nice dog really. -Subject_16

Offline sparticles

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 51
    • http://spartay.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2014, 12:19:22 pm »

[[Well, I guess its because to a wolf, fox, coyote etc rabbits are an easy meal. It's rare for a lone animal to really hunt something big as that's more of a pack/group thing. But I guess if they were desperate for food they will probably try and hunt something bigger]]
Discord: Most active here, DM me for it.
DA Account

Signature: ImmatureGirl on DA.

Offline LasVagas

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • Screw you guys, i'm going home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2014, 01:25:16 pm »

Character Name: Chippy
Species?: Chipmunk

Description: Chippy is a very lively little character. Being only two months old, he loves to be out and about, exploring the vast world one little step at a time. Being cheeky, he has known to be a pest to some of the other animals, since he has been seen hitching rides on deer and tugging and playing with rabbit ears. He has also bravely rolled around in the soft fur of a wolf whilst it was sleeping. He also hoards a vast amount of food in his cheek pouches, making his cheeks look extremely fat and full, since he never trust's his nest, which is only a few patches of rabbit fur on a forked branch.

Background/History: Chippy was one of three siblings. His life was rather dull in the nest; his parents gave the three siblings food and they would get into large rows and fights on whoever got to keep it. Chippy was the hoarder of the food and he was the one that grabbed the food and scoffed it into his cheek pouch, his two brothers knocking him about for him to spit it out. When they where three weeks, the three brothers left the nest in a very informal fashion; Chippy kicked both of his brothers down from the hole in the trunk for them to fall flat on their backs on the soft, leaf-coated ground. They both squeaked and shook their tiny little fists and him whilst he giggled. That was the last Chippy ever saw of his brothers.

Chippy then started to build his own nest. He could not find any abandoned woodpecker holes, like his parents had, so he decided to make do by pulling tuffs of fur out of a rabbit tail whilst it was sleeping and placing it in a little nook at the top of a tree.

Dooooooooood.

Offline kayla1235

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2014, 07:22:41 pm »
((Omg xD A chipmunk named Chippy. That is amazing! Lol, anyway your accepted and can join in whenever))

What's wrong? I like to smile that's all. I'm quite a nice dog really. -Subject_16

Offline duna the killer

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 35
  • Vacationing 28th - 4th, You all are amazing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2014, 07:26:48 pm »

Kilo was flying through the air, occasionally flapping his wings. He looked below him, searching for prey. He turned and flew lower, until he saw a large brown rabbit. The rabbit was nibbling on grass. Kilo rose about 40 ft into the air, his eyes locked the rabbit. Kilo was circling. Suddenly his tilted his body forward and folded his wing. He extended his talons. He grabbed the rabbit and flew to his nest. The rabbit shrieked and struggled, but Kilo killed it quick. He landed and began to dig in.

Offline LasVagas

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • Screw you guys, i'm going home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2014, 08:56:52 pm »
Chippy

Chippy's long tail flew out as he pounced along the foliage, his little nose firmly focused on the ground looking for insects or acorns to store. He cheek pouches where full and puffy with acorns he had collected from his previous scavenge. After a couple of moments of pushing back in a stray acorn that was beginning to slip out, a small stick insect stood in-front of him, it's long thin body looking extremely inviting for a protein top-up. Chippy spat out all of the acorns on the ground and lunged at the insect, starting to eat it from the head down. Just as the Chipmunk dropped one half of the uneaten body to cleans his paws of blood, Chippy saw a rabbit in front of him nibbling on some grass. "Hi there wabbit!" Squeaked the tiny ball of fur. The rabbit looked up, but before it could utter a word, a large horned owl swooped down and swept it up in it's large talons. Chippy's eyes widened and his mouth dropped open. He quickly grabbed one of his acorns off the ground and scattered to a nearby hollowed-out tree trunk. Chippy breathed heavily, standing on his two back feet and listening for the beat of the owls wings, but all had fallen quiet except for the trickle of a nearby creek.

Chippy stood deep in the hollowed out tree trunk, his breathing slowly going back to normal. The young Chipmunk slowly closed his mouth and edged towards the entrance of the bark covered cylinder, now on all four paws. "Hello?" Chippy called from the old mossy mass.  Finally, Chippy got the courage to return to collect his acorn nuts. As he picked them up and slowly put them back in his cheek pouch, the smell of fresh blood filled his nostrils and he began to wonder what other animals were going to pose a threat to the small fur ball.

Dooooooooood.

Offline rainbow lion

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2014, 09:07:22 pm »

~~~
Character Name : Thryn
Species?(Deer,Rabbit,Moose,etc...) : Barn owl :3
Picture/Description : As you can see above she is a pretty barn owl. She is kinda thin and he feathers range on the lighter side of the spectrum. Even though Thryn lacks bulk she makes up for it with speed.
Background/History : She nests near the swifter moving creek. The nest is not a very neat one in a hollow because she likes to move around a lot. Though she is thinking of staying here. Might be more likely to talk to someone. Thryn had grown as an owlet from a different forest with her parents. The moment she felt she could fly comfortably she left. Exploring, Thryn came upon Tempestatem admiring it's beauty. If she wishes she can have a sharp tongue occasionally but other than that she's rather chatty.

Offline kayla1235

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2014, 09:14:22 pm »
((Accepted. Join in whenever. And I love Chippy already, XD It just sees a rabbit carried off by an owl and its just like "D: ERMIGEWRD MAN! DAT WABBIT!"))

Offline wolfgrrl13

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • View Profile
    • Roleplay Land
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2014, 01:05:06 am »
((Thank you!!))

A small mountain lion looked down at the forest floor from a thick tree branch on which she perched.  She had just witnessed the owl's hunt, and a scowl crossed her face.  That rabbit was hers.  She looked over the chipmunk with mild interest.  It was too small to satisfy her hunger.  Zarya stood on the branch, balancing quite well thanks to her long tail, and stretched her back.  A yawn ripped through her maw and she crouched on the branch once more.  With a small leap, she landed to the ground with a thud.  A pink tongue rasped over her paw as she sat up to clean herself.  

Satisfied with her bathing, Zarya slinked past the tree where the chipmunk had went, past the rock where a wolf's scent still lingered, and paused at the treeline.  She gazed into the meadow with longing.  There were a few deer here, but she would not risk trying to take one down now.  Her hunger would take no more than a few rabbits to be subdued, anyway.  She was crouched down, waiting until she pinpointed exactly where she should pounce, when she heard a scuttling of the leaves near her.  Small ears pricked and alert, she sniffed the air and let a small smirk play across her face.  Porcupine.  Oh, how long it had been since she had eaten a porcupine.  Turning her attention away from the meadow, Zarya stalked towards her prey.  When it came into sight, she froze, then pounced.  

Using her massive paws, she was able to flip the porcupine over and slice into its exposed stomach with hook-like claws.  She dipped her head and said a quick thanks to the porcupine.  Her mother had taught her to always respect the prey, for it had fed her and kept her alive.  She picked carefully around the quills, and soon, there was barely anything left of the porcupine.  Zarya licked her chops hastily and padded down the trail to the less occupied creek.  She stretched out on a rock and let the sun shine down on her.